Best benefits of being a past cruiser

Mimi9095

Do all cruise lines have benefits and levels that increase the more you cruise with them? Who has the best returning customer program in your opinion?

I'm familiar with Princess and Carnival but was wondering if it was worth it to branch out to other cruise lines to get to a higher status since we are already have it with these two lines.

Yes, all cruise lines have tier levels and benefits at each level.

You could go to various cruise line sites to compare what is offered.

I don't know who has best. I choose cruises by itinerary and price first.

Do all cruise lines have benefits and levels that increase the more you cruise with them? Who has the best returning customer program in your opinion?

I'm familiar with Princess and Carnival but was wondering if it was worth it to branch out to other cruise lines to get to a higher status since we are already have it with these two lines.

Don't know if all do, many do. Some aren't as great in the returning cruiser perks department as others.

:)

I think Celebrity has the best loyalty program. After 10 cruises, or 5 12day cruises you become top-tier (Elite) which entitles you to 45 minutes (each Elite in your cabin) free internet, cocktail party for two hours each night except the first night, free bags of laundry, pressing of a garment each, dry cleaning, special continental breakfast with mimosas, bloody Marys, belinis etc, extra Officer cocktail party, invitations to wine tastings and fancy formal tea, and a lot of discounts. It's nice. Royal Caribbean use to have all the above but has drastically reduced their program. Royal and Celebrity have reciprocal programs. If you are Elite on Celebrity you are automatically Diamond on Royal. People get confused. It's lateral, not added on to each other. Check it out.

For top tier levels of the loyalty program it is hard to beat Royal Caribbean.

Diamond levels have a dedicated lounge on most ships or a cocktail session each night in a ship's lounge. Diamond Plus levels and top tier Pinnacle levels can use the Concierge Louge too. These lounges have a light breakfast and a wonderful espresso/cappuccino machine that is available all day for free.

The Concierge Lounge on Oasis and Allure is especially accommodating because it also serves light lunches and has a spectacular view.

Other benefits include balcony discounts which is one of my favorite benefits. Of course there is priority boarding where available.

For a full description of benefits given to each level of the Crown and Anchor Loyalty Program, go to Royal Caribbean.com. The benefits are too long to list here.

My dream is to reach Pinnacle which requires that one sail a total of seven hundred nights on Royal Caribbean. The Pinnacle folks deserve every benefit they get.

The OPs question is actually pretty easy. At the risk of sounding a bit boastful we are Elite with Princess, Elite with Celebrity, Diamond with RCI, 4 Star Mariners with HA and there are a couple of others I will not even mention. So we have a good personal basis for comparison. The winner......hands down it is Celebrity! No other line is even close. The worst, among the mass market lines, is Holland America. Now HA does have a problem in that it has already made the requirements for its top tier (4 Star) very tough (200 days cruising). But even with that high 200 day threshold they can sometimes have 75% of their passengers on their longer cruises who are in the top tier. So they do very little for that top tier other then giving them recognition. Some of these HA cruisers really love the silly things like a tinny Medalian...and seem to care less that they do not even get 1 free internet minute, free booze, etc.

Hank

The best immediate benefit we ever got for being past passengers was on our second cruise on NCL. We were in that check in line that goes forever for embarcation. An NCL employee came down the line asking if anybody was Latitudes. I said that we were, and he took us out of the everlasting line, right over into the empty priority line where we were checked in right away. To my mind, that's as good as it gets.

Archived