New dining room and bar menus have been requested

Bill Leiber

The Azamara shows have had a complete revamp over the last two years and if you look at reviews for the last year, many people are commenting positively on this change. Whilst the Celebrity main theatre shows may be noisy for some people on Azamara we have always found the volume to be right and also the AV team are carefully monitoring it throughout the show and as officers and others are walking around in the room, they give them feedback on the volume all the time.

You find on Azamara, the cruise director usually stays at the back throughout a show, whereas on Celebrity they just open the show, you see them walk along Level 5 off somewhere else for 40 mins and then come back to about 5 minutes before the end to close it, so there is a lot more monitoring on Azamara.

I for one would not cast my vote to do away with the on board shows and guest entertainers as we now enjoy them and have found the type of entertainers selected are just right for Azamara

Just goes to show what a tricky balance Azamara has to maintain, keeping us all happy!

I am another that enjoys the onboard shows and many of the guest entertainers. I have also had many enjoyable evenings in the Looking Glass Lounge, my favourite one being DJ Alex Macs Michael Buble Tribute show.

The Azamara shows have had a complete revamp over the last two years and if you look at reviews for the last year, many people are commenting positively on this change. Whilst the Celebrity main theatre shows may be noisy for some people on Azamara we have always found the volume to be right and also the AV team are carefully monitoring it throughout the show and as officers and others are walking around in the room, they give them feedback on the volume all the time.

You find on Azamara, the cruise director usually stays at the back throughout a show, whereas on Celebrity they just open the show, you see them walk along Level 5 off somewhere else for 40 mins and then come back to about 5 minutes before the end to close it, so there is a lot more monitoring on Azamara.

I for one would not cast my vote to do away with the on board shows and guest entertainers as we now enjoy them and have found the type of entertainers selected are just right for Azamara

Just goes to show what a tricky balance Azamara has to maintain, keeping us all happy!

I am with you, although I think that shows are not as important on port-intensive cruises. We have taken several cruises that involve many sea days--the shows seem to be more important then.

We seem to have gone off at a tangent. I still await an answer about cockatoos and Bill has been to the Aviary and gone again, with no fresh info.;)

I agree with English Tim, we are off topic and we have gone as far as we can go with this with nothing new added so lets see what happens when Bill returns and shares what Azamara is going to offer. ;)

I agree with English Tim, we are off topic and we have gone as far as we can go with this with nothing new added so lets see what happens when Bill returns and shares what Azamara is going to offer. ;)

We have indeed gone off topic, but Azamara have been off topic for over 4 months now, not that they were ever really on topic! :D

As ever we will just have to wait until they deign to tell us.

It better be good. :rolleyes:

We have indeed gone off topic, but Azamara have been off topic for over 4 months now, not that they were ever really on topic! :D

As ever we will just have to wait until they deign to tell us.

It better be good. :rolleyes:

:D I am keeping my expecatations in check, less chance of being very disappointed.

:D I am keeping my expecatations in check, less chance of being very disappointed.

Good strategy that, expect less but hope for more. :D

Personally not bothered, as I only drink wine, but DH does like the occasional G&T, and he's particular with regards his Gin.

Tesco Value just won't cut it for him. ;)

The more I ponder Bill's last post, the more annoyed I become. If Azamara has decided to become an all inclusive product, why should they be offering ' value priced beverage packages'.

It is quite acceptable to charge a supplement for the really top of the range drinks. If someone wants to indulge in something special then the facility should be there for them to do so.

However, to offer beverage packages is effectively saying that their all - inclusive offerings are not up to very much and that passengers may well feel the need to upgrade the product for the duration of the cruise and not for just a special occasion.

I have never heard of this before and I sincerely hope I do not in the future.

I accept that no details have yet been announced but I can't help feeling that the writing is on the wall.

I am joining the Quest next week and I would like to know what is on offer before I leave so that I can bring on board what I want.

As a matter of principle, I will not be paying for a beverage package, when I have paid for an all inclusive 'luxury' cruise.

Finlanda and smirnoff vodka

Gordon and Beefeater gin

Sea Gram Whiskey

Jim Beam

Cutty Sark

Jose Curevo silver Tequila

Mount Gay Rum

Apricot Brandy

Blue curaco

Butterscotch schnapps

Peach schnapps

(there was more but did not capture everything

Beer is Bud, Bud light and Becks

coctails will be all mixed drinks

Appletini, pina colada

Rum Runner, long island iced tea

Screwdriver etc

Wine there is of a total 19 but did not ask if all was included

Finlanda and smirnoff vodka

Gordon and Beefeater gin

Sea Gram Whiskey

Jim Beam

Cutty Sark

Jose Curevo silver Tequila

Mount Gay Rum

Apricot Brandy

Blue curaco

Butterscotch schnapps

Peach schnapps

(there was more but did not capture everything

Beer is Bud, Bud light and Becks

coctails will be all mixed drinks

Appletini, pina colada

Rum Runner, long island iced tea

Screwdriver etc

Wine there is of a total 19 but did not ask if all was included

Ok seriously weak in the decent whisky department, but long island iced tea good!

:cool: ish!

As we are at sea where the flying fiddle is the dark rum?

Where did you get the info please:)

Ok seriously weak in the decent whisky department, but long island iced tea good!

:cool: ish!

As we are at sea where the flying fiddle is the dark rum?

Where did you get the info please:)

From Le club vovage there was more on the list just could not write it fast enough the list should be out later. I was happy with the long island, pina colada and the appletini

So is dewars and johny walker and various others, but they have no taste apart from a lingering odour of paint stripper:rolleyes:

LOL to funny I am not a scotch drinker but I did try a 50 year old scotch in Scotland and it was like a very fine cognac very smooth.

Thanks for the information....certainly not my favorite vodkas or scotch (or beer for that matter) but in the occasional mixed drink the liquors listed will be fine and a Bud or Becks will be nice for a change at lunch (although I do love the lemonade at the pool grill!)

LOL to funny I am not a scotch drinker but I did try a 50 year old scotch in Scotland and it was like a very fine cognac very smooth.

There are really some good blended scotch that are the same price as smirnoff and beafeaters, so come on Azamara, you sail in Europe! Please :) Grouse, Bells if you must, Bushmills a smooth Irish....:(

Hubby wants a dark rum the gay mountain stuff is not good and where is the bacardi?

There are really some good blended scotch that are the same price as smirnoff and beafeaters, so come on Azamara, you sail in Europe! Please :) Grouse, Bells if you must, Bushmills a smooth Irish....:(

Hubby wants a dark rum the gay mountain stuff is not good and where is the bacardi?

Very surprised that there is no Bacardi, but cannot find the list to see exactly what is there.

Archived