NCL and The Haven Perks

rineheart25

Read messages #20 and #22, the lists that are copy-pasted here are very, very old so the PDF that gma_pat linked is much better source of information. Also the Haven is explained in the second message (you have a suite with a number in the category -> you have Haven access). :)

Thank you very much. Have a wonderful trip.:)

In Anita's list quoted above, I didn't see an SG category. Why is that? We're in an SG on the Star and I'm now wondering if this is considered a mini-suite. Anyone?

Anything beginning with an "S" is a full suite. Your SG is not a mini.

Please help as I can't remember. Usually when we board a ship, we eat lunch. Do suite passengers eat lunch at Cagney's or the buffet, or the main dining room? Thanks.

Nancy

You can choose to eat in any of the venues you mention. Most suite pax choose to go to Cagney's or the Epic Room as that is where you will be guided to... but you can choose to go elsewhere if you desire.

Does anyone know when NCL added the spa suite with balcony to the Haven access? We sailed on the Epic early on and that was not one of the perks with the suite.

I may be wrong, but I thought the spa suites always had Haven access. Is it possible you were in the spa mini suite or spa balcony category, not in a spa suite? Spa mini suite and spa balcony cabins are not suites, nor do they get suite privileges. They do get spa (thermal suite) privileges.

Edited by njhorseman

What's this metallic key card? Pics anyone? Compared to a regular key card. Just curious :)

And it is not always metallic in color. Ours was a darker brown last time. There was a thread a couple months back that others had similar experience. One poster even had a picture of a number of cards over the years.

• 5 months later...

The metallic one is just silver.

Also on Jewel class ships they seem to have two levels of suite keycards, silver ones for those with haven access ("TOP 17" onboard) and purple ones for those without haven access (next "TOP 30" onboard) - I saw their note of the card colors and their access restrictions at the Guest Services as we were there to replace our cards (in a suite without Haven). All other rooms (non-suites) have random colored keycards.

I also want to see a "metallic key card". Who can show one. Too excited for my penthouse.

Mine from the Breakaway two weeks ago. :) my soda package sticker is on it, and the orange sticker covers my name. I wish I was going back . I need another cruise. :) being a Haven guest was unbelievable. I loved it. Sorry the pictures large. I can't figure out how to make them smaller.

2E3ED489-8BD6-45DE-8374-5BB6033EC8D7-189-00000007923FF557_zps1c1711ca.jpg

Edited by 1witchydiva

Mine from the Breakaway two weeks ago. :) my soda package sticker is on it, and the orange sticker covers my name. I wish I was going back . I need another cruise. :) being a Haven guest was unbelievable. I loved it. Sorry the pictures large. I can't figure out how to make them smaller.

2E3ED489-8BD6-45DE-8374-5BB6033EC8D7-189-00000007923FF557_zps1c1711ca.jpg

Thanks for doing that. Super cool.

Hi we were in the DOS on Gem last May. Loved the Haven so peaceful when we were there. Were told though the week before it was a zoo. Hit or miss for quiet, but the service is wonderful even when things are crazy. We had only wine,water, and unlimited soda. The pre-arranged item were not done so take a copy of your confirmation. Our butler "K" had it all set by the time were returned from diner that evening. If you are in early bring ear plugs this cabin is very noisy. You can people watch from your cabin or balcony until midnight most nights. Loved the hot tub late at night so romantic.

Getting off the ship was a breeze Ryan told us to call him when we were ready and he had us meet him. We were off the ship in 5 mins. This may have been because were left around 10 as we had a late train.

We booked a suite on NCL for this Oct. sadly no Haven on the Dawn. Would book Haven again in a heart beat. You will love this because nobody does the suite life like NCL.

Have a great trip, Welcome to cruising, Laura

• 1 month later...
The metallic one is just silver.

Also on Jewel class ships they seem to have two levels of suite keycards, silver ones for those with haven access ("TOP 17" onboard) and purple ones for those without haven access (next "TOP 30" onboard) - I saw their note of the card colors and their access restrictions at the Guest Services as we were there to replace our cards (in a suite without Haven). All other rooms (non-suites) have random colored keycards.

Yes. We have been checking the prices on a Haven versus non-Haven 2bd room suite with large balcony on the NCL Jade. The Haven suite costs substantially more.

I am wondering what privileges we do not get, if we go with the non-Haven 2bdroom family suite.

Yes. We have been checking the prices on a Haven versus non-Haven 2bd room suite with large balcony on the NCL Jade. The Haven suite costs substantially more.

I am wondering what privileges we do not get, if we go with the non-Haven 2bdroom family suite.

You get everything the Haven suite gets except Haven access.

You get everything the Haven suite gets except Haven access.

And, on some ships (all dependent on the concierge), a Haven Suite will have reserved seating in the theater, where a non-Haven suite may not.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

• 4 months later...
I felt the courtyard valet/butler was the best perk we experienced on the cruise. We used the valet to serve us breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks everyday of our cruise in the courtyard including a relaxed last breakfast on the day of our disembarkation.

Help me to understand exactly how this works. Let's say you want to have breakfast in the courtyard. Do you need to arrange this in advance with the courtyard butler? For example, would you set a time in advance? Or do you just roll out of bed whenever you want to, show up at the desk of the concierge and announce that you'd like to have breakfast in the courtyard?

If it's arranged in advance, do you also need to specify the food items you want to order? Or do they just take your order at the table at the time of the meal?

The Haven (NCL, for that matter) is new to me... so I'm trying to picture how this works. I'm not used to being waited on in this manner!