TA free specialty dinner without vouchers?

39august

A very large cruise TA has informed me that there are no longer vouchers for a complimentary specialty restaurant from the TA. I was advised just to go to the restaurant of my choice and make a reservation, and that the manager there would have a manifest of all pax with TA paid dinner. Has anyone experiened this, please?

no worries, August39. we were just on the Freedom January27-February3 and that is exactly what they had. When we boarded, we went to Chops and made a reservation for the first night. At that time, I told the girl that took our reservation that we had a "voucher" from our TA for a complimentary dinner. (We did not have a "voucher", so I took the one I printed with our confirmation from the TA that stated we had the dinner included ($60.00) value. She took out a list & found our names & highlighted them with a yellow highlighter and said everything was taken care of. No one, not even our waiter, asked for a paper voucher or even a confirmation from the TA. EASY, PEASY!!

Hope you enjoy your complimentary meal as much as we did. The atmosphere was wonderful. We were seated at a table for 2 right by the window. There was a full moon, shing down on the ocean. So romantic....

I had a different experience. While on Jewel this past December 2012, we were asked for a voucher we didn't have. Despite explaining that our specialty dinner was a TA perk, we were billed. Post-cruise, our TA did however send us apologies and a refund.

Archived