ship transportation

stitchintime

I will be leaving the Nieuw Amsterdam on Mar 3rd. Planning to take a cab to the airport. Does anyone know if ship transportation buses take you to the front curbside checkin of the Ft. Lauderdale airport? Last year we took Celebrity trip transportation to the Miami airport and we were let off in the "back" entrance of the airport. No crowds and we were checked in right there. I was wondering of FLL has this option. Thanks for any help

We always use taxis in Ft Lauderdale. The airport is close to the cruise terminal.

A bad feature of using HAL buses -- you have to wait until the bus is filled up before it leaves for the airport. Sometimes they fill up quickly and sometimes they take a while.

There are plenty of taxis just outside of the terminal.

I've taken HAL transfers to the Ft. Lauderdale airport a couple of times, and both times they have let us off some distance from the front door. The bus seems to overshoot the entrance, then you have to get your luggage and walk back. For my terminal, it was a slight uphill, and a difficulty, as I have trouble walking.

Last time I went through there I took a cab. I was dropped off immediately in front of the curbside check-in, and it was a much easier process.

As a solo cruiser I find it's usually just as easy, and costs less, to take a HAL transfer. One of two exceptions is Ft. Lauderdale where the price is the same, and the results better to use a cab.

Archived