Wigs

sherilyn70

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I'm still around but not as much as usual. Not much new news to tell. Went through radiation for a month and a half and we'll see if we got any results from it. The doctors and I honestly aren't expecting anything though. I'll get new scans and an update October 8th. If it has started growing again I'll probably go back on chemo or a targeted therapy, there is a clinical trial I should be eligible for. It's been a little about 2 months since chemo so my hair is finally showing signs of growing back in. It was a clear colored fuzz for a long time with no growth, now it is actually showing some color. I got my eyelashes and my eyebrows back and the hair on my arms as well.

The husband and I are working on our bucket list now, so hopefully we can squeeze a cruise in with some of that. :)

Sherilyn. glad to see you are posting, even if it is just once in a while. I am still praying for you and your family. It is to nice that you want to volunteer at the cancer center. I am hoping when I retire to do the same, but that will be a few years from now. I wish you had gotten better news, but it seems like both you and your husband and handling this very well. I know how important it is to have a very supportive husband. Take care, feel better...post when you can.

Yes I am still working full time. I've recently applied to be a volunteer at the cancer hospital and plan to do that full time once I am no longer able to work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

That is so awesome! Prayers are still coming your way. Stay strong, never give up!

Gail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes I am still working full time. I've recently applied to be a volunteer at the cancer hospital and plan to do that full time once I am no longer able to work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

So glad to see you posting sherilyn. Hang in there!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I meant to update this back in October but it's been a bit of a rough month. I went to the doctor on 10/8 for my appointment to discuss my most recent scans.

The good news is that the main tumor has not grown and remains stable and the same size. The two small lung spots shrank even more after radiation.

The bad news is that my body appears to be incapable of making enough hemoglobin right now. My bone marrow took such a bad hit from the chemo/radiation that it simply can't keep up. I was hospitalized for 3 days as soon as I finished my appointment... they were amazed that with a hemoglobin count of 4.8 (15 is normal, 7 is where they usually say I'm way to low and do a transfusion) that I was able to walk into the office! They immediately set me up for 4 units of blood and then went on to try and figure out why I was dropping so badly. We ruled out all the horrible stuff like internal bleeding, antibodies in my blood destroying new cells, and other disorders I could have developed. Now I have to get my blood drawn twice a week so we can keep an eye on it and see when it drops back down to around 7. I had another transfusion last Thursday and this appears to be just the way things will be every 3 weeks or so until my body can recover.

I will not be on any chemo or treatments for now since the main tumor is not growing. We are in a wait and see game now. When there is evidence of growth/activity (I'll be getting scans every 2 months) then we will start on more chemo.

For now I'm still working full time and refusing to give up the fight. :) My insurance is still amazing and no major increases or changes/surprises for next year. My next scans will be at the end of the month and I'll see the doctor on 12/3.