Friends bailed...now what....

mailgirl1978

Help! Our couple going with us just bailed...we have a cove balcony under the early saver option which I know limits pretty much any options but would u do?

I would rather just do a five day now but would they allow us to change it? Our final payment is the 18th.....

According to the carnival website: Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 USD service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

The heck with your friends. Go without them and I am sure you will still have a ball. Making late changes may be pricey and you would have to pay current rates. Meet new people. I hope you don't need to rely on their company of in order to have a good time. We have never sailed with friends on any of our 24 cruises. I was always afraid that friends would cramp out style.

We were in the same situation on Breeze last month. Both of the couples that we were supposed to sail with bailed on us, and we still went on the cruise. We had a blast meeting new people, the ports were amazing, and yes we did miss them, but we still had fun.

I had already began to doubt whether we should have booked a 7day to begin with...now, especially without our friends I'm wondering if 7 days is too long for me and the hubby with just each other hahhaha
Jump on the Roll Call for your cruise and start meeting 'new' people who you know will be on the cruise..!!:)

You'll be amazed how many new friends you will make..:D

Go and enjoy that awesome cove balcony! We've sailed with our best friends, with family, with new friends, and with just the DH and me. All cruises are fun but I truly think I enjoy it being just us sometimes! It's more relaxing and freer not having to keep up plans with others....a different experience! Like other posters said...join the roll call and make new friends. JUST GO; your balcony awaits! :D

I am confused as to what the problem is?

Taking a guess - you think 7 days is too long. I would guess that the vast majority of cruises are 7 days. I am thinking that 90% are at least 6 days and at least 80% are 7 days.

Personally, we have been on 10,14,21,24 and longer and they were great.

(without friends)

We've taken 2 cruises with friends and honestly I enjoy the ones by ourselves better. Selfish as it sounds,(and actually is), I enjoy not having to take other people into consideration when traveling, so I can just do my own thing. The exception to this is family and I've enjoyed the group cruises we have taken with them and the ones we took our grandkids on.

If you're worried about too much time with your spouse, just head in different directions for things to do. My wife & I have had entire days at sea where we see each other only in the cabin for sleeping (and at that we may be out of sync, so she comes in late to see me out cold, and I depart in the morning while she's asleep :) (and more days where were together throughout the day, of course...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My hubby and I sail with others sometimes... and sometimes just the 2 of us. You know you DO NOT have to spend every waking hour with him, right? lol I like get in the hottub and chill. He doesn't. He loves to walk the entire ship and check out every nook and cranny... I don't. We have time to ourselves each cruise. But we also have time together.

Join the roll call. Make new friends. I promise you will have a great cruise!!!

My DH and I started planning and had a group of 16 people planning to cruise with us. Life got in the way and caused them all to bail. We didn't have to think twice about continuing with our plans. In fact my DH and I didn't even discuss cancelling. This will be our 1st cruise since 2010 that it was just the two of us. We are so looking forward to the get away. Just go and have a blast. The time on the ship will fly by.

Archived