Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

I can't tell which is more heated- the interior of the Triumph or the message boards related to the "incident".

Carnival could have prevented this, no they couldn't!

Carnival is the best! No they aren't they're responsible for the Titanic sinking!

It was an accident! No the CEO started the fire to celebrate his 90 million dollar bonus!

These are just some of te wild ideas being thrown around... Why don't we just wait till the ship gets back to land and see what happens???

For those blaming passengers for sanitary mess...Pleeeease use discretion. No power or working toilets in many places and heaven knows what not working and being preserved for more immediate navigating, forced using of the bags, unknown and known causes of backups and overflows, not being allowed in cabins....plumbing, water pump, and electric problems are horrible with a few people in a house, this is unbelievable.

Sorry, couldn't take that and purposely did not fuel fire by quoting...

I think Gerry Cahill and his pr staff should be helicoptered over to the ship and be dropped there for the next 2 days, until Triumph gets to Mobile. Let him see and experience first-hand what these people are going through. Then let them try to sugar-coat THAT!!

I also like this idea.

I think Gerry Cahill and his pr staff should be helicoptered over to the ship and be dropped there for the next 2 days, until Triumph gets to Mobile. Let him see and experience first-hand what these people are going through. Then let them try to sugar-coat THAT!!

Now that's PR genius!

Carnival should have sent one of their ships empty and used the lifeboats to transfer passengers to the rescue ship. Imagine having to endure such conditions...really feeling for the people stuck on the Triumph. Carnival's meager compensation is nothing for what these people are putting up with.

They don't let ships sit around empty. That would be a waste of money.

The best thing Carnival can do right now is video document everything and slam it on to YouTube to offset the bias coverage the news media puts on...example while watching a CNN reporter on Saturday doing a live cut in from somewhere in the north east ...she said roads were impassable but behind her in the live shot you could see traffic moving along nicely..there are way too many people who tell CNN what they want to here just for the thrill of being on the news...get the video guy out there and up and down the halls and lets see if there as bad as this guy says...looking forward to it

Wow this is crazy. All this from people not on the ship. I would like everyone to consider one thing. Many people in many countries live every day of their lives in these conditions or worst. We should all count our blessings. Accidents and incidents happen all the time. Whether it be airplanes, buses, ships, ferries, trains, cars, etc. Many people are not fortunate enough to survive their "tragedy".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think at this point they probably have a pretty good idea of what is involved. I am wondering if they have decided to give it the 'Sunshine Transformation' now since this has happened. We shall see.

Give me a break! Many posters have been concerned about carpet and soft goods replacement. Yeah, I'm sure they'll need to do that - and it's a well-practiced, simple and relatively inexpensive process. That's not the challenge.

However they had a major fire in their engine room and have extensive damage to their electrical and other systems. I'm CERTAIN they don't have a good sense of exactly what will be involved to remediate those systems and equipment- to say nothing of work to prevent a similar problem from recurring. Also, don't ignore the fact that much of this equipment is huge, specialized, and it can be a huge effort to simply get the destroyed stuff out of the bowels of the hull and move the replacement equipment in. (When they build the ship, it's part of the modular construction that is then sealed up and joined together).

On the plus side, they (unfortunately) have their experience with the Splendor to help with scheduling and logistics and I assume much of the equipment is similar on the same class ship, but each situation is different, complex and they probably will need to wait until they can get some expert people onboard once the ship is in port.

Thats a fabulous idea!

Even if the damage to the equipment is minimal, and can be fixed in a day or two...that ship is going to need AT LEAST two, if not more, weeks to clean and sanitize that ship. There is no reason why they cannot go ahead and officially cancel cruises for at least the next two weeks so people can move forward with their vacation plans.

Then again, it's probably part of their strategy to start letting people cancel without penalty so they don't have to offer them the 25% discount when they cancel it on them instead. :rolleyes:

Archived