What is your favorite for fee restaurant on the Dawn and why?

LizzieTrowbridge

We have been on 2 NCL cruises (another 7 with RCCL and Carnival)...we have only eaten MDR once during those 2 cruises and never at the buffet. We eat at the pay restaurants the whole week (NCL is dirt cheap for a balcony room, so why not?)

We love them all differently.

Le Bistro is very good, Cagney's is also awesome, Moderno is great and a cool experience if you have never done a Brazilian steakhouse. We love the chinese restaurant...we usually eat there twice, also La cuciana (Italian) is very good.

We leave in two weeks and we are booked all but one night for the week.

We love the pay restaurants because they are quieter and the food is fresh and cooked to order.

We have been on 2 NCL cruises (another 7 with RCCL and Carnival)...we have only eaten MDR once during those 2 cruises and never at the buffet. We eat at the pay restaurants the whole week (NCL is dirt cheap for a balcony room, so why not?)

We love them all differently.

Le Bistro is very good, Cagney's is also awesome, Moderno is great and a cool experience if you have never done a Brazilian steakhouse. We love the chinese restaurant...we usually eat there twice, also La cuciana (Italian) is very good.

We leave in two weeks and we are booked all but one night for the week.

We love the pay restaurants because they are quieter and the food is fresh and cooked to order.

You are able to book restaurants on the dawn prior to cruise? I have never seen this. Is it on the website that you book? My favorite is le bistro and then cagneys.

You are able to book restaurants on the dawn prior to cruise? I have never seen this. Is it on the website that you book? My favorite is le bistro and then cagneys.

Yes, I think it opened to book dining about 40 days in advance. Right on the NCL site. I logged in and booked dining same way you would book an excursion. The special was Le Bistro, La Cuciana, and Cagneys for $52 per person ($8 discount) and if you book one of the 3 for the first night you got a free bottle of wine.

My two years previous to this on the Pearl I was not able to book dining. I think it is pretty new.

Our experience on the Dawn 01/27- 02/03...

Top three

Cagney's: other than the bland lobster bisque, we found this to be the best food (especially the well seasoned steaks that were perfectly cooked medium rare and medium)

Le Bistro: we found this to be the best service (attentive and friendly, plus the waiter brought the chef to our table to chat for a few minutes) with good food; although, we did find the atmosphere to be nicer on the Jewel and Gem

Moderno: because of the numerous choices, we could enjoy what tasted good (such as the nicely cooked filet and the moist and flavorful bacon-wrapped chicken, as well as several items from the salad bar) and move past anything that did not; plus, there were few other diners when we were there and we had a table overlooking the guitar/singer duo in the atrium, so it was both relaxing and energetic

Next

La Cucina: we had this delivered to our cabin, so cannot comment on the restaurant itself, but we enjoyed the options from the new menu and most of what we ordered was flavorful

Worst

Bamboo: this was a disappointment, because its equivalent on the Jewel and Gem was our favorite; we found the food to be bland and the service poor (very slow at first and then rapid fire)

If you are looking for something intimate and romantic I would suggest Le Bistro.

However I really enjoyed Moderno and Cagney's made a comeback from the last time I ate there. Both were great and delish.

My new two favorites were Le Bistor and Moderno. Moderno edged out Cagney's by a small margin

Enjoy!!

Archived