Infinity Aqua Class Deck 9

Soccer Mom 96

Personally, I'd stay aft of the mid ship elevators. I'd rather be under the buffet than the pool area. I had 9125 on the Millennium and it had no support beams (but still an overhang), and no noticeable noise from above (but I'm not too sensitive to noise). Great location by the elevator and a quick flight up to get a soda or beer

Edited by Gig103

Jen,

I am in one of the A1s that are off the back facing the wake...1140...but my friends wanted a more mid-ship location so they took Deck 9. Given our itinerary and time of year (fall), they probably won't be too affected by anything at the pool. I don't see our cruise as a particularly "sun worshiping" cruise. Personally, I would rather be in one of the larger balcony cabins off the back but I am not bothered by motion sickness.

Hope that helps.

Soccer Mom

The A1's on Deck 11 are new (newly constructed) cabins, with new bathrooms. The ones on Deck 9 are refurbished. The Deck 9 are recessed (under the overhang), and will get little if any direct sunlight on the balcony. The deck 11 balconies are fully exposed, except for the 5 aft cabins, which have larger, partially covered balconies. We managed to score one of these (after a cancellation) for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise on Infinity, and are excitedly looking forward to it.

Thank all for your input the A1's on deck 11 have 20 sq ft larger balconies, and I like the idea of the newer staterooms with aqua bathroom. I'm currently booked on deck 11 for the fall T/A and am considering adding the cruise before, the immersive wine cruise as a B2B. I prefer the Solstice class but this is the earliest Fall T/A(Oct 24th) and I'm hoping a month earlier will be a little kinder temp. wise. I do not want to ever be as cold as I was in Venice the day before Thanksgiving EVER again.... I don't usually have a problem with seasickness...just don't want to freeze again.

The wine cruise on Oct 12 has an overnight in La Harve....so I could spend the night in Paris my favorite place on earth without having to do the 2.5 hour train ride twice in one day

thanks again for the help

Any opinion on the A1's on deck 11? My travel agent thinks deck 9 would be better, but I like the higher floor. thoughts welcome...

They are newer, but the balconies have less overhang protection from the sun. People can smoke on the port side of Deck 10 aft if I recall, so even with the ship steaming ahead I'd probably skip the port side.

There have been other posts about the new aft balconies on deck 11. They are above the Sunset bar. Some have said that they allow smoking, plus cigar smoking. One also commented about the possibility of it being loud during the evening and late night.

There are really no ideal cabins on 9 or 11, just as none of the other decks have the best or ideal cabin, they all have some disadvantage and it is the same as where you live. It can be ideal today but tomorrow you get new neighbors and everything changes. It all depends on the other passengers and neighbors. We had one balcony neighbor that sat on the balcony and carried on a conversation with his wife that was inside. He talked so loud that I would bet that the passengerson the ship following on the same course following us heard him.

We were on one of the deck 11 Aqua cabins on the Infinity (1105) which is right by the stair well. We were on a Panama Canal cruise and the lack of overhang made it very hot in the afternoon but nice at night since you can see the stars. Being farther forward we had no smoke from the Sunset Bar although we did get some ash from the stacks. (no big deal just made sure to dust off the chairs before we sat down.) It was lovely to be able to dash down to the Oceanview Cafe and easily bring up lunch to the room and an unexpected perk was that is was always easy to snag an elevator because everybody was taking it to the buffet on deck 10. Having a brand new room was also very nice.

Thank all for your input the A1's on deck 11 have 20 sq ft larger balconies, and I like the idea of the newer staterooms with aqua bathroom. I'm currently booked on deck 11 for the fall T/A and am considering adding the cruise before, the immersive wine cruise as a B2B. I prefer the Solstice class but this is the earliest Fall T/A(Oct 24th) and I'm hoping a month earlier will be a little kinder temp. wise. I do not want to ever be as cold as I was in Venice the day before Thanksgiving EVER again.... I don't usually have a problem with seasickness...just don't want to freeze again.

The wine cruise on Oct 12 has an overnight in La Harve....so I could spend the night in Paris my favorite place on earth without having to do the 2.5 hour train ride twice in one day

thanks again for the help

You seem to like the transatlantics. I'm thinking of doing one soon solo. Have you done them both ways? Do you get bored? I don't think I would but I am just wondering.....

we're booked in 1140 on the Infinity for our TA cruise May 1, 2013. Everything I have read says that this is the best of the aft A1 cabins. We're really looking forward to it.

We wil be in this cabin immediately before you (Panama Canal, 4/16-5/1). Picked up the cabin last week, when there was a cancellation. Our first time in an aft cabin, and we are excitedly looking forward to it.

Have you done AQ on the refurbished ships before ? We have done several TA's in AQ on S-class ships, and hope BLU is as good on the Infinity.

Hi Cheryl,

I think T/A's are my favorite cruises, lots of time to relax. I've never gotten bored. If you don't mind having a lot of sea days in a row usually 6, it's a great voyage. I have done them both East/West bound, and have done them alone and with my mom. Last spring I did the Solstice solo, by the end of the trip I had a group of friends that I still chat with on facebook. I have no problem going solo, I really enjoy the privacy.

So I am now officially booked on Infinity B2B: Oct 12 & Oct TA in an A1 on the 11th deck(the non smoking side) thank you for that tip whoever posted it. As of now there are no AFT's available, but I agree that would be my first choice and I'll be keeping an eye out for any opening up.

You seem to like the transatlantics. I'm thinking of doing one soon solo. Have you done them both ways? Do you get bored? I don't think I would but I am just wondering.....

The A1's on Deck 11 are new (newly constructed) cabins, with new bathrooms. The ones on Deck 9 are refurbished. The Deck 9 are recessed (under the overhang), and will get little if any direct sunlight on the balcony. The deck 11 balconies are fully exposed, except for the 5 aft cabins, which have larger, partially covered balconies. We managed to score one of these (after a cancellation) for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise on Infinity, and are excitedly looking forward to it.

Can you elaborate on the deck 9 refurbished cabin and bath? Does it have the larger shower with door rather than curtain? In the room, were the carpets, mattresses, etc. changed?

Thanks for any info.

For POCONOLADY and SKYSTHELIMIT:

I've been going back and looking at past posts that deal with the SUMMIT. As best I can piece together the information:

Some of the Deck 9 AQ bathrooms have been refurbished, others have not.

The refurbished bathrooms have showers with plastic (not glass) doors, and the new showerheads.

I doubt that the overbed storage cabinet is there. That would require a major restructuring of the room, and there didn;t seem to be any mention of it.

Don't know how this applies to the other M-class ships. Perhaps we need a new thread ?

Ira

Hi Cheryl,

I think T/A's are my favorite cruises, lots of time to relax. I've never gotten bored. If you don't mind having a lot of sea days in a row usually 6, it's a great voyage. I have done them both East/West bound, and have done them alone and with my mom. Last spring I did the Solstice solo, by the end of the trip I had a group of friends that I still chat with on facebook. I have no problem going solo, I really enjoy the privacy.

So I am now officially booked on Infinity B2B: Oct 12 & Oct TA in an A1 on the 11th deck(the non smoking side) thank you for that tip whoever posted it. As of now there are no AFT's available, but I agree that would be my first choice and I'll be keeping an eye out for any opening up.

Thank you for responding to me. I am going to try to book a transatlantic for fall 2014. I love sea days.......now I will have no excuse to say the cruise flew by and I never got to check out the GYM!!!!!!!

For POCONOLADY and SKYSTHELIMIT:

I've been going back and looking at past posts that deal with the SUMMIT. As best I can piece together the information:

Some of the Deck 9 AQ bathrooms have been refurbished, others have not.

The refurbished bathrooms have showers with plastic (not glass) doors, and the new showerheads.

I doubt that the overbed storage cabinet is there. That would require a major restructuring of the room, and there didn;t seem to be any mention of it.

Don't know how this applies to the other M-class ships. Perhaps we need a new thread ?

Ira

Thank you for the info. I do appreciate the S-class thread with specific cabin details.

• 3 months later...