Boutique on Riviera

Greencay

On Marina they had 3 shops probably the same on Riveira

From what I remember it was

jewelry/watches

Perfume/face creams etc..

Clothing, logo items, sundries

No alcohol if that is the Duty Free you mean ;)

What do they offer in the Boutique? Do they carry logo items? I still have my "Dam Ships" T-shirt. How about duty-free items?

190146.jpg

There are three shops.

One is a fine jewelry store, another is 90% cologne & perfume, although they do carry other duty free items (Sunglasses and costume jewelry come to mind), the third is clothing (including logo wear).

The clothing store also carries the type of sundries that one might need to replace on a trip. Not a huge selection, but they cover quite a spectrum (from baby powder to Denture supplies :D .

Oceania_Marina_and_Riviera_Boutiques.jpg

Sometimes I am a curmudgeon, and now is one of those times. (Okay, some people may say I'm always a curmudgeon.)

I used to love the t-shirts available on Renaissance and then Oceania. But no more. They are just boring.

I am still wearing a great t-shirt I got on one of my first Oceania cruises, despite the holes in it! I don't blame O, I'm assuming it's the concessionaires. But I would really like to see those fabulous t-shirts return. I don't mean one that is grey with the name of the ship on the sleeve!

I don't spend a lot of money on the ships, t-shirts are pretty much my limit ... also the $10 watch sales (although they weren't on our last two cruises either).

So maybe they don't care about meeting my desires... sigh...

Mura

Essentially, the only time we've purchased anything from the boutiques is when we've had excess onboard credit. We've purchased tee-shirts, costume jewelry, sunglasses, and clothing items (I really like a linen-look sport coat I got on Riviera). All of it was no doubt overpriced, but because the OBC was of the "use it or lose it" category, it was either spend it in the boutiques or go on a massive drunk :eek::p;), and I look at the "stuff" as virtually "free".

There was not one thing in the boutiques that appealed to me which was very disappointing. The only "logo wear" were golf shirts. I wanted a simple t-shirt with "Oceania" or "Riviera" on it. But it was not to be. It wasn't a major enough issue to mention in my review, but I hated coming home with just a plastic luggage tag and nothing I could throw on and bring fond memories to the surface.

There was one shirt that my husband loved, a plastic casual shirt. But for $150 I wasn't buying:).

Matter of fact, I forgot my body lotion at home and they didn't even sell that. Fortunately I loved, loved, loved the Bulgari lotion so I used that and saved myself some money.:D

I did find a plain t-shirt on Marina with the logo & DH got a polo shirt

I did enjoy the costume jewelry sales as well as the $10 tables on the R-ships

Got a nice evening bag & some Swarovski earrings on the R-ships

The O class ships most of the clothing is very overpriced

I saw a skirt that was almost $200 ..my friend got the same skirt here for $70 which was overpriced at that price ;)

I am sure they do not want to have the cheap tables on the O Class ships but they did have some interesting stuff ;)

To each his own

There was not one thing in the boutiques that appealed to me which was very disappointing. The only "logo wear" were golf shirts. I wanted a simple t-shirt with "Oceania" or "Riviera" on it. But it was not to be. It wasn't a major enough issue to mention in my review, but I hated coming home with just a plastic luggage tag and nothing I could throw on and bring fond memories to the surface.

There was one shirt that my husband loved, a plastic casual shirt. But for $150 I wasn't buying:).

Matter of fact, I forgot my body lotion at home and they didn't even sell that. Fortunately I loved, loved, loved the Bulgari lotion so I used that and saved myself some money.:D

Heather,

I am with you on this. After perusing the shops, I did not see one thing that interested me. However I did use my O points that I earned at trivia and in the putting contests to "buy" an O tee shirt that is condensed into a little package shaped like a ship. When I add water it is supposed to turn into a wearable tee shirt! I think I will go and put it in water now.

what does a plastic shirt look like ..:confused:

Do not think I would spend that on a plastic shirt either

I did see sun lotion & other things in the shop on Marina 2 yrs ago

Maybe not enough buyers

Lyn

Heather,

I am with you on this. After perusing the shops, I did not see one thing that interested me. However I did use my O points that I earned at trivia and in the putting contests to "buy" an O tee shirt that is condensed into a little package shaped like a ship. When I add water it is supposed to turn into a wearable tee shirt! I think I will go and put it in water now.

They are very nice

DH wore his all the time until the holes took over & I tossed it ;)

We were on the second to last cruise that Insignia was offering and they had all sorts of Insignia memorandum for sale at 50 cents, that we ended up buying and we are still using. We are not shoppers and it will be interesting to see how we use our OBC for the cruise coming up. I guess we could purchase wine with it and use it up probably quite quickly that way.

Essentially, the only time we've purchased anything from the boutiques is when we've had excess onboard credit. We've purchased tee-shirts, costume jewelry, sunglasses, and clothing items (I really like a linen-look sport coat I got on Riviera). All of it was no doubt overpriced, but because the OBC was of the "use it or lose it" category, it was either spend it in the boutiques or go on a massive drunk :eek::p;), and I look at the "stuff" as virtually "free".

Remember my diamond ring from Riviera since we had ship board credit to use? I still love the one I didn't buy, but the one I did get is beautiful and I get a lot use out of it.

Cenia

Heather,

Didn't see that! I would have given it a try :)

what does a plastic shirt look like ..:confused:

Do not think I would spend that on a plastic shirt either

I did see sun lotion & other things in the shop on Marina 2 yrs ago

Maybe not enough buyers

Lyn

Lyn, typo!:eek: Meant "plaid", not "plastic".

We had no costume jewelry to speak of and certainly no $10 tables :)

Remember my diamond ring from Riviera since we had ship board credit to use? I still love the one I didn't buy, but the one I did get is beautiful and I get a lot use out of it.

Cenia

Remember it??

I still have dreams of Ice Skating on it !

Liz-Taylor-Cartier-Diamond-Ring.jpg Richard Burton certainly had nothing on Glenn!

094016.jpg

Didn't see that! I would have given it a try :)

Lyn, typo!:eek: Meant "plaid", not "plastic".

We had no costume jewelry to speak of and certainly no $10 tables :)

OK Plaid makes more sense ...

No the $10 tables were on the smaller ships in the past not sure they still do that on them now

They had a few items that I keep just for cruising

Lyn

I have never understood why cruise lines all seem to be so inept at logo items, I'm sure these same cruise lines spend many hundreds of thousands of dollars on graphic design per year but seem unable to come up with an attractive t-shirt or coffee mug or water carrier. People are always looking for something to wear to run in or wear to yoga or mow the lawn. I mean people would gladly pay to wear your company's logo if they came up with something attractive......seems like a no brainier.

As someone mentioned Oceania's current "Your World, Your Way" magazine has 5 examples of design ( the retro travel posters for each ship) that Oceania has already paid for and each of these would make an excellent logo items if silk screened on a t-shirt or mug. This really seems like a missed opportunity to me.

As someone mentioned Oceania's current "Your World, Your Way" magazine has 5 examples of design ( the retro travel posters for each ship) that Oceania has already paid for and each of these would make an excellent logo items if silk screened on a t-shirt or mug. This really seems like a missed opportunity to me.

I couldn't agree more - I absolutely loved the "posters" and would happily buy a shirt with the logo.

Cenia

Sure do remember it; and I well remember looking at it about a dozen times before you bought it! :D:cool: The best I've been able to do for Betsy is a Tanzanite ring, but it was entirely with OBC :).

Archived