Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach!

dreamydancer617

I went to Paradise Beach and it was wonderful, I wish I had stayed longer. We got to the beach and we were one of the first ones there because it was about 9:30 AM For 8 dollars you could so all the water activities. The jet skies were $55 for 40 minutes I think. We had one of those pineapple drinks and made our pictures with the drink. Had pictures made with the birds. Relaxed with plenty of chairs and umbrellas to choose from. My cousin and I did the massage think and it was sooo relaxing!! Those ladies know their stuff!!!

I only wished I had just stayed there. We went to Chankaknaab at around noon because a few of the people in our group were going to do the dolphin swim. From what I read there was plenty to do at Chankaknaab. We paid our 12 bucks each (not me because "differently" abled people get in free) and set out to explore. Well being that I was in a wheelchair (can't handle long distances) I couldn't get very far at all. There was little access to anything. So I couldn't enjoy it and finally understood why I got in free!! In any case I wished I had just stayed at Paradise Beach (which is what I will do next time) I think I want to try the parasailing then!!!

take care,

trachgirl

Trach-I am glad you got in Chank free since you didn't care for it. I am double glad you enjoyed PB, did you meet PB Tom? If not, next time ask for him! I enjoyed your straight up review and makes me so excited for our upcomming trip.

So glad to see you are enjoying life even if wheelchair needed sometimes. I hope you DO parasail next time!!!:)

What was the beach called at the Fun N Sun execrusion? When were you there? We are leaving in 3 weeks for our cruise on the Glory but need help on a beach.

Cruizinrican:)

Definitely Playa Mia (aka Playa Sol). Carnival offers some excursions to the same location.

Not to be confused with Paradise Beach which also has an iceberg.

Nice ta meetcha!

The short version: In 1996, I was working in Key West on a large schooner (sailboat), and was then asked to help sail a small trimaran to Cozumel. I'd never been to Mexico before, so that sounded like a good idea! Fell in love with Cozumel, (and a local gal!) and I've been here ever since!

I'm the PR/Promo Guy here, I don't own PB, but I pretend when the owner's not around!

I, along with CozSally and Solita (resident island experts!) and many other Cozumel Island fans, frequently answer questions posed by visitors-to-be and try to make ourselves useful! So, if you have any questions about well, just about anything, go ahead and ask!! Adios!

Just saw this, what kind of tri? An F-27 by any chance?

Cozumel Mexico 8/5/05 – Part of main Review located here – http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=4512330#post4512330

Family of four – Me(44), DH(43), DS (18), DS(14) – traveling with BIL/SIL and another couple.

We all went to Paradise Beach. I had read so many good things about the place and we were not disappointed. I had a box of goodies for the school kids and the big kids. Only one problem. Let me start from the beginning.

As we were exiting the ship I was asked what was in the box. I told them and they politely told me that without a letter from the charity they could not allow me to take it off the ship. Everyone else, except my DH was already off the ship and waiting on us. As I’m getting back on the elevator to take the box up I’m cussing to myself under my breath – how could I be so stupid. It hit me. DUH – the box has backpacks. So I get back to the cabin and there is no way I brought all this stuff just to take it back home. So I rip the box open and stuff the 2 biggest backpacks with everything else – including other backpacks. I get back downstairs and I’m trying to “change” my appearance. Took off my hat and sunglasses, hoping this guys wouldn’t notice me and look at me a little funny after I just told him there were backpacks in the box and now I’m sporting 2 quite stuffed ones. My luck my DH has decided to wait for me inside the ship. Fortunately though the same man is not standing there. I’m thinking great, but DH just starts talking. The guy said the ship donates all the time and if you take the box to the pursers deck they will blah blah blah blah blah – that’s about all I was hearing towards the end. I tried 3 times to get him to stop talking as now I knew I was doing something that wasn’t exactly above board. We get off the ship and my SIL immediately notices the backpacks and says – I figured that was what you were doing. My DH is like – what, what are you talking about – with that deer in the headlights look. I told him – dear that is why I was trying to get you to quit talking. Do you think I walk around everyday with a Strawberry Shortcake and Micky Mouse backpack? So if you plan to bring items be sure they are inside a bag or backpack.

Anyhow, 8 of us jump into a van and head to Paradise Beach. If I remember correctly it was $26.00. It was great. We got there around 11 and I knew Tom wouldn’t be there yet but I dropped off the bags and the other goodies. The water was still quite stirred up from the storms and there were guys in along the shoreline scooping out kelp. My son, Jeromy, got a 15-minute massage. He said it was nice but it was a little weird when she pulled him trunks down to get to his lower back. The club was still a little torn up from the hurricane but nothing they didn’t have under control. No one wanted to do the water things so no one purchased bracelets.

We ate and drank and ate and drank so more. Finally meet Tom and he was really great. At the time he was telling another couple where they could find a less “touristy” beach. It was nice to meet him. Thanks for everything Tom.

It was time to leave and my DH was expecting a pretty hefty bill, after all we had been there 4 hours and there were 8 of us. He was shocked when the bill was only $54.00. Mind you not everyone were drinkers, some only had cokes – but still. We left a nice tip for a waiter and were on our way back.

Overall a wonderful afternoon. My DH was quite impressed (it takes a lot to impress him) and said he would like to come back someday. Maybe he could talk Tom into mowing our grass.

how were the prices of food and drinks?

The food was very good with large portions. We had 3 smoothies, a soda, bottle of water,the nachos supreme, a pepperoni pizza, and the chicken burritos. It came out to be about $48.00 I believe. It was plenty to eat-there were 2 adults and 2 kids(shared the pizza- we ate some also).

Hi There, We just got back from Paradise Beach -- we had an awesome time!! MY DH, 2 DD (10 and 8) and myself really enjoyed ourselves. We met Paradise Tom too -- he was a great guy. If you have any questions, just let me know.

First, did Paradise Beach have any damage from Emily? We were at Paradise Beach in April and really enjoyed it there. We had 2 bottles of water, 4 pina coladas, a rib dinner and some guacomole and chips and I believe the total bill was under $50. The service was excellent. The menu is extensive which has something for everyone. I believe there is a full menu on their website.

We took a taxi from the Downtown pier and it took about 15 minutes. The prices were fine - average. The service was incredible-- everyone was so helpful and nice. I did not bring my digital camera with me, so I do not know how to post any pictures. If you go to the website - it really looks just like that. If there was any damage from the hurricane, I could not tell. I would go back in a second!!

I am dying to know who this Katie is and what happened?

Well - Tom could probably tell you the story better - but to be brief. A little girl - Katie - was found on the beach crying. Since the workers were having a hard time with the english they got Tom and come to find out this little 5 year old girl had SWAM from an adjoining beach club - which was some distance away - she had even swam out around the pier - for those who have been there. She must be a strong swimmer because this was quite a long distance. She had gotten confused because both beach clubs have the same water toys. Tom knew where she came from because of the bracelet she was wearing. As he started to walk her back people were scrambling down the beach from the other beach club with walkie talkies asking if it was Katie. Obviously everyone was relieved that she was ok - but HOW in the world does this happen???? PLEASE keep an eye on your children.

I don't really have any questions, just a request for photos if you can manage it please.

Here are some pictures for you of PB:

Water trampoline:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/382240390/232320230wZcGin

Iceberg:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/382240390/232320280tseMGC

Beach from on top of trampoline:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/382240390/232408388hRddFw

Archived