Roberts Hawaii Pearl Harbour tour

Babs02

As anyone done this tour with Roberts Hawaii (gorabbitgo.com)?

Do they prebook the tickets prior to the tour or purchase them when you get there.

Roberts seem to have mixed reviews on Trip Advisor not sure whether to book with them, being only 2 of us or go with Princess. Even though Princess are more expensive.

I know a lot of people do this on their own by bus, or rental car, but hubby wants to go and don't want the hassle of pre-booking tickets before we go.

All advice would be helpful

The tour with Roberts is just fine and they will have the tickets and times prebooked.

Have used Roberts over and over for years both land and sea.They are very reputable and knowledgeable at what they do, the tour guids have been doing the same tour for years so they know their stuff.

I would go with Robert's over a ship tour when the tours are the same or similar. Robert's has an excellent reputation and will get you back to the ship on time. I would recommend the Stars & Stripes Tour they do. When I was researching it I found that they not only take you to PH, but to Punchbowl cemetary. That place is very impressive and Robert's is the only tour company allowed to let their guests leave the bus and walk around at the large Memorial area. When we were there we walked up the paved path that starts at the back of the Memorial and a little to the left (as you face the front of the memorial) to the top of the crater for a magnificent view of Honolulu and Waikiki. Enjoy!

Thanks for the replies, think we will go with Roberts, being a smaller group than princess tours.

Also looking at booking them for Maui.

Are there vehicles airconditioned & comfortable? they look like buses, not very comfortable for long distances.

We have been to Hawaii a number of times on land trips, and have spent quite a bit of time on the big island. On land trips we always have had a rental car, but this trip my husband just didn't want to bother with car rentals for the day. We did a Roberts Hawaii excursion out of Hilo last October, and were very pleased.

The small coach (if I remember correctly the maximum number of passengers was 14), and we found the seats to be very comfortable. It was definitely air conditioned.

Thanks for the replies, think we will go with Roberts, being a smaller group than princess tours.

Also looking at booking them for Maui.

Are there vehicles airconditioned & comfortable? they look like buses, not very comfortable for long distances.

They use a lot of small buses due to the roads etc. but they are definitely comfortable and have a/c. They also added about a dozen new buses starting with last January.

Thanks for the replies. Am thinking of booking tours with them on the other islands. Just wanted to make sure they were comfortable to travel on, as the other tours were longer than the PH tour.

Thanks for help

Thanks for the replies. Am thinking of booking tours with them on the other islands. Just wanted to make sure they were comfortable to travel on, as the other tours were longer than the PH tour.

Thanks for help

Babs: After I posted my comment several days ago I realized I should have added that my husband has back problems, and he found the seats comfortable.

Babs: After I posted my comment several days ago I realized I should have added that my husband has back problems, and he found the seats comfortable.

Thats helpfuly to know as my dh suffers from neck problems and finds travelling a problem, sometimes.

I maybe being very stupid here but can someone explain the difference between the Arizona Memorial & Mighty Mo tour $69 and the Pearl Harbour and Honolulu tour $45. Sounds like you get to see more on the 2nd trip but it is cheaper ! Do you get to board the memorial on both trips, Roberts descriptions of their tours are very basic. I emailed them several days ago and still no answer

I maybe being very stupid here but can someone explain the difference between the Arizona Memorial & Mighty Mo tour $69 and the Pearl Harbour and Honolulu tour $45. Sounds like you get to see more on the 2nd trip but it is cheaper ! Do you get to board the memorial on both trips, Roberts descriptions of their tours are very basic. I emailed them several days ago and still no answer

I have not been on either tour, but it sounds like one stays at Pearl Harbor and visits the exhibits there (Arizona Memorial and Mighty Mo).

Questions to ask Roberts:

Do they just visit the Arizona Museum or do they have tickets to board the shuttle out to the Memorial (the whole purpose of going to the Arizona)?

Will you be allowed to leave your stuff on the bus since the Arizona National Park is extremely strict about any time of large bag.

Will they let you out to walk around (Punchbowl, Iolani Palace, Kamehameha Stature) or it is just a drive by?

Roberts is the largest tour company on the islands and has a good reputation. They have most of the contracts with cruise ships.

Renee (displaced local girl)

I have not been on either tour, but it sounds like one stays at Pearl Harbor and visits the exhibits there (Arizona Memorial and Mighty Mo).

Questions to ask Roberts:

Do they just visit the Arizona Museum or do they have tickets to board the shuttle out to the Memorial (the whole purpose of going to the Arizona)?

Will you be allowed to leave your stuff on the bus since the Arizona National Park is extremely strict about any time of large bag.

Will they let you out to walk around (Punchbowl, Iolani Palace, Kamehameha Stature) or it is just a drive by?

Roberts is the largest tour company on the islands and has a good reputation. They have most of the contracts with cruise ships.

Funny you asked this! We called them yesterday about the same thing! We were told you do NOT get off the bus for the city tour. You see through the windows as they drive past things. We decided on a ship tour instead because they actually make stops.

emailed Roberts on 3rd Feb to ask the difference between the tours. Still no reply. Actually find that bad service. I may not be understanding Pearl HArbour and the US Arizona but want to board the boat that takes you out to the memorial. Want to book my tour this weekend and hope they will answer my email

Any tour that says Arizona will take you by Navy launch to thr USS Arizona. When Missoiri is mentioned, that is at a separate location and includes tour of USS Missouri which is accessed via bus to Ford Island.

City tour will include sites, and Not include the USS Missouri

For those of you still looking to book a tour on Oahu, check this out. Just passing on the information, not endorsing:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/polynesian-adventure-tours-4?pt=aURRB6DAAAABRvgHQepkMedfW-XoMhid4

http://www.polyad.com/pearl_harbor_circle_island_tour.html

emailed Roberts on 3rd Feb to ask the difference between the tours. Still no reply. Actually find that bad service. I may not be understanding Pearl HArbour and the US Arizona but want to board the boat that takes you out to the memorial. Want to book my tour this weekend and hope they will answer my email

We had quite prompt reply, within 48 hours from them, considering time difference thought this was good.

I understand that the differences between the tours are. $69 is purely pearl harbour mighty mo and shuttle to arizona. The city tour does not include mighty mo & less time at pearl harbour. If you click on the tour left side this gives more detail.

Make sure you confirm with them, as you have to confirm 48hours before trip. Since we are on board, with no telephone except ship have confirmed before leaving uk.

Thanks Babs. They have now responded, said they were working from the office at the pier hence the delay !. I am going to sound very ignorant at my knowledge of history now and did not understand the difference between the different tours. I feel the pearl harbour and city tour is much more suited than the mighty mo tour as I will have a history phobic teenager with me. Although our main reason for going to HAwaii is because of her love all things to do with geography. Did read somewhere that you do not even get off the bus on the city tour just literally drive past the sights. Have considered booking direct for USS Arizona as I understand this is actually free (except $1.50) reservation and getting a taxi but don't know how to find out taxi fares.

REPLY TO NY CRUISE QUEEN'S COMMENTFunny you asked this! We called them yesterday about the same thing! We were told you do NOT get off the bus for the city tour. You see through the windows as they drive past things. We decided on a ship tour instead because they actually make stops. February 5th, 2013 05:50 PM NY Cruise queen (sorry not sure how you highlight and copy other posters comments).

Hi this is the reply I received from Roberts about the Pearl Harbour and City tour after I asked the question do we stay on the bus

Thank you for your email. We pick up at the pier and return to the pier after the tour. For the Honolulu City Tour, we stop at the Kamehameha Statue. In this area is Iolani Palace, Honolulu Hale (our City Hall), and other buildings of interest.

• 3 weeks later...

We arrived a couple of days prior to our PoA cruise on Feb 2. I had booked Discover Hawaii Tours for our Pearl Harbor/North shore excursion and can't say enough about how great it was. You are in a small bus that picks you up at your hotel. Our driver, Greg, was the best!!! Funny and informative. He got us to Pearl Harbor early and managed to get us on the first boat over to the Arizona Memorial. We used Roberts Hawaii for 3 other tours while on our cruise but firmly believe that Discover was by far the best. This was our first time to Hawaii and it was a great way to start out our vacation.

Archived