Wine prices

smalltownmomwa

I found a link on another thread (http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1739573#) which had an attachment that listed 3 wine packages:

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

Please list the number of

bottles for your selection

The Enthusiast

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California ($29)

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia ($26)

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy ($30)

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France ($27)

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California ($24)

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia ($26)

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina ($29)

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California ($29)

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile ($29)

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia ($28)

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia ($33)

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California ($38)

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand ($31)

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California ($32)

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California ($38)

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California ($36)

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot – California ($31)

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California ($37)

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California ($44)

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California ($33)

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California ($43)

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California ($42)

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California ($40)

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders. Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries

Is this still current? The individual bottle prices appear to be current when you compare them to the wine list on the NCL website.

Where are these packages purchased and is there any limitation to how many bottles in a package must be red vs. white?

Can you order the same bottle each time?

Thanks,

As you said, it would appear to be current when you look on the NCL website.

We purchased a wine package on our last Epic trip and it was on a stand just outside the Garden Cafe buffet area.

There didn't appear to be any limit as to how many were red or white.....we ordered 4 white and 2 red, the white was 4 bottles of Pinot Grigio and the red was Wolf Blass, so yes, you CAN order the same bottle each time, in our experience. Hope this helps. :)

I found a link on another thread (http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1739573#) which had an attachment that listed 3 wine packages:

Is this still current? The individual bottle prices appear to be current when you compare them to the wine list on the NCL website.

Where are these packages purchased and is there any limitation to how many bottles in a package must be red vs. white?

Can you order the same bottle each time?

Thanks,

From what I know this is still current and you can order any combinations and all the same wines for the package.

This was posted in January:

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

Please list the number of

bottles for your selection

The Enthusiast

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders. Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries

This is why I bring my own wine onboard...not a single wine from Washington or Oregon. Shame Shame . ! I don't have a problem with their cost at all. I just prefer Washington wines. I only drink the California wines if I run out.

This is why I bring my own wine onboard...not a single wine from Washington or Oregon. Shame Shame . ! I don't have a problem with their cost at all. I just prefer Washington wines. I only drink the California wines if I run out.

I agree that Washington and Oregon make some excellent wines, especially their Pinot Noirs!! However, I don't discount any growing region or type of wine. From my perspective almost every variety and region has very good, good, average and not so good options. I can never understand when somebody asks me if I like red or white wine as if they are mutually exclusive. I'm an equal opportunity oenophile!! :D:D

So...does anybody know where I can buy the wine packages? :)

Thanks,

Me too - I have 9 bottles squirreled away for my TA in April plus a half bottle of a lovely Texas port that goes beautifully on vanilla ice cream!

I guess we lucked out on the Dawn. We brought 11 bottles on board in our luggage and my husband was called to the Naughty Room to pick up our bags. He pulled out 6 bottles, paid $90 in corkage fees, and they put stickers on those bottles. As we emptied those six bottles, we transferred the stickers to the remaining five bottles in our cabin.

We'll take 11 bottles again on the Sun in April. If we have to pay $165 in corkage fees, that's fine. Or maybe we'll get lucky again. ;)

Michelle; Uh, I hope that is your name,,,,,

you mentioned taking on 11 bottles. My specific question, already asked in an earlier post is how can I carry-on a case (I have a flight box, with room for 12 bottles), when the box will not fit through the security check-in? My option to check it in, is supposedly what NCL does not want us to do. How were you transporting 11 bottles? One suitcase? wouldn't that be extremely heavy in addition to clothing, etc..?

It is my preference just to pay-up the corkage fee up front, and have my padded/zipped wheeled wine case delivered straight to my cabin, but I suppose that if I must go to the "naughty room" then so be it. If I could get away without paying corkage, that would be OK, as more than a few bottles are consumed in the cabin, with or without a balcony, but I certainly expect to pay, and am happy to pay corkage in whatever dining venue we are seated in.

to anyone who has carried on wine..............what size carriers are you using? Perhaps I can can leave the case box at home, if flying, or in the car if driving, and just bag the wine for carry-on upon embarkation.

Thanks to any for your help. Much appreciated

I saw in another thread the dailies listed. On day 2, it shows the ViVa Vino package with a 20% discount. Is that always the case? I would buy the next level up for the discount. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

you mentioned taking on 11 bottles. My specific question, already asked in an earlier post is how can I carry-on a case (I have a flight box, with room for 12 bottles), when the box will not fit through the security check-in? My option to check it in, is supposedly what NCL does not want us to do. How were you transporting 11 bottles? One suitcase? wouldn't that be extremely heavy in addition to clothing, etc..?

It is my preference just to pay-up the corkage fee up front, and have my padded/zipped wheeled wine case delivered straight to my cabin, but I suppose that if I must go to the "naughty room" then so be it. If I could get away without paying corkage, that would be OK, as more than a few bottles are consumed in the cabin, with or without a balcony, but I certainly expect to pay, and am happy to pay corkage in whatever dining venue we are seated in.

to anyone who has carried on wine..............what size carriers are you using? Perhaps I can can leave the case box at home, if flying, or in the car if driving, and just bag the wine for carry-on upon embarkation.

I will be putting my 9 bottles in a carry-on sized suitcase - we carry-on all our bags - nothing is checked.

Looking at red wines, I chose a $8 glass of Shiraz...a bottle would get you 4-5 drinks, so $40 for the bottle. That would mean that you could pay $25 for the wine pluse $15 corkage to break even. It seems to me if you are willing to carry on wine. that if you purchase 10-$15 wine you will get better wine and cost you less than buying on board.

I just posted this on another thread in regards to wine packages. This is what we experienced on the Jade Feb 13 & 23, 2013.

Hello all,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....but....

When we boarded the Jade on February 13, 2013 we had planned to purchase the 8 bottle package to start out. We boarded in Civitavecchia and did not see anywhere in the boarding area to purchase these packages. We did however see a table set up in the buffet area for this purpose.

We did not see the package that has been mentioned here and that we had reviewed online prior to our sail date. We asked about this package and were told that it was no longer available and that it had ended on the cruise immediately before ours. At that point we were not only disappointed but also felt that some type of notice should have been given or a phasing out done.

Some might feel otherwise, but given the vast difference in what is now offered and what was available I do think people need to be made aware.

I can't find the paperwork at the moment so I am going on memory only. If I recall correctly what is now offered are 6 or 8 bottle packages. The list was not extensive. I did not see anything on offer under $30 and the lower end seemed to be more at the $40 dollar mark.

That being said the old package of 8 bottles was $176. Now if you chose 8 bottles at the $40 price point, less the 20%, plus the 15% gratuity, you will be paying around $300 for a wine package. This equates to a package costing 50% more than what was previously offered and posted about here...something many might like to know before hand.

Personally at that price point I would select my bottles a la carte and with the menu in mind.

This is not to say that all wines on the ship have increased in price. There are certainly still less expensive wines available on the ship. They are just not part of the package that is on offer. At least not for out two sailings on the Jade (Feb 13 & 23).

If I find the list I will post it here.

Rochelle

I use a rolling beverage cart that collapses when empty and has a handle for rolling onto the ship. It will hold 12 bottles of wine and/or soda and water bottles too. Here is a link on Amazon where I bought mine. I have used it on my last 3 cruises. It also is a good place to store the wine in your cabin.

WINE CART

For our last cruise on HAL from FLL I ordered my wine online from Total Wine located on the way from the airport to Port Everglades and had my taxi stop on the way to the ship to pick up the wine. The wine was boxed in a standard 12 bottle wine box which fits perfectly in this cart.

Thanks for your response. I think that is the same wine cart that i have. so, just to clarify.....

you can take this cart will a full case in it through security? I was told that whatever carry-on was taken, it must fit through the airport style security scanners. I suppose I could deconstruct the unit if need be, but I would rather not.

again, thanks for your response.

Scanditaly

p.s. we are USA fans in our household.

Thanks for your response. I think that is the same wine cart that i have. so, just to clarify.....

you can take this cart will a full case in it through security? I was told that whatever carry-on was taken, it must fit through the airport style security scanners. I suppose I could deconstruct the unit if need be, but I would rather not.

again, thanks for your response.

Scanditaly

p.s. we are USA fans in our household.

I have only used this cart on HAL cruises and had no problems fitting it through the scanners with a full 12 bottles of wine. I would assume that the same scanners are used for NCL.

If you buy a bottle of wine onboard, are you allowed to take it back to your cabin, or do they keep it for the next time you have dinner? I'm leaning towards buying a bottle on board, but if we can't have it in our cabin I'd rather pay the corkage fee

I am new to NCL but from what I have read in other wine threads if you buy the wine on board you can drink it anywhere. Wine by the bottle can be bought in any bar, lounge and the dinning venues.

Archived