New dining room and bar menus have been requested

Bill Leiber

Hello Azamara Followers:

I know that you are all eager to see the updated dining room menus along with wine lists and bar menus. And Host Andy is as eager as you to post them on the Azamara forum.

I have requested them from our Vice President of Hotel Operations and am waiting for a response when we may expect to have them. I do know that they are being revised as a function of when our more inclusive amenities becomes effective with our 2013 Europe season:

§ First Azamara Quest voyage: March 27, 2013, 7 Nights Seville to Barcelona

§ First Azamara Journey voyage: May 15, 2013, 10 Nights Greek Isles, Cyprus & Holy Land.

I have requested details about "selected standard spirits, beers and wines" that will included at all ship bars as well as the selected red and white wines and international beers that will be included with lunch and dinner.

At this point, I'm unable to provide you with a delivery date but will do when I am able.

Thank you for your interest and we're looking forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thank you Bill. It will be interesting to see exactly what is being offered on the menus.

Ed

I am more interested what is included in the new added beverage package, that is what has added some of the new raised prices..are they the better wines and liquors??

Jancruz1

Hello Azamara Followers:

I know that you are all eager to see the updated dining room menus along with wine lists and bar menus.

I've been advised that sometime next week, I'll be able to share details about "selected standard spirits, beers and wines" that will included at all ship bars as well as the selected red and white wines and international beers that will be included with lunch and dinner.

The menus in our dining rooms will not be changing in March and that this project is scheduled for the 4th quarter this year. In the meantime, here is a link to "Sticky: Prime C / Aqualina Menus (Updated 8/11)" to view the menus as of August 2011. I am waiting for confirmation that they are still in effect and if not, then a new version will be posted. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=671520

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Azamara Followers:

I know that you are all eager to see the updated dining room menus along with wine lists and bar menus.

I've been advised that sometime next week, I'll be able to share details about "selected standard spirits, beers and wines" that will included at all ship bars as well as the selected red and white wines and international beers that will be included with lunch and dinner.

The menus in our dining rooms will not be changing in March and that this project is scheduled for the 4th quarter this year. In the meantime, here is a link to "Sticky: Prime C / Aqualina Menus (Updated 8/11)" to view the menus as of August 2011. I am waiting for confirmation that they are still in effect and if not, then a new version will be posted. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=671520

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

Just wondered if we are any nearer with the information on inclusive drinks? We shall be aboard Quest on the 27th March when she sets sail on the first inclusive voyage

Thanks again

Vicki Brown

Hi Bill

Just wondered if we are any nearer with the information on inclusive drinks? We shall be aboard Quest on the 27th March when she sets sail on the first inclusive voyage

Thanks again

Vicki Brown

Hello Vicki -

I'm still waiting for the information and have requested it again from our hotel operations team.

Please stay tuned for my reponse and sorry for the delay.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

No it has been abandoned!

Here's a snippet from a Bill Leiber post made November 28:

Since making that decision to abandon the Nespresso option which would include a small extra charge, we received feedback from our global marketing offices (remember we host guests from over 40 countries) that we should consider rolling out the Nespresso option and testing the concept for our global guests. We realize the risk to our credibility by reversing the original decision but decided that our reasoning to abandon the Nespresso program was too hasty a decision. It was based not on actual guest feedback from the program's operation but on your comments about the "notion" of charging for coffee while offering liquor at no charge. We decided to "bite the bullet" by introducing the program later in 2013 after the Azamara Journey's drydock is completed in January.

Looks to me like the Nespresso nonsense is back.

Here's a snippet from a Bill Leiber post made November 28:

Looks to me like the Nespresso nonsense is back.

Now that is just sad, a double u-turn. Nevermind, they have just under 3 months to get rid of the nonsense before my first Azamara cruise. I have to say it does seem daft to charge for a standard coffee of the type that many hotel rooms have, for free!

Now that is just sad, a double u-turn. Nevermind, they have just under 3 months to get rid of the nonsense before my first Azamara cruise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't beat yourself up about it if you can't persuade ACC to "get rid of the nonsense".

The Mosaic Cafe on Deck Four serves excellent coffee, probably better than your Nespresso, freshly made to order with a great variety of choice!

Please don't beat yourself up about it if you can't persuade ACC to "get rid of the nonsense".

The Mosaic Cafe on Deck Four serves excellent coffee, probably better than your Nespresso, freshly made to order with a great variety of choice!

I agree with you. The Nespresso subject is a non-issue for me too as I can choose not to buy it. I have found many of the Mosaic staff to be excellent and happy to let you know the various flavours of the standard coffee. I liked the cinnamon very much. I also love the snacks and biscuits they have there.

Phil

Now that is just sad, a double u-turn. Nevermind, they have just under 3 months to get rid of the nonsense before my first Azamara cruise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't like nespresso :p

I have to ask since we will be on our first Azamara cruise in Nov. '13 and when we've been on Oceania I was thrilled to be able to get a latte whenever. It was very close to the cafe au lait I became addicted to in New Orleans years ago.

Never heard of nespresso before, but is it easy to get a cafe latte on Azamara? and along that line, should I bring my own Chai tea?

I actually had been following this post to see what kind of bourbon was going to be included in the spirits. We bring Wild Turkey with us on Oceania for sipping on the balcony.

Anticipating our cruise already,

Alice

I have to ask since we will be on our first Azamara cruise in Nov. '13 and when we've been on Oceania I was thrilled to be able to get a latte whenever. It was very close to the cafe au lait I became addicted to in New Orleans years ago.

Never heard of nespresso before, but is it easy to get a cafe latte on Azamara? and along that line, should I bring my own Chai tea?

I actually had been following this post to see what kind of bourbon was going to be included in the spirits. We bring Wild Turkey with us on Oceania for sipping on the balcony.

Alice

No problem getting a latte. Mosaic is the place. If you go up to the counter, let them know what you want and you can either take out in which case they'll put it in paper cup with a lid or you can find a seat in Mosaic and they'll bring it to you in a mug. I'm pretty sure they have lots of different teas as well, but not sure of what types they have. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Phil

They do have Chai tea at Mosaic cafe but I didn't see Chai Latte on the menu....I'm sure they would do it for you if asked. Nothing is a problem on Azamara.

The coffee in the MDR is pretty awful though......IMHO of course, so I always ask nicely for a coffee from Mosaic and it is happily provided.

And the hot chocolate in Mosaic is delicious. :)

Alice[/q

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can't help you with the bourbon question, but must agree with Phil on the previous post that the coffeee is good and fresh in the Mosaic Cafe.

There's nothing finer or more relaxing than after a strenuous day on a tour, followed by an excellent dinner skipping the coffee (not that good) in the main dinner room and wandering along to the Mosaic which is on the same deck. There you'll be served with, for free, all the varieties of coffee which you'll find in Starbucks. Liquer coffees have up to now been chargeable; exquisite pasties are free. Maybe with the impending "free" liquor policy some of those may become free. Who knows! Maybe Bill Leiber?? Oh! And they throw in a Jim Badger or Jim Badger lookalike on the piano.

!

Alice[/q

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can't help you with the bourbon question, but must agree with Phil on the previous post that the coffeee is good and fresh in the Mosaic Cafe.

There's nothing finer or more relaxing than after a strenuous day on a tour, followed by an excellent dinner skipping the coffee (not that good) in the main dinner room and wandering along to the Mosaic which is on the same deck. There you'll be served with, for free, all the varieties of coffee which you'll find in Starbucks. Liquer coffees have up to now been chargeable; exquisite pasties are free. Maybe with the impending "free" liquor policy some of those may become free. Who knows! Maybe Bill Leiber?? Oh! And they throw in a Jim Badger or Jim Badger lookalike on the piano.

!

Whats with Jim Badger?

Another one for Bill on the whats in and whats not! Mini bar - don't want to sound cheap, but is it included? I ask because on costa (don't knock it :( we had a brilliant time becoming Italian), the mini bar was included in the all inclusive. Spoiled us balcony dwellers on our first cruise for every other cruise we have done since! It was just soooo relaxing and unbothered when you are tired and want to relax with a G&T...... Ahhhh

Anyway Bill, anyone, is the minibar part of the all inclusive new Azamara package?

Whats with Jim Badger?

Another one for Bill on the whats in and whats not! Mini bar - don't want to sound cheap, but is it included? I ask because on costa (don't knock it :( we had a brilliant time becoming Italian), the mini bar was included in the all inclusive. Spoiled us balcony dwellers on our first cruise for every other cruise we have done since! It was just soooo relaxing and unbothered when you are tired and want to relax with a G&T...... Ahhhh

Anyway Bill, anyone, is the minibar part of the all inclusive new Azamara package?

Hello HudandPug and other readers -

As you know we are about to roll out the new standard spirits, beers and wines at all ship bars during regular bar hours on the Azamara Quest's March 27th voyage and the Azamara Journey's May 15th voyage. Right now the lists are being reviewed for one last time. Once completed, I'll be able to share that information.

I want to make sure that the information has been approved by the entire operations and management teams.

Sorry for the delay and I'm as eager as you are to receive this information.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello HudandPug and other readers -

As you know we are about to roll out the new standard spirits, beers and wines at all ship bars during regular bar hours on the Azamara Quest's March 27th voyage and the Azamara Journey's May 15th voyage. Right now the lists are being reviewed for one last time. Once completed, I'll be able to share that information.

I want to make sure that the information has been approved by the entire operations and management teams.

Sorry for the delay and I'm as eager as you are to receive this information.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Many thanks Bill:)

I am flabbergasted that this wasn't sorted out and decided before the big announcement was made in November. How does a company announce a supposed major "enhancement" when it can't articulate what that "enhancement" is four months later--and barely a week before it goes into effect? I find that incredible and just one more example of clueless marketing management.

We were handed stunning fare increases in November based on the introduction of Azamazing Evenings and included "standard spirits." Turns out I've since booked a cruise that has no Azamazing Evening and now, four months later, I don't even know what "standard spirits" will be included in my fare, and whether I'll even want to drink the stuff Azamara considers "standard." Depending on what that turns out to be, the fare increases may in fact be buying me--and, I suspect, many others--absolutely nothing.

Many thanks for all the info. about Mosaic ... sounds like that'll be wonderful. We do travel with our insulated coffee mugs ... no problem though airline security as long as they are empty ... have even had the agents there say they had never thought of that ... it's easy they stand up in the pockets of my VB carry on.

We'll be waiting to hear about the spirits. ;)

Waiting with baited breath for the supposed 4-8" of snow at our 7400' east of Durango.

Alice & Bob and the Berner girls

Hello Azamara Followers:

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi,

The above was from 20th February. It's now 15 days to our sail date (27 March). Presumably the company has had to order in the all-inclusive drinks, so must know what they've ordered?

Joan

I pop into this thread every couple of days, expecting to see the information.

It is incredible that this information has still not been provided.

Come on Azamara, you do your on board staff an injustice when things like this occur.

I cannot understand what is so difficult.

Archived