Dawn, Spinnaker Lounge?

frediver

I have been going over the deck plans and I can't find the Spinnaker Lounge or how to access it? The deck description says it is on deck 12 but the diagram does not show it or any access to it from deck 11,12,or 13. Where is the mystery Lounge hiding ?

I have been going over the deck plans and I can't find the Spinnaker Lounge or how to access it? The deck description says it is on deck 12 but the diagram does not show it or any access to it from deck 11,12,or 13. Where is the mystery Lounge hiding ?

As I understand it, it was moved on the last refit.

DML

hahaha OK NCL time to update your deck plans.

I was trying to figure out where the OP had gotten this information, since the Dawn spinnaker had moved a long time ago to deck 7.

For anyone as confused by this post as I was. NCL website under Dawn deck plans - deck 12 still has the Spinnaker listed in the description part of public rooms on deck 12. but on the deck plan themselves have it showing where it actually is on deck 7 aft. Shaking my head :p

hahaha OK NCL time to update your deck plans.

Shaking my head :p

I know. The site needs a thorough combing and correcting about now. I've found a bunch of nits like this. :rolleyes: That's what makes CC so useful.

DML

hahaha OK NCL time to update your deck plans. - description is wrong, but the pictures of the deck plans is correct

I was trying to figure out where the OP had gotten this information, since the Dawn spinnaker had moved a long time ago to deck 7. -- Moved with March 2011 refurbishment

For anyone as confused by this post as I was. NCL website under Dawn deck plans - deck 12 still has the Spinnaker listed in the description part of public rooms on deck 12. but on the deck plan themselves have it showing where it actually is on deck 7 aft. Shaking my head :p

I was confused too .... I just had to look. I just got off that boat sunday, forgot to get a picture of it.

Considering I'll be IN one of those suites, I'm not booing it at all. :D

DML

Ditto

They moved the Spinaker and built these suites between May 2011 and Sept 2011. They did it while cruising to Bermuda all summer. The suites became available for booking in late Sept 2011. I've stayed in an SJ family suite (no balcony) and LOVED IT ! I don't like the new location of Spinaker, but all of the suites that filled that space are gorgeous. Four Deluxe Owner's Suites, and dozens of "Family Suites", along with many new interior cabins, several meeting rooms, and a new Library. It's almost identical to the changes they made to the Star (sister ship) the previous year, only with improvements.

the new spinnakers-nothing like the old one on deck 12....unfortunately:(

I agree that I won't be rushing to Spinnakers, but it's nice to have those suites. From what I hear, there were a little suite poor on the Dawn before it.

DML

Although the new Spinnaker does not have that WOW factor with that amazing view, it is very nice. The only downsize that I saw was it is a smaller venue that gets crowded fast. The other Spinnaker also got crowded but not as fast as the new one fills up. That being said, they really need to hold the White Hot Party out on deck whenever possible. I was opposed to the idea of moving the Spinnaker when NCL first announced it. However, passengers really seem to love the new suites that replaced the old Spinnaker. So who am I to challenge the idea? :D

Archived