2 year old in pool?

jbhermes

Hi all. We are sailing on the Ruby Princess in two weeks. CAN'T WAIT. My husband and I are taking our two adult sons, their wives, and our 2 year old granddaughter. Does anyone know if there are rules against children with swim diapers being in any of the pools? I thought I saw very little ones in the pools last year...but then I heard that some ships have rules against swim diapers--only potty trained little ones allowed in the pools. I hope this isn't the case. Gabbi LOVES being in the pool! Thanks for any responses. p.s. I tried searching Princess website but didn't find anything.

[quote name='jbhermes']Hi all. We are sailing on the Ruby Princess in two weeks. CAN'T WAIT. My husband and I are taking our two adult sons, their wives, and our 2 year old granddaughter. Does anyone know if there are rules against children with swim diapers being in any of the pools? I thought I saw very little ones in the pools last year...but then I heard that some ships have rules against swim diapers--only potty trained little ones allowed in the pools. I hope this isn't the case. Gabbi LOVES being in the pool! Thanks for any responses. p.s. I tried searching Princess website but didn't find anything.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe swim diapers are allowed. We brought a very small blow up pool for our grandson last year - he had a great time!

From the [URL="http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/Onboard_Experience/Youth_Guidelines_Registration.pdf"]Youth Program Guidelines[/URL], page 6:

[QUOTE]Swimming Pools
Youth Staff will not conduct children’s activities in the pools. Parents must supervise their children at all times when using the pools. Children in diapers/nappies and/or who are not toilet trained are not permitted in the swimming pools and hot tubs. This includes splash pools.[/QUOTE]

Your granddaughter may love being in her pool at home...but I am quite sure that kids in diapers are not permitted in pools open to the public there either.

Children must be completely potty-trained to be in the pool. No swim diapers or any kind of diaper allowed. Same for the kids area; children must be completely potty-trained.

You may consider bringing a small blow-up pool that you can fill and position out of the way. You can drain it at the edge of the deck (not anywhere near the pool.)

Yes, please don't feel bad about your grandchild not being allowed in the pool, but is more than just a Princess rule. Other cruiselines are under the health and safety codes. If an accident happens, the pool must be drained and disinfected. This is a long process and will keep others from using the pool during that time.

When my girl was taking swim lessons at our local community college, parents were told they must always make sure their kids used the bathroom facilities before their lessons. One day, we arrived for her lesson and was told they had to close the pool and go through the disinfecting process (I had just missed the phone call at home). Kids went without their lesson that day and the school had to issue credits for future classes.

Just think about how unhappy several hundred passengers would be if they encountered a closed pool on a sunny day.

Archived