New dining room and bar menus have been requested

Bill Leiber

Ed, I agree with everything you wrote here but have to say I have a feeling that Azamara head office really does not care what anyone thinks on Cruise critic and feel we do not represent the majority of the Azamara customers and that we are a loud minority or as Bill stated that some on here are Cynical and skeptical.

I wrote in an earlier post that Azamara is looking for a different clientle and demographics and if they lose some the repeat customers that is acceptable loss for them Larry P stated that so if the head man is saying that do you believe that anyone is going to listen or do anything I do not believe so. Azamara is going in a different direction and each of us on here has to decide if that is the direction we want to go or not and if not then as he stated there are other cruselines out there.

Dale, I did see your other post and do agree with your comment that the "game has changed" as far as Azamara Management is concerned. I was very surprised at LP's original comment ( we were actually on the Journey at the time and I was checking from the ship) that he was fine with those who voted with their feet as they weren't who he was interested in anyway. I don't think that I can remember dealing with a company who did not want to retain their prior, satisfied clients and build on and expand that base. But I am afraid that you are right and that's exactly what we are seeing.

I personally wish Azamara well, and nothing but success, but I seriously question this direction since the ships don't seem to be full, and a lot of people appear to be waiting for the discounters and their promotions to appear. The confusion and general uproar in the Home Office does not exactly inspire confidence and you wonder when there will be better direction from management. I realize that Bill is in a bit of a tight spot, but continually blaming RCCL Management for these shortcoming really doesn't fly. It is part of LP's Job to get the resources that he needs to make Azamara a success and he really needs to push RF to see that he has the tools he needs to do the job. As a RCCL shareholder, I do have some questions that I would like to have some answers to, and I think that I will probably ask before the Annual Meeting

Did I read that LP has, recently, got a senior management role in RCCL?

Sometimes the slippery climb to the top requires sacrifices ;)

Sure! I am just imagining that, silly thought, but if true we are all walking into a giant trap to remove aza as a luxury line by getting RCCL all wound up and its too much trouble to keep. I bloomin hope not!

Worth a thought though:eek:

Did I read that LP has, recently, got a senior management role in RCCL?

Sometimes the slippery climb to the top requires sacrifices ;)

Sure! I am just imagining that, silly thought, but if true we are all walking into a giant trap to remove aza as a luxury line by getting RCCL all wound up and its too much trouble to keep. I bloomin hope not!

Worth a thought though:eek:

Our thoughts exactly! There is more to this than meets the eye. Why would anyone, who wanted to grow the brand, disenfranchise so many loyal customers.

To tell customers, that basically, if you don't like it, go elsewhere, has in the past been a recipe for disaster!

I bloomin' hope not as well!

Correct me if I am wrong but this thread was started by Azamara, not the 'cynics', which incidentally, is a term I find very rude.

This has been nothing short of a PR nightmare!

When information is promised then it should be provided.

I have complimented Bill on another thread but I am afraid that in this instance, Azamara have fallen short of my expectations.

Irrespective of whether the all-inclusive products are excellent or abysmal, the matter has been dealt with very poorly.

We are joining the Quest next week and I certainly hope that the information is forthcoming before we leave.

Incidentally I find this website far easier to navigate that the Azamara Site where it is your intention to enlighten us.

For those of you who are interested I am posting the spirits as told to me by Le club voyage a couple of days ago

Finlanda and smirnoff vodka

Gordon and Beefeater gin

Sea Gram Whiskey

Jim Beam

Cutty Sark, J&B and Johnny Walker Red

Jose Curevo silver Tequila

Mount Gay Rum

Dry and sweet Vermouth -so I guess there will be Martinis and Manhattans

Apricot Brandy

Blue curaco

Butterscotch schnapps

Peach schnapps

Triple sec

Creme to menthe

(there was more but did not capture everything

Beer is Bud, Bud light and Becks

coctails will be all mixed drinks

Appletini, pina colada

Rum Runner, long island iced tea

Screwdriver, cosmos

I was told there would be 19 wines available but did not want to push my luck in asking any more questions of them.

Overall I was happy with the offerings and I am sure Bill will add more whenever the final list comes out.;)

Cheers

Hello Azamara Inclusive Beverage Followers -

I'm pleased to inform you that I have posted a new thread titled, "NEW 2013 INCLUSIVE BEVERAGE PROGRAM DETAILS," which is a summary of the complimentary spirits, cocktails, beers and wines that will be offered along with the value-priced beverage packages that will be presented concurrent with the inclusive program.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37639612#post37639612

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived