Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach!

dreamydancer617

hi going to paridise on august 13. how deep is the water around iceberg, and tramoline?

Oldest son (who wore out the iceberg:D ) reports that it was well over his head; he's 5'3". The beach was not at all rocky; very nice sand. Growing up in South Jersey and spending vacations "down the shore," this was VERY different! The day we were there, the waters were not as clear as they could have been thanks to Hurricane Dennis churning up the Caribbean. Hours are 9 AM to 5 or 6 PM; their website is http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net/home_pbeach.php. Hope this helps!

Hey Tom, Caro and Sally --

Well - It is finally MY turn to come see you folks. I hope nothing happens to fudge it all up. We will be in Coz on August 5th. I have a box of stuff for the school kids and "a little" something for each of you. We like to get to the beach early so we will probably be on the first ones there. You open at 10 right? If you missed it please answer my question about the roads and the cab ride.

Oh how cool! Thanks Cheryl. Hope I can make it out there that day to meet you. I am suppose to head out to Acapulco for about 10 days but should still be here next week.

Paradise Beach does have banana boat rides, or maybe it was the place next door. Anyhow, I believe that it was $12 per person. We were sitting on the lounge chairs right where the people were paying for them, right side of the beach by the waverunners!

Have fun,

Debbie

Well since the title of this thread is experiences and comments about Paradise Beach I will relay mine. I usually make it to Cozumel about 2 times a year 1cruise/1land. This year for the land we stayed on the mainland and went over to Cozumel on Tues. after Emily. I've never been to PB because I already have to many places that I want to visit when I'm in Cozumel. I stopped in there because so many places were closed and we were trying to find something to eat. They were in full scale clean up effort but Tom still came over and greeted us, asked if there was anything they could get us in spite of their limited capacities and took time to give us his rundown on conditons throughout the island. He even offered me my choice of rake, shovel or broom to help in the clean-up effort, which I feel guilty of not being able to take him up on. Tom maybe in the future you could not be so hospitable, now I have 1 more place to add to my list of have-to-visits when in Cozumel. See you in Nov. Thanks

Tom: We were in Cozumel on the 22nd of July and because it rained all day we decided to skip PB. I was so bummed because I was really looking forward to going there and meeting you. Instead we walked around and shopped - oh yea, and drank margaritas. We ate dinner at La Choza and loved it. Hope we can make it back to Cozumel in the near future.

Fern

PB Tom

We are thinking of Paradise Beach for our day at Cozumel. Can you tell me if thats the best palce for 4 adults. Or are there any other options for beach activity that adults would like better. We want drinks, food, chairs, music, etc. Thanks for all the great info I have read on this thread. Its fantastic :)

Can't wait to get to PB on Aug 13th. The kids are really excited about the water sports. PB Tom, since we are driving to the port of Mobile we will have room in the car for some extras if there is anything you need. Can't wait to meet you after all of the wonderful things I have read about you. I am glad that you and your family are doing okay after Emily went through. See ya soon,

Lisa, Brian and Steven from Akron, Ohio

Margie1983us, Tom probably won't be able to answer that with the board rules as he is an employee at PB.

DH & I spent the day at PB in February. We relaxed on the beach in comfortable lounge chairs while the very nice wait staff took care of bringing us beer and margueritas. The nachos and other food we had were excellent. Beach and changing rooms, bathrooms were all very clean.

There is the water trampoline and iceberg climbing thing in the water, snorkeling and kayaks. We aren't much for water toys, so we can't give you any info on those. Did a little shoreline snorkeling, but there wasn't much to see. Those that are brave enough to swim out farther were able to see more. We saw wave runners, but I think they may be a separate business.

I think the nice thing about Paradise is the great staff. They make it easy to relax if that is what you want. Or you can take advantage of the water toys if you want that. It is definately on our list of things to do when travelling back to Coz.

Hey Tom, poppajoe here! Just wanted to warn you that I'm sending some friends by to PB on Monday(8/1) arriving on Carnival out of Galveston. There names are Ron & Shirley (Ron goes by nickname "train") and they will have three kids with them. I told them to look you up and say hi.

Also, very glad to hear PB survived EMILY!

How's the MRS. and PB "Tom" to be? Hope everyone doing well. Sure wish I was there to wish them well in person. (Guess I'll have to wait 'til December!)

Well, take care and God bless.

Joe

we were at PB today. I asked for you a few times Tom. Once you were busy then another time they said you went inot town.

Had a great day. Rented the wave runners, very fun!!

My 8 year old loved all the water toys especially the kyacks & iceberg.

Good rum punches too!

It was pretty crowded today.

Only one more day on this beautiful Valor!

SunFunCruiser- You stated it was "pretty crowded". The day we are going we will not get there until after noon...is it going to be a challenge finding 3 chairs and an umbrella, or do they have plenty to go around?

Is PB related in any way to the "Deluxe Beach Break" offered by Royal Caribbean as one of their excursions? It sounds identical, but they charge $62, not $5. Is it the same location? Can I just take a taxi myself and end up at the same place in other words?

Most cruise ship tours seem to end up here:

http://www.playasol.com.mx/

For your $62, it is probably all-inclusive.

Anyway, PB is not the Deluxe Beach Break, but it is possible to walk from one to the other.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net/

Hi There, (Paradise Beach Tom...can you add any info.) We are sailing the Elation on Aug. 14 - we are excited about visiting Paradise Tom and spending the day at Paradise Beach. Is everything up and running since the hurricanes? Thanks.......

Most cruise ship tours seem to end up here:

http://www.playasol.com.mx/

For your $62, it is probably all-inclusive.

Anyway, PB is not the Deluxe Beach Break, but it is possible to walk from one to the other.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net/

I looked up Playasol and it seems to have more things to "do" (banana boats, catamarans, parasail, water skii, etc.). Since I am travelling with teens that swear they will NOT have a good time, this may be a better choice for me...more things that they can "NOT" enjoy. Does anyone know how much it costs to get in Playasol? Their website conveneintly leaves that info out.

Hi Tom,

Our family was at Paradise Beach last August and had a great time. Aside from enjoying everything at the beach we took a bunch of photos of the parrots and the art on the walls around the bar.

We have a couple of art schools and lots of things provide inspiration. This week we're having a Jimmy Buffett camp and we'll be drawing the parrots. I just printed out copies of the photos we took - very cool memories....

Last week we did a Western Caribbean camp and created artwork based on the ports from our cruise - Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, and Costa Maya.

I'd love to see if we can make a project based on the style of the artist from the bar. Can you tell me more about who painted that work? Any info about the artist would be great.

Thanks,

Sharon

Archived