Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach!

dreamydancer617

I remember how excited I was when I learned I was having a boy! 12 years

ago:)

Will have to bring a little gift from the Buckeye State when we're there on

12/12!

We're cruising 10/30/05 on the Elation and I'm pretty sure we'll be spending most, if not all, of our Cozumel day at Paradise Beach. The more I read about it the more excited I get.

I was looking for parasailing and we can even get it there.

My husband, active-duty USAF, just wants a "relaxing tropical beach day" in one of our stops, so I think this suits the bill. I am absolutely thrilled that we've found PB and PB Tom here, and sincerely hope I don't push him to the point of exhaustion with the number of questions I'm sure I'll have for him!!

Speaking of which... How much $$ should we budget for lunch and cocktails while we're there if we spend a few hours there? I tried to access the website on my Firefox browser but it wouldn't take, so I couldn't get to the menus. Any help anybody could offer would be appreciated!

THANK YOU!

You will really love it at PB. I loved the salsa and chips, which are $5..Im looking at the menu, food items vary from $5-15 and drinks $6.50 for a 14oz cup and $12 for a 28oz yard. Beer $3

corky14...Thank you! No doubt I'll find an excuse to post them!

Sandyrella...LOL! Looks like it'll have to be a soccer team down here! Thanx!

clackey...I'll have our Swedish nanny bring him by on heavy Cruise Critic days! :D

01Sweetpea...Glad to hear it...hasta la vista!

tinaandclyde...thank you:)

LDR...Yup, was pretty exciting seeing the evidence on the screen! See you in Dec!

Hughesyerdaddy48...(LOL!) What date will you be here? I'll keep an eye out!

gjules...there will be plenty of time to shop in the evening so you can do both PB and Chank during the day...we're only about 3 miles apart!

Jan. daytime air temps should be in the low 80's with the water being around 77-78 degrees. UNLESS...we happen to have one of our cold fronts (NORTES) coming through. Then expect strong winds, and air temps in the low-mid 70's...at least the water will feel nice and warm on those days!

No HD store here but you will find HD COZUMEL t-shirts in the shops. Playa del Carmen does have an official HD store in the mall straight up from the ferry pier (2 blocks). It's a 30 min ferry ride.

Thanx for the baby wishes!

Sablerose...Looking forward to meeting you..."relaxing, tropical beach day"s are our speciality!! Do you know the exact date you'll be here?

LibertyCruiser...Thank you!

DBSailor...OK, yer in the daytimer...see ya soon!

Tom, it looks like I'm going to be there right around the time your little guy arrives!

My husband and I are on the Elation leaving Galveston on 10/30, so let's see. Day at sea 10/31, then Progreso 11/1, then Cozumel 11/2.

So, you might be busy doing the New Daddy thing when we're there!

I'm really excited though and thrilled to get to "meet you" this way - and sincerely super-duper hope we'd get to meet you when we show up!

This is a really special trip for us... 10 days after we got married my hubby was called away for 3-4 months, then he came home and we moved to Oklahoma from Arizona (where I had been for 23 years), and now he's gone again. So we'll be traveling over our anniversary on the honeymoon we never got! He specifically requested one day of "relaxing beachy stuff with cold beverages," so I think Paradise Beach is going to definitely be our place.

I won't hold it against you if we don't get to meet you, though, because you're going to be dealing with the greatest miracle ever!

Just for the record though, if someone did want to find you, where would someone find you?

Thank you so much for all your help!

PBTom,

This is gjules daughter. Thanks so much! Mom and I definitely want to go to Paradise Beach. Our current thinking (after we clear it with Grandma) is that we'll go to the Botanical Gardens at the State park and then head over to Paradise Beach for parasailing, fresh guacamole, and drinks. We figure we can get all our shopping done by the pier and also go to Carlos and Charlies. Hope Grandma can keep up :)

We'll see you January 5. Keep those margaritas ready and we hope to see your little guy!

Sarah

Hughesyerdaddy48...(LOL!) What date will you be here? I'll keep an eye out!

gjules...there will be plenty of time to shop in the evening so you can do both PB and Chank during the day...we're only about 3 miles apart!

Jan. daytime air temps should be in the low 80's with the water being around 77-78 degrees. UNLESS...we happen to have one of our cold fronts (NORTES) coming through. Then expect strong winds, and air temps in the low-mid 70's...at least the water will feel nice and warm on those days!

No HD store here but you will find HD COZUMEL t-shirts in the shops. Playa del Carmen does have an official HD store in the mall straight up from the ferry pier (2 blocks). It's a 30 min ferry ride.

Thanx for the baby wishes!

Sablerose...Looking forward to meeting you..."relaxing, tropical beach day"s are our speciality!! Do you know the exact date you'll be here?

LibertyCruiser...Thank you!

DBSailor...OK, yer in the daytimer...see ya soon!

Anytime Tom, I will be back to PB again on December 8th...planning to try out parasailing, that wasnt available last time I was there.

Last year we were there twice due to the Hurricane. This year we are traveling with a goup of 18. We told everyone that they are free to chose what they wanted to do but we were going to PB. My kids loved it there and we had the best time. Well, all 18 members of our Group are joining us and as their Tour Guide, I am confident that Tom and the staff at Paradise Beach will not dissappoint us. We will be there on the Mariner on Sept 2nd.

I love the food and drinks, the kids love the water and water toys and we all love the safety and family atmosphere. It is a a great day to spend the day.

Paradise Beach Tom,

Our party of 14 will be arriving in Cozumel on December 2nd. I have told everyone how fun PB looks and I think that most of us are on board for hanging out at your "pad"!! I personally can not wait. Looks like so much fun. I want to get my hair braided and have a massage....a buck a minute????? Can't top that!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the bambino!!!!!!!!!! They are so much fun!!!!:)

Tom,

Just now found this link. Congratulations to you and your wife on the upcoming birth of your son. By talking and singing to him now, he is already getting to know you. DH did that with our DD. My son-in-law did the same thing when my daughter was expecting. It makes a definite difference.

Just got back from the cruise on the Rhapsody. PB was great. My wife said on the way home she would like to go back to Cozumel just to go to Paradise Beach. We loved it.

PB Tom is was certainly nice meeting you. Good luck on the "bar bus" and the upcoming birth of your son.

Tom,

We had a great time last Thursday on your beach. BTW - I was the guy you talked to at the bar later in the afternoon.

I would recommend reading a book called 'The expectant father' It describes the whole process from a mans point of view. When my wife and I brought our first home from the hospital we looked at each other and said 'now what?' I needed an owners manual like a car comes with.

Hasta,

Kevin

sugar n spice...Thank you!

I talk to him everyday, but if I sing he might not ever wanna come out! Thanx again!

cobra46...glad to hear ya had agood time!

Thanx for the recommendation, I'll definitely need an "owners manual" if my plans for hiring a Swedish nanny don't pan out!! Wish me luck!

OK I am absolutely convinced Paradise Beach is the way to spend a fun fmaily day kids range in age (12, 14, 2 18 yr olds). DO you think the 18 yr olds (boys) will have enough to do for the day? We will be there 8/18 (I think):rolleyes: (Glory sailing on 8/13). Best wishes PB Tom to you and your family on your bundle of joy!!!

Sablerose...gotcha down in my daytimer so I don't forget. Hopefully I'll be there to meet you, if not, u know I'll be at home falling in love with my little guy!

I usually get to the beach around noon and start my "meet-and-greet" 30 minutes later. If we somehow miss each other, ask your waiter to yank me out of my a/c'ed office and find ya on the beach! I'll buy you both a drink to celebrate your belated honeymoon...hasta la vista! :)

We are a family from England planning on spending the day 8/11 at Paradise Beach. I have read so many great reviews about it. The kids are very excited about the water toys. Is it easy to get a cab from the dock? We are are on the Navigator. There are six of us in our group, will we need two cabs, or will we get in one? We are celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary on this day- can't think of any other place I would rather be.

We are also looking forward to coming to Paradise Beach. We were in Cozumel a couple of years ago and don't think this beach was open yet. My 12 year old son (will be turning 13 while there) can't wait to try out the water trampoline and my 15 year old daughter wants to know if she can get a massage on the beach. We hope we get to meet Tom while we are there.

uptheboro...If you've got small kids, they might let you squeeze into one cab. If not they have vans which will accomodate you all. It's very easy to find a cab at the dock(s), they'll be lined up waiting for you.

Happy anniversary...see you in Aug!

parkglensteph...Look forward to meeting you!

We opened Nov/03, about a year and a half ago.

Tell your daughter that yes, she'll be able to get a massage...hasta la vista!

Sablerose...gotcha down in my daytimer so I don't forget. Hopefully I'll be there to meet you, if not, u know I'll be at home falling in love with my little guy!

I usually get to the beach around noon and start my "meet-and-greet" 30 minutes later. If we somehow miss each other, ask your waiter to yank me out of my a/c'ed office and find ya on the beach! I'll buy you both a drink to celebrate your belated honeymoon...hasta la vista! :)

Tom, absolutely can NOT WAIT. I've been ranting and raving about PB to my husband when he phones me from overseas, and I don't think he can wait either. If we each had our way we'd be on our way to see you when he gets home some time in August!

I'm sure the waiting will be the hardest part but it will make the trip that much more worth it. Truly hope to get the chance to meet you! Thank you!!

After sitting here going through thread after thread trying to figure out what I want to do in coz...I think it's obvious the only way to go is PB....I have a 15 yr old son traveling with me so his interests are usually just "where are the girls".. I'm looking forward to relaxing in the sun ..having a drink...maybe a massage.. looking forward to it....we will be coming in on the Conquest 7/24....we don't arrive in Coz until 10:30 am...will the beach be crowded by then?

At this point (2 weeks out....) just living for the day we get to paradise......:D All four boys, DH, and I am having massages.... I am seeing myself sitting on a chair, eating nachos, sipping margaritas (or beer as Dh 's case may be), relaxing, while watching sons play on the toys.....ahhhh!:cool:

Archived