Too early flight from Miami

catsforkids

Flying into FLL but out of Miami, thus the problem :confused:

I just checked my Princess Personalizer (had entered my outbound flight a while ago from Miami -12:45pm). Now a notice has come up that says the departure time is too early. I have never flown out of Miami before and plan on purchasing the Princess tx once on board. Is 12:45 really too early to make?

I did a search but could not find anything pertinent to my question.

Thanks!

I think you should be able to make it. What day are you disembarking? If its a weekend the traffic will be light and it will take you approx an hour driving time to get to MIA. if its during the week, rush hr traffic heading south into Miami could be rough.

I'm sure you will have priority departure which should give you enough time to get to the airport.

The notice that you see is a guideline by Princess.......

If you self disembark carrying your own luggage in the frist group at 7:00 am and make your own arrangements for getting to MIA you should be good.

As always if the ship is delayed etc best to have a backup plan.

I don't know if I would take a chance with the Princess transfer.

According to Princess, the earliest outbound flight from Miami that is recommended for domestic flights is 6 hours after ship's arrival. If the ship arrives at 7am, that means the earliest flight is 1:00pm. You should have no issue making a 12:45 flight, but you will need to make your own arrangements. Princess will not sell you transfers.

You should have no issue making a 12:45 flight, but you will need to make your own arrangements. Princess will not sell you transfers.
In this case, the Princess transfers are a pretty good deal. When you board, see if you can request the transfers. Sometimes, they allow flights 10-15 minutes before the posted cut-off time. It's worth trying.

In this case, the Princess transfers are a pretty good deal. When you board, see if you can request the transfers. Sometimes, they allow flights 10-15 minutes before the posted cut-off time. It's worth trying.

I agree with this. If you get scheduled on the first Princess bus to MIA you should be there in time for your flight. You will probably be at MIA between 10 and 11 AM.

youll make your flight no problem get off the ship hop in a cab
I agree...if you get off early and take a cab you should have plenty of time.
A cab during rush hour from Port Everglades to MIA will be a LOT more than the Princess transfers for two people. I agree that the OP has plenty of time but I sure wouldn't take a cab and pay that premium.

I decided not to risk it and called American (since I used miles). They could get me on a much later flight, but I would rather wait than risk missing my flight...just like flying in the day before so I wouldn't miss my cruise!

Thanks to everyone for your advice, it helped me decide what to do :-)

I decided not to risk it and called American (since I used miles). They could get me on a much later flight, but I would rather wait than risk missing my flight...just like flying in the day before so I wouldn't miss my cruise!

Thanks to everyone for your advice, it helped me decide what to do :-)

Wish I had seen your post earlier (before you changed your flight). We just got off the Caribbean Princess in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday. We had purchased the Princess transfers (we had a 9:30pm flight out) to MIA. We arrived at the airport and were thru security before 11:00 am, so I think you would have had plenty of time to make a 12:45 flight.

Good job. That's what I do... I would much rather take a tour that ends at the airport than risk not making a flight. It makes for a longer day but isn't worth the potential anxiety. I'd rather be tired and home than fresh and stressed.

Archived