Half Moon Cay Now has Villas for Rent

jus4fun

Just in case everyone has not seen this yet. I just saw on Carnival's website that you can rent a two story cabana on Half Moon Cay. They are being called Villas and go for $499 for up to 8 people. From the pictures the villas appear to be just past the pirate ship bar. They look kind of neat. If anyone on CC has rented or will be renting a villa in the near future, I would sure love to hear about. I got the impression from reading the description that they might have a restroom (during description about the two that are wheelchair accessible).

Just in case everyone has not seen this yet. I just saw on Carnival's website that you can rent a two story cabana on Half Moon Cay. They are being called Villas and go for $499 for up to 8 people. From the pictures the villas appear to be just past the pirate ship bar. They look kind of neat. If anyone on CC has rented or will be renting a villa in the near future, I would sure love to hear about. I got the impression from reading the description that they might have a restroom (during description about the two that are wheelchair accessible).

I saw that too!!! $500? That is a CRUISE!:eek::eek: I still struggle to bring myself and book the "old" style ones. WOW!!! I guess if you have a large group, or multiple families, it's not too bad. OUCH!!! However, I do like the colors they painted them...looks like Curacao or Aruba.:D:D:D

I saw that too!!! $500? That is a CRUISE!:eek::eek: I still struggle to bring myself and book the "old" style ones. WOW!!! I guess if you have a large group, or multiple families, it's not too bad. OUCH!!! However, I do like the colors they painted them...looks like Curacao or Aruba.:D:D:D

I agree. I wouldn't pay $500 that is $100 more than I am paying for one person for my next 7 day cruise and it will be going to Half Moon Cay.:eek:

Edited by ready2cruzagain

There are three (in a row) just past the pirate bar, one between cabanas 8 & 9, and one between cabanas 12 & 13.

If I were renting a cabana, I would NOT want one next to these things. They are large, and could potentially block the view you would normally have from your cabana, as they sit a little bit further forward than the cabanas, and as noted are two stories tall. Also, with a set up for 8 people, I bet they'll be noisey.

We were in cabana 13 in November, when the Villas were still under construction. If/when we go back, we'll go for #15!

188_zpsdfa75af5.jpg

189_zps64c5ba7c.jpg

I do like the regular cabanas, we have a small girl and it is nice to have a place that she can sit down and get out of the sun and have some snacks right there.

I don't think I'd ever pay for the 2 story one, we don't need that much space. The small ones are just fine for our needs.

My sister rented a regular cabana last year... Was nice to have a place to store our stuff while we walked the island. My sister and her hubby pretty much stayed right there. Would be nice if they built the villas at the end so as not to disturb the scenery...

Any dissatisfaction with what's going on at Half Moon Cay should be directed to Holland America Cruise Lines as Holland America is the company that owns, maintains and operates the island.

Any Carnival Cruise Line ship that stops there is just an in-and-out day visitor.

Here's an article from a few days ago from Cruise Industry News.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/8636-half-moon-cay-marks-15-year-anniversary-with-upgrades-.html

Any dissatisfaction with what's going on at Half Moon Cay should be directed to Holland America Cruise Lines as Holland America is the company that owns, maintains and operates the island.

Any Carnival Cruise Line ship that stops there is just an in-and-out day visitor.

Here's an article from a few days ago from Cruise Industry News.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/8636-half-moon-cay-marks-15-year-anniversary-with-upgrades-.html

Holland America is owned by Carnival, so the Carnival Corp is the place to complain to.

I agree, these new villas are overpriced. If I wanted to be in a hot tub, I would stay on the ship and have it to myself. Just seems like a poorly thought out idea. Maybe if the priced it around 350 it would be an interest.

Right. Holland America is owed by Carnival Corporation & PLC. Carnival Corporation is a public company owned by stockholders.

Carnival Cruise Lines (a brand under the Carnival Corporation ) does not own Holland America Cruise Lines nor does Carnival Cruise Lines based in Miami make any corporate decisions for Holland America based in Seattle.

Some of the other brands are Princess, Seabourn, Costa, Ibero, AIDA P&O and Cunard. None of these brands (including Carnival Cruise Lines) makes corporate decisions for the other.

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/

Edited by AdGuyMG

We saw them in construction phase in November... and I was saddened by the size .. all I kept thinking about was the wonderfully peaceful day we were having in Cabana 10 - and how that had the potential to be ruined by the wrong "Crowd" in one of those Villas.

There are pictures on the Carnival Website of the two stories and views they provide.

We are renting a Cabana again, and our goal is going to stay as far away from the villas as possible!

Catrin

We saw them during construction in Oct and one was right next to our favorite #9. Think when we go in June #9 will not be the one I will want to choose even though we have had it 4 times. Why oh why would someone want one with a hot tub when the ocean is like bath water and it is so very hot there. We empty our hot tub at home in the summer as it is too hot to go in. We swim at our boat then and can't imagine others wouldn't want to be swimming. Think it was a crazy idea!

JUst read the article.

Over the past 15 years, Half Moon Cay — with its beautiful, crescent-shaped white-sand beach and warm, blue-green waters — has evolved into an idyllic playground for cruise guests while retaining the scenic natural beauty of the 1,700-acre uninhabited Little San Salvador Island. Recently it was named best private island for the 12th consecutive year by Porthole Cruise Magazine.

Thinking they will not make it 13 years in a row after this

So sad they chose to do this. We stayed in #10 a few years ago and it was great! Now that they have added the new bar and these new bigger cabanas I don't think I will bother renting any cabanas now. Its always been recommended to rent cabanas 9 or higher to get away from the crowds and noise but HAL is slowy taking away all the nice quiet areas.

Thats actually not a bad price if you have a group of 8 adults renting one of these things. Comes out to like $70/person. I would gladly do that. How much are the single floor cabanas?

Agree they can be an eyesore though.

The single cabanas are $229.00 as of now anyways. Gone up $30 since May 2012

we go out on splendor in may and just rented one. We had a cabana last august which was very nice except for the people thinking that they could walk right through to get off the beach. We had cabana 1. When i looked this week the oasis which we were considering was already booked and all the cabanas also were booked. I then saw these new beach villas. I think they look nice and include a hot tub and snacks. There will be 11of us and will fit nicely in it even though they say only 8. People in our group are very pale and burn easily so we really need shade and the clam shells get hot when your in them for a while. I A am looking forward to the villa and staying on the best private island any cruise ship owns.

I'm very fair skinned and burn within a few minutes out in the sun. The idea of Cabanas are wonderful for me, while my children play in the water and worth the $230 price tag. But that's about as far as I'm willing to ever go. Spending $500 would be my entire budget for all excursions on a cruise (we try to do something at each port).