Laundry Services & Normal Feb Atire!

macdon221

Good Day All,

Can anyone tell me how much the laundry Services would be aboard the Freedom of the Seas? We are traveling for a week or so prior to taking our cruise and may have to use the service. Pressing Service as well as Laundry. What is the turn around time?

Also...taking a Western Caribbean cruise next week. What are the Temperature like aboard the ship while cruising. Mostly all Short and Sundress attire for the ladies, or do we need to bring an abundant amount of pants!!

Thanks to all

Cheers

Macdon221

Good Day All,

Can anyone tell me how much the laundry Services would be aboard the Freedom of the Seas? We are traveling for a week or so prior to taking our cruise and may have to use the service. Pressing Service as well as Laundry. What is the turn around time?

Also...taking a Western Caribbean cruise next week. What are the Temperature like aboard the ship while cruising. Mostly all Short and Sundress attire for the ladies, or do we need to bring an abundant amount of pants!!

Thanks to all

Cheers

Macdon221

Here's the laundry price schedule:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

I usually wear shorts on the ship, but in the evenings some of the venues are cooler so you might want some options.

Hi,

Here is a cruise weather site. Hope it helps.

There is also a bag special for laundry. $25 for as much as you can stuff in a bag. Items WILL come back wrinkled so this is for PJs, underwear and anything you don't mind being returned crumpled. Your room steward will give you the bag.

Have a wonderful time :D

I thought that I read that they have coin operated washing machines on board as well? Can anyone comment on that? I think I might be on the Freedom of the Seas when we finally book our cruise.

Thanx!

I thought that I read that they have coin operated washing machines on board as well? Can anyone comment on that? I think I might be on the Freedom of the Seas when we finally book our cruise.

Thanx!

No self serve laundry on any RCI ship. We pack half as many washable items (undies, socks, pjs), and send them out in the $25 laundry special, which is offered mid-cruise.

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use the bag of “wash and fold” on every cruse and have been lucky that most of the items are not really too wrinkled . We send t shirts, shorts, underwater swim trunks etc. I’ve never sent any kind of delicate fabric or an item that might normally require significant ironing.

The ship’s laundry does a great job. We’ve had many items cleaned and it seems the ship does a better job than our local dry cleaner. The cleaning comes back the next day, we find the wash and fold sometimes takes an extra day to come back.

OP - If you have a land vacation fist, your hotel might have some self-serve laundry facilities.

As for the weather and dress – We tend to wear shorts/capris all year. We’ll add a few extra 3 /4 or long sleeve tops for a winter cruise and perhaps a light sweater/wrap or windbreaker.

As noted – watch the weather -In December there was a cold snap in Florida and sail away was FREEZING. We wore jeans and sweatshirts! Once the weather changed – it was back to short and swimsuits.

M

• 4 weeks later...
Here's the laundry price schedule:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

I usually wear shorts on the ship, but in the evenings some of the venues are cooler so you might want some options.

Thanks for this Bob - I found it very useful as well. I assume this is standard across the Fleet (find out soon enough I guess).

On the Oasis- The bag special was only on one day- $25 for whatever you could fit in a bag that you had to ask your room attendant for. For us it was on Tuesday- but then we didn't get it back until Thursday night- and that's after we called our Room attendant. I wouldn't have done it if I knew it was going to take that long- and I wouldn't have put in most of my shorts! Especially since we only had one more day on board. Make sure you ask how long it is going to take.

Archived