Using an On-Line Travel Agent

I made my reservation through an on-line TA. I called RCCL today because I wanted to know why I was not able to make dinner and show reservations for my upcoming cruise. The first representative was quite pleasent and told me that I would have to deal with someone that deals with "group" cruises. When I spoke with this representative, she was rather rude and dismissive. I have my reservation number so I am not worried about not having a cabin when I board, my question is this... Do I become a "second-class cruiser" because I did not book through RCCL or a "regular" TA? Does anyone know if I will ever be able to make reservations for shows or dining before boarding? It is just frustrating and I am curious what other people have experienced.

How long ago did you make your reservations? It may take some time for the TA's payment to show up on RCI's computers. That happened to me. When are you traveling? If it isn't really soon I'd give it a week and try to make the reservations again. I'm sorry the group rep was unpleasant with you. Hopefully she was just having a bad and does not treat people like that on a regular basis.

I made my reservation through an on-line TA. I called RCCL today because I wanted to know why I was not able to make dinner and show reservations for my upcoming cruise. The first representative was quite pleasent and told me that I would have to deal with someone that deals with "group" cruises. When I spoke with this representative, she was rather rude and dismissive. I have my reservation number so I am not worried about not having a cabin when I board, my question is this... Do I become a "second-class cruiser" because I did not book through RCCL or a "regular" TA? Does anyone know if I will ever be able to make reservations for shows or dining before boarding? It is just frustrating and I am curious what other people have experienced.

Once you book with a TA, you lose the ability to deal directly with Royal for certain aspects of your cruise. For example, you cannot change staterooms, dining selection (traditional or MTD), linkings, etc. directly. Your TA must to that.

However, you can book excursions, choose drink packages, reserve shows, and choose MTD times. So once your TA puts you in MTD, you can make reservations for specific times.

My Father and I are also booked with a group reservation for our upcoming cruise. We were able to select our dining times and excursions last year when we went under the same conditions. This year we are forgoing the excursions.

One thing that could be possible is that the final date has not passed and the agent did not release the group reservation to RCCL. Can you go online and checkin filling out the information for your SeaPass? If not this could mean your reservation is not ready for this.

Try going on the RCCL website and find your reservation by selecting Online Checkin, Ship Name and Sailing Date. Or if you have an account link your Crown and Anchor number to your reservation by logging into your profile.

When all else fails call your agent to see what is going on. As soon as you pay your deposit you should get a confirmation number along with when your final payment date is. You should also know how much onboard credit you will be getting.

Good luck and please update us. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to PM me or reply and see if others can better answer your inquiry.

My cruise is in 86 days and I have my reservation number. I have booked the drink packages but cannot reserve anything else. That is why I am confused. I know that I can do this stuff on-line but I like to know that everything is done before boarding. Just need to be patient I guess. Thanks for the information.

I don't think reservations are opened up yet for a 5/5/13 cruise.

Did you make your final payment? I believe you need to do that before you can book extra things.

Not necessary to make final payment.

I don't think reservations are opened up yet for a 5/5/13 cruise.

Likely.

My cruise is in 86 days and I have my reservation number. I have booked the drink packages but cannot reserve anything else. That is why I am confused. I know that I can do this stuff on-line but I like to know that everything is done before boarding. Just need to be patient I guess. Thanks for the information.

It's because your shows haven't opened up yet. Visit your roll call. You'll hear when first there

Archived