How many of you actually......

KPfromCT

I have used the tubs in the past but they are usually filled with kids and/ or drunks so I suspect that there is stuff in the water that would not be pleasant. They are known as peetrey dishes and they are usually too warm for this Florida boy. Saying that, I have not had any bad experiences or aftermath from them.

DK

When we've used them, it's been when they first open them (at 8am I believe). Usually you have the tubs all to yourself. Very quiet and peaceful.

As far as cleanliness, I don't believe it would be any worse than going to a hot tub in a hotel.

That is the first place people look for DH and I onboard. lol (I've got some health issues and hot tubs help so much so we're planning to put one inside the house.)

As others stated, the Serenity area is your best bet for a kid free zone. Although on Conquest and Valor the ones by the aft adults pool were also relatively quiet as well.

Early mornings and evenings after dinner service starts is when I find them empty most often.

They use salt water in them that they add chemicals to every night. I've never found them dirty although I have found what feels like beach sand under my feet.

My one word of caution is NOT to wear any good jewelry. Something in the tub by the aft pool oxidized my wedding rings in less than an hour on the Valor. They looked like an old copper penny and the jeweler had to buff them down for me to fix them. Other than that, normal safety/health/hygiene precautions and you'll be fine.

use the hot tubs on the ship? Are they chlorinated good? The last cruise we were on, they seem to have been taken over by kids. I guess I'm just wondering how sanitary they are. What do you think?:o

This March will be my 31 cruise with CCL of all those cruises I've used the hots tubs maybe twice. I would not take a bath with 5 or 6 people so why would I use a hot tub especially when kids use them, if a sick child has an accident and the water is not chlorinated according to CDC guide lines you could get sick.

Gary

:DWe enjoy an after dinner soak at least once per cruise. Find an empty non-lido (serenity deck) hot tub and sit with a drink in peace watching the stars pass, nothing like it and for me and DH its a must do every cruise. Usually heavily chlorinated, we always shower after.

I've never used any of the hot tubs and never will. It weirds me out how many people go in them and stay in them for hours at a time. When I cruise on a Fantasy Class ship, I like to sit up on the deck above the Lido and read. It is so amazing to me how many adults squeeze into those hot tubs and just hang out and drink for hours. And nobody seems to leave them. ????????

The hot tubs on the Dream were closed every night for "hyper chlorination", so maybe the morning would be the best time to use them for those nervous about cleanliness.

Great to know!!!! Sounds like first thing in the morning. I couldn't think of a better way to watch the sunrise.;)

I think this is a personal preference for most people, some are weirded out at the thought of germs or what if's.

We never miss a chance to get in a hot tub! Call us crazy, born and lived in the great, hot state of Florida for 46 years and never caught anything from getting in a hot tub.

We luv coming back from a long day in port and jumping in the ones on Serenity, feels great on the legs, the last trip is was like bath water. LOl, we like to meet people of all ages, backgrounds, etc, so this is a great way to get to know some cruisers, as we sat and talked and drank, people kept coming and going in the tub to carry on conversation with us, its great, so much so, my friends came to find us after 2 hrs. :p

Even then when we went to leave, people in the hot tub were like, "What, your leaving?" :)

Never found them unclean nor anything to worry about. Have fun, you only live once.

P.S. My hubby did jump in one early in the morning and wound up winning a bottle of champagne for being the first one of the day to enjoy!

Happy Sailing,

Thanks guys!!!! Tapi, that is a great idea. Get in early, and shower. Just don't want to get some "infection" from them.:eek: Hahaha.......

The hot tubs are chlorinated.

Stay away from pools, got a nasty ear infection one cruise.

Archived