Rooms above the dining room on Nieuw Amsterdam

Netta7

We are considering a last minute cruise and the only available connecting rooms are directly above the dining room (4160 & 4164). My DH is worried about noise. Sleeping in and relaxing are very important on this cruise! Has anyone stayed in these rooms? Advice most appreciated.

Thank you,

Netta7

We are considering a last minute cruise and the only available connecting rooms are directly above the dining room (4160 & 4164). My DH is worried about noise. Sleeping in and relaxing are very important on this cruise! Has anyone stayed in these rooms? Advice most appreciated.

Thank you,

Netta7

I don't have any personal experience with these exact rooms, but I would much rather be over the dining room than under it! Plus, on HAL there is almost never any music played in the dining room anymore (except perhaps during dinner on the last night), so I don't think that would be a problem at all.

Being over the galley might be a problem, but not being over the dining room.

I suppose there is also a chance that the vibration suppression system for the propellers could fail, and there could be vibration in that area. But normally it should be just fine (and you are looking at the newest HAL ship anyway).

I don't have any personal experience with these exact rooms, but I would much rather be over the dining room than under it! Plus, on HAL there is almost never any music played in the dining room anymore (except perhaps during dinner on the last night), so I don't think that would be a problem at all.

Being over the galley might be a problem, but not being over the dining room.

I suppose there is also a chance that the vibration suppression system for the propellers could fail, and there could be vibration in that area. But normally it should be just fine (and you are looking at the newest HAL ship anyway).

Good observation!

We stayed in room 4176 and had the late seating for dinner. While getting ready for dinner on the second to last night of the cruise we heard the celebration in the dining room below. It was no more than a few minutes long and we never heard any other sounds.

We stayed in room 4176 and had the late seating for dinner. While getting ready for dinner on the second to last night of the cruise we heard the celebration in the dining room below. It was no more than a few minutes long and we never heard any other sounds.

We had the exact same experience and we have been in 4178 and 4185 on the NA. Occasionally we would smell certain foods being cooked. But that wasn’t often and it certainly didn’t bother us. Mostly it smelled good! I can’t remember any noise in the morning coming from the dining room.

You are actually over the Upper Level of the dining room -- quiet.

Breakfast and lunch is usually served on the Lower level of the dining room where the kitchen is.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hope no one is dancing on the ceiling. :D:D

Archived