BLU Dinner Menu

Soccer Mom 96

Hi!

Does the dinner menu in BLU change nightly like in the MDR or is it the same menu every night? We are on a 12 night cruise and it could get boring if it is the same. Also...can we choose to go to the MDR one or two nights in Select Dining if we want?

Thanks,

Soccer Mom

Like the MDR, the Blu menu has always available items and rotating dishes. On our 14 day Eclipse Caribbean trip, the saily menu did not repeat and there was always a couple of items that we really wanted to try. Meals were excellent and service was even better. Breakfast is the same every day. As I understand, you may use anytime dining in the MDR.

I did a 12-nt cruise last summer on the Solstice, in AQ, so we dined in Blu. There was a different menu every night and some "everyday" options as well (a chicken, fish and steak - can't remember the specifics).

I was VERY hesitant about Blu and liking it enough to eat there every night for 12 nights, but all 6 of us loved Blu! I almost cannot imagine eating in the MDR again - in fact, one day we did eat there for lunch and it made me wish Blu was open for lunch lol. The service was amazing and I never had a bad meal. I especially loved the breakfast. So much nicer than in the main dining room, but still quick and you get to be waited on. Overall the service in Blu was just amazing - so much so that my mom and I booked AQ again for a cruise in March just because of Blu.

Enjoy!

Not on the menu (maybe it's on the Everyday menu of the MDR?) is one of the best French Onion soups I've ever had. When I wasn't interested in any appetizers or salads one night, I was offered this and it was good enough to order again on a 7 night cruise.

There are lot of options though as you see from the link above.

Hi!

Does the dinner menu in BLU change nightly like in the MDR or is it the same menu every night? We are on a 12 night cruise and it could get boring if it is the same. Also...can we choose to go to the MDR one or two nights in Select Dining if we want?

Thanks,

Soccer Mom

The menu does have some staples everyday. Chicken breast, salmon and steak. you can also get baked potatoes and shrimp cocktail This is in addition to the other options that vary daily. Each day you also get some veggies and humus placed on your table and can choose from an assortment of rolls.

My niece and I were in one of these...1676. It was great!!!

We also had 1676 in May.

Loved the bigger balcony .

It took me a while to figure out what the tiny black spots of the clothes were though. Take pool towels and cover your deck chairs . It was soot. Also wipe the railings before leaning on them . It would not stop us from enjoying this cabin again ...just have to be careful.

The food in Blu was great, even comparing the oatmeal to the 'slop' that they have in the buffet.

Can't remember the name of the lobster appetizer but it is LOADED with real lobster ( cold water stuff from home):D

Loved the barbequed quail!!

Pat

Archived