Drinks for free?

Pennipops

I'm sure that regular coffee/tea are free with traditional dining. In the Horizon cafe I know that coffee/tea is free, and lemonade. Is this fizzy lemonade or still squash type lemonade? Are you allowed to take it out of the cafe with you? I am considering whether or not to purchase the soda card you see. I like coke, but would prefer tea on most occasions, and if it is free then might as well have it rather than buy a soda card.

The lemonade isn't fizzy nor squashed (I'm guessing you're talking about squeezed from lemons, right?). You can get it from the Horizon and from a server by the pools (look for a crew member with pitchers and glasses) and you can take it with you.

I pack a mug that I can use for carrying lemonade or soda (I bring on Mountain Dew, which isn't available on the ship).

We fly in the night before and pick up a small 6 or 12 pack of diet coke to bring on board with us. The fridge isn't all that cold but it's ok. Also less expensive to order and pay for the odd soda if you do not plan to use the card enough to make up for the cost.

Do they offer iced tea for free?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. It's from a concentrate, so it can be very (or in the case of the Coral, very very!) strong. I generally dilute it with water, about 60/40 or even half-and-half. They have various kinds of sweeteners, too, and lemon (slices, not wedges, but I keep complaining in hopes of getting that changed!).

They also have all kinds of tea bags, so you can always make your own iced tea, should you be so motivated.

I'm sure that regular coffee/tea are free with traditional dining. In the Horizon cafe I know that coffee/tea is free, and lemonade. Is this fizzy lemonade or still squash type lemonade? Are you allowed to take it out of the cafe with you?

Just to be clear, though a previous poster stated it: the Horizon Court is not a "café," but the large buffet area. You can take as much food and drink out of there as you can carry.

The "café" onboard is (usually) the International Café, which serves (really nice) specialty teas. They're not free, but are covered by the coffee card.

The lemonade isn't fizzy nor squashed (I'm guessing you're talking about squeezed from lemons' date=' right?).[/quote']

The OP is from England. What is called 'squash' over here is concentrated fruit drink diluted with water and which may/may not contain real fruit. I'm not sure what you call it in the US. Cordial?

We fly in the night before and pick up a small 6 or 12 pack of diet coke to bring on board with us. The fridge isn't all that cold but it's ok. Also less expensive to order and pay for the odd soda if you do not plan to use the card enough to make up for the cost.

The reason it is not cold is because it is inside that cabinet. Refrigerators work by taking the heat that is inside them and moving it to the outside. Problem is though that the heat then gets trapped in the cabinet. That heat then goes right back inside.

Leave the door open and it will be much colder inside.

The OP is from England. What is called 'squash' over here is concentrated fruit drink diluted with water and which may/may not contain real fruit. I'm not sure what you call it in the US. Cordial?

We call it lemonade. :D

What do you call it if it is a different fruit, i.e. orange and not lemons?

Limes = Limeade

Oranges = Orange juice

Anything else, such as pineapple-orange-banana combo would be probably just be called pineapple-orange-banana juice... except in the case of passionfruit-orange-guava which is just called POG. :D

Right, thanks. Over here lemonade is a colourless, fizzy drink. The joys of a common language!

Over here that might be called "lemon-lime soda" but would more likely to be referred to by a brand name, like Sprite, just like people tend to refer to cola as Coke.

The fridge isn't all that cold but it's ok.

We have two ways to deal with this....leave the refridge cabinet door open and/or immerse a can or two of soda in the ice bucket which we tell the steward to keep full each day.

Just to be clear, though a previous poster stated it: the Horizon Court is not a "café," but the large buffet area. You can take as much food and drink out of there as you can carry.

The "café" onboard is (usually) the International Café, which serves (really nice) specialty teas. They're not free, but are covered by the coffee card.

And the IC isn't an enclosed eatery. More of a set of display cases. You tell the server which item you want, and he/she will place on a plate and hand to you. Then you can move over to the beverage line to purchase any specialty coffees/teas or hot chocolate that you want.

Going to show my ignorance. Are the pastries from IC considered part of your included food onboard (ie. free) or are they something you have to pay for? Don't remember if our ship didn't have an IC or if we just never took advantage.

Archived