Infinity Aqua Class Deck 9

Soccer Mom 96

We also book the aft A2 cabins which aren't under the pool. We were on one cruise where I was assigned a guaranteed aqua in A1 and tried to move to an A2...they wouldn't let me. The A1 was noisy with chairs being scraped in the morning.

Edited by ghstudio

• 1 year later...
I am looking for the largest balcony in a AQ 1 cat. on the Infinity. Would rather be on the Starboard side than aft facing. I know they don`t have much of an overhang. I am noise sensitive so aft facing near the bar would not work for me.

I believe that on the M-Class Ships the only bigger A1s are the 5 that are found Aft on Deck 11 (1130 & 1133 - 1138 & 1141 - 1140) as listed smallest to largest... And ths is partly due to their irregular shapes (vs rectangles). All the rest, along the sides of the ship, are the same size as one another.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

• 1 month later...
We were on one of the deck 11 Aqua cabins on the Infinity (1105) which is right by the stair well. We were on a Panama Canal cruise and the lack of overhang made it very hot in the afternoon but nice at night since you can see the stars. Being farther forward we had no smoke from the Sunset Bar although we did get some ash from the stacks. (no big deal just made sure to dust off the chairs before we sat down.) It was lovely to be able to dash down to the Oceanview Cafe and easily bring up lunch to the room and an unexpected perk was that is was always easy to snag an elevator because everybody was taking it to the buffet on deck 10. Having a brand new room was also very nice.

We are booked in 1105 for the April 2016 Panama cruise. Nice to see info from someone who has stayed in that cabin. We've sailed on the Solstice & Reflection and love them. This will be our first M class ship.

Beachgirl111,

If you have the option of moving back a couple of cabins you might miss some of the noise that comes with the door. The issue is two fold. The door itself is heavy and the wind tends to facilitate it slamming. Only the strongest of brutes can control the force of the door when the ship is at sea. While in port it's not a real problem.

Otherwise, deck 11 is a peaceful and convenient location. You can easily access the Sunset Bar when you go through the canal. It's a great place to watch the mules and locks and dams.

Enjoy your cruise.

I have been on both deck 11 A1s and deck 9 A2s on Constellation. The deck 9 cabin (9099) was under the pool deck and noise was a problem. This was for a TA. Basically, any time there is loud music on deck you hear it in your cabin. This was especially bad on the one night where there was some type of deck party until midnight. Chair scraping and heavy footed joggers were heard as well. The deck 11 cabin (1111) was very nice and much preferred. We didn't stay on the balcony much, though, because our neighbors smoked on their balcony. We should have reported them but didn't.

FYI...smoking is no longer allowed on the infinity (and perhaps this is true on other M-class ships) at the deck 10 bar.....so that's no longer a problem with the deck 11 cabins.

Does anyone know if this is true on the Summit? Smoking at the Sunset Bar was the one thing that annoyed us on our cruise in the A1 aft.. It was awful it seemed that all the smokers on the ship congregated there....cabin 1140.