Need help to surprise my BF

cruisecouple2013

This will be my first cruise, but my BF has been on several. I want to surprise him with a bottle of wine. I understand you can take one bottle in your carry-on bag. But do they take it out of your bag? Could I hand them a note saying "be careful with wine, it is a surprise'? I have no idea how to pull this off!! And then I am guessing you drink the wine as you pull away? I'm sure "pull away" is not the correct term, but you know what I mean! I have plastic wine glasses, still need to buy a corkscrew. Will there be ice available? There will be no way I can keep the wine chilled! I asked the people at the winery and they said it would be ok to drink it over ice. I'm not even a wine drinker, this is the first bottle I ever bought! But we tried a sample of it and he really liked it. I'm thinking this should turn out to be a nice surprise if I can pull it off! Thanks for the help!

This will be my first cruise, but my BF has been on several. I want to surprise him with a bottle of wine. I understand you can take one bottle in your carry-on bag. But do they take it out of your bag? Could I hand them a note saying "be careful with wine, it is a surprise'? I have no idea how to pull this off!! And then I am guessing you drink the wine as you pull away? I'm sure "pull away" is not the correct term, but you know what I mean! I have plastic wine glasses, still need to buy a corkscrew. Will there be ice available? There will be no way I can keep the wine chilled! I asked the people at the winery and they said it would be ok to drink it over ice. I'm not even a wine drinker, this is the first bottle I ever bought! But we tried a sample of it and he really liked it. I'm thinking this should turn out to be a nice surprise if I can pull it off! Thanks for the help!

E-Mail the Cruise Line - Quote your booking ref and ship requesting a fresh ice bucket (you always get one in your stateroom), plus glases and a corkscrew. Your room steward will arrange for them to be in you stateroom - Enjoy!

Any winery who tells you to drink their wine over is is making wine not worth drinking.

I'd probably forget trying to bring something along and just arrange for Champagne or a bottle of wine to be in the cabin when you arrive through the cruise line.

Any winery who tells you to drink their wine over ice is making wine not worth drinking.

And plastic glasses. The horror.

Agree, order some Champagne (not brut, if you are not wine drinkers, you probably will like something sweeter) to be set up and waiting for you in your cabin.

The checked bag scanning staff see a lot of odd items. If you only have the one bottle of wine in your bag they may not pay much attention to it so you may get lucky. So, if you chill it very well before you head to the pier, try to request a bucket of ice to be ready in your cabin, be one of the first to board the ship and bring the bottle right away to the ice bucket, you will get about four hours on ice before sail away. That's a lot of things to go right and to stress about going wronh. Just tell him about the wine before you get to the pier. You are not supposed to stress before a cruise. Good luck.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Archived