question about brillance of seas

I am trying to find out when the next Brillance upgrade is. Booked mid October for Canada New England but now reading about ship not being in good shape

We did a b2b last October on Brilliance and found the ship to be in great shape. Yes, she may need some paint here and there and maybe some new carpeting but overall, she looks fine.

With her upcoming enhancements scheduled for April, she will be in great shape come October. This is what she is having added........

Outdoor Movie Screen

Centrum Aerial Entertainment

R Bar

Pub

Park Cafe (formerly the Solarium Cafe)

Chef's Table

Giovanni's Table (formerly Portofino)

Izumi Asian Cuisine (possibly where the SeaView is currently located)

Rita's Cantina

Vintages

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat Screen TVs

New Staterooms

Updated Staterooms

New Family Suite (where current CL is located on Deck 10)

Diamond Club

Nursery

Although not listed as an enhancement, the post-drydock deck plans also show a new CL just across from the new DL. :D

I believe that the concierge was moving to the Hollywood Odyssy in the last week of December. I understand that it will be reconfigured during the April renovation.

Maybe someone that has recently cruised on the Brilliance can confirm this.:)

Rick

We were on Brilliance for the 1/12 cruise and the only use of the CL was for the coffee machine. There weren't many chairs in there. Breakfast and happy hour were both in Hollywood Odyssey. The concierge still needs to use the desk in the CL. But it did look strangely abandoned overall.

Hollywood Odyssey still becomes a cigar bar at 9pm and is open to others most of the day.

Just done a back to back on Brilliance. The ship is fine . It is an older ship and therefore has some older features including plastic showere curtains! The crew were talking about the ship going into dry dock in April. Most of the talk seemed to be about changes to public areas.

She will be re-fitted/dry-docked in Lisbon, as soon as she arrives from her "Transatlantic" in April according to the schedule (look at the gap in her itinerary untill the first May "Baltic Cruise").

I sailed her in March 2012 and thought she looked VERY tired for her age ! Mostly because of the very run down and shabby balcony (aft JS deck 10) , but also found the overall appearance in public spaces rather tired (great word to describe it..)!

She will be re-fitted/dry-docked in Lisbon, as soon as she arrives from her "Transatlantic" in April according to the schedule (look at the gap in her itinerary untill the first May "Baltic Cruise").

I sailed her in March 2012 and thought she looked VERY tired for her age ! Mostly because of the very run down and shabby balcony (aft JS deck 10) , but also found the overall appearance in public spaces rather tired (great word to describe it..)!

I guess it depends on where you fall in the maintenance schedule of a ship as to what you think. We were in an aft balcony on deck 8 just under 2 weeks ago and it was the freshest, newest looking balcony I ever saw. I noticed it the second we walked out. It was so white and shiny I thought it was wet paint. It turned out to be the highest gloss I ever saw on dry paint. It was in excellent repair. Other than normal wear on the carpeting the ship was in beautiful condition.

Gina

We were on Brilliance for the 1/12 cruise and the only use of the CL was for the coffee machine. There weren't many chairs in there. Breakfast and happy hour were both in Hollywood Odyssey. The concierge still needs to use the desk in the CL. But it did look strangely abandoned overall.

Hollywood Odyssey still becomes a cigar bar at 9pm and is open to others most of the day.

Does the current CL stink of cigar smoke? As someone about to take a RC cruise after 30 on Celebrity I am just astounded at the amount of places you can smoke. Residual cigar smell and breakfast do not go together.

I guess it depends on where you fall in the maintenance schedule of a ship as to what you think. We were in an aft balcony on deck 8 just under 2 weeks ago and it was the freshest, newest looking balcony I ever saw. I noticed it the second we walked out. It was so white and shiny I thought it was wet paint. It turned out to be the highest gloss I ever saw on dry paint. It was in excellent repair. Other than normal wear on the carpeting the ship was in beautiful condition.

Gina

Gina, when we were aboard in December, there was some chipping and painting going on in certain areas of deck 10. There were some signs of rust, and some of the old outdoor furniture was being replaced with new.

Also, on a couple of turn around days, there were several semi trucks with rolls of carpeting that were going aboard.

I don't think that I would want to be on the upcoming TA, getting ready for dry dock!:eek:

Rick

Does the current CL stink of cigar smoke? As someone about to take a RC cruise after 30 on Celebrity I am just astounded at the amount of places you can smoke. Residual cigar smell and breakfast do not go together.

No, it didn't smell at all. They have quite an effective air purifier in Hollywood Odyssey that is used during cigar bar time. I'm one who can tell if someone is smoking on the balcony next door from INside my room. :) So I would have immediately noticed if the CL smelled bad.

The only place I ever notice a smoky smell even when no one is there is on the side of the pool deck next to the entry doors - I notice it on every ship where the area is used that way. I always wish they wouldn't allow smoking directly beside the door. On some ships the area walking directly into the windjammer smells this way which isn't a very pleasant odor to smell immediately before eating.

Not to get off on that...I think you'll be happy with the concierge lounge.

Gina

^ Yes, desperately hoping they replace the curtains with doors like her sister Jewel, and that they don't take away the fabulous outdoor aft Windjammer seating! :D

No plans to replace doors for curtains in the showers on Brillinace. They didn't do it on Radiance when she went in for enhancements back in May of 2011.

The aft dining area will not be altered.

Gina, when we were aboard in December, there was some chipping and painting going on in certain areas of deck 10. There were some signs of rust, and some of the old outdoor furniture was being replaced with new.

Also, on a couple of turn around days, there were several semi trucks with rolls of carpeting that were going aboard.

I don't think that I would want to be on the upcoming TA, getting ready for dry dock!:eek:

Rick

There is a new hotel director that is making sure everything is up to par...or better. Brilliance was at her best and my fears, based on other's recent experiences, were unfounded.

The new concierge was top notch. The service was excellent. The crew was friendly. In my case it was a special treat to see a full dozen familiar faces in the dining room who we've seen for years on Radiance. More are on the way. It's funny how they tend to move crew in large groups.

We had a great stateroom attendant who was up bright and early and in and out of our room it seemed the instant we left.

Come to think of it, we didn't even have any CL snobs on board. :eek: Opppsss, wrong thread. ;)

The only negative experience we had concerning our Brilliance cruise was when we checked in our luggage at the port. The guy made one BIG mistake. That guy NEVER should have asked for a tip. "If you don't mind giving a little something for me and my co-workers to share." Normally we'll give 5 or 10 dollars depending on how much stuff we have but in this case my husband rolled up a dollar bill and gave it to him. I did make a comment about this on the comment card. When someone asks us for a tip, it immediately goes down. You'd think in Puerto Rico they would know that about Americans.

Gina

^ Yes, desperately hoping they replace the curtains with doors like her sister Jewel, and that they don't take away the fabulous outdoor aft Windjammer seating! :D

There will be a Rita's Cantina on the port side behind the Windjammer but starboard and full aft will remain as regular windjammer seating.

I can't stand those curtains either but it seems we are stuck with them. Maybe keeping them drives up the prices of the suites. :rolleyes:

Gina

No plans to replace doors for curtains in the showers on Brillinace...The aft dining area will not be altered.

Thanks.

...starboard and full aft will remain as regular windjammer seating. I can't stand those curtains either but it seems we are stuck with them...

Yes, literally! Thanks.

Archived