purchasing next cruise certificate once home

socialsea

It means they are not allowed to say that they work there on CC, so they cover it with open to interpretation language.

Well, that is interesting. There have been other employees, I can think of a couple of cruise directors, who post and have been quite open about who they are and their employment. But I do get your point.

I don't know how many people realize that to purchase a NCC all you have to do is fill out the form and hand it to the LA, even if they are working with someone else, they will take it and email you later. So, even if there are no appts available with the LA and it's crazy busy like our EX cruise a couple of weeks ago, you can still get a NCC. That's what we did and we got the email a day or so later. We watched others do the same thing. A lot of the time the LA's spend with some people is just sitting there waiting for them to make decisions so it's not like you're really interrupting them. In fact, the LA, looked up and reached for the form when she saw us standing about 6 feet away, so we certainly didn't intrude on them. The forms were sitting out on top of the ship display cases on both sides of the area.

So we just need to look for the "decide later" form? Do we at least have to know how long the cruise we might take is to qualify for the correct shipboard credit amount.....or are all levels spelled out on the form. I'm thinking of booking a 12 night Med. but not for about 3 years. So I wonder if the shipboard credit would still be 150 for a 12 nighter when we are finally ready to book in 2 years.

So we just need to look for the "decide later" form? Do we at least have to know how long the cruise we might take is to qualify for the correct shipboard credit amount.....or are all levels spelled out on the form. I'm thinking of booking a 12 night Med. but not for about 3 years. So I wonder if the shipboard credit would still be 150 for a 12 nighter when we are finally ready to book in 2 years.

Yes, you just need the form. On Monarch last week, it was called "Open Booking". There is no need to know the length of cruise now. They usually honor the terms in place at the time you purchase the open booking.

I don't know how many people realize that to purchase a NCC all you have to do is fill out the form and hand it to the LA, even if they are working with someone else, they will take it and email you later. So, even if there are no appts available with the LA and it's crazy busy like our EX cruise a couple of weeks ago, you can still get a NCC. That's what we did and we got the email a day or so later. We watched others do the same thing. ..... The forms were sitting out on top of the ship display cases on both sides of the area.

Next month I plan to purchase a Royal Caribbean Open Booking and a Celebrity Open Passage.

Any idea if the Celebrity forms are also usually sitting out on the display cases or will those have to be specially asked for? Thanks.

What do you mean that you MAY work in the department that handles these? Does that mean that you also may NOT work in that department?

As I was reading that, I was shaking my head and was going to ask about that......You're not sure where you work? :rolleyes:

Next month I plan to purchase a Royal Caribbean Open Booking and a Celebrity Open Passage.

Any idea if the Celebrity forms are also usually sitting out on the display cases or will those have to be specially asked for? Thanks.

My experience is they are available on one of the display racks and there is a box to place the completed forms in.

Only saw RCI forms, but that's all we were looking for. I didn't even look closely at the form as DH filled it out.

No, you don't have to select a length or anything at all, just make the $100/person deposit and the onboard credit amount is shown on the form based on how long the cruise is for. We just booked a 10 night on Grandeur using our NCC.

We picked up two in Mar. One my name and one in dw name. Also you get two certificates to give to family and friends. The have to book same cruise as you with in 30 days of you and they get the same benefits as you. Only had to give $100 for each certificate.

We picked up two in Mar. One my name and one in dw name. Also you get two certificates to give to family and friends. The have to book same cruise as you with in 30 days of you and they get the same benefits as you. Only had to give $100 for each certificate.

The friends and family certificates are gone. Rules changed mid March. Instead they want you to purchase an additional Next Cruise, and transfer it to your friends.

Archived