Paying for coffee!?

Gracie115

Someone on our thread for the Connie April 1 cruise just stated that they had to pay for coffee in the MDR on a recent Connie cruise. I couldn't get a reply to whether they were talking about regular or specialty coffees can anyone confirm or HOPEFULLY deny that regular coffee now is an "extra"???

I'm pretty sure that the normal 'regular' coffee is free in the MDR but I usually have expresso (Speciality Coffee) which has to be paid for. I think if regular coffee was chargeable we would have heard lots of complaints about it by now

Someone on our thread for the Connie April 1 cruise just stated that they had to pay for coffee in the MDR on a recent Connie cruise. I couldn't get a reply to whether they were talking about regular or specialty coffees can anyone confirm or HOPEFULLY deny that regular coffee now is an "extra"???

Regular American style "brewed" coffee and a whole array of other basic beverages are available at no extra charge in every dining area on the ship, including the MDR, and from room service. This includes the buffet area where at least one beverage station is open 24 hours.

The only coffees which have an extra charge are the espresso based premium coffees such as espresso, latte, cappuccino, and so on. Likewise there are other premium versions of many beverages available at extra cost. The only beverages which always have an extra cost on the ship are alcoholic beverages, soda pop & other carbonated beverages and beverages served in bottles such as bottled water.

Personally I think the no-extra charge coffee served on board is not very good but some cruisers find it is just fine and the version served in the main dining room is often better than that served from room service or the buffet.

I'm pretty sure that the normal 'regular' coffee is free in the MDR but I usually have expresso (Speciality Coffee) which has to be paid for. I think if regular coffee was chargeable we would have heard lots of complaints about it by now

Well that's what I thought too...just wanted verification...thanks!

One always spread rumors,

Coffee, tea Hot choco. are all free.

Unless marked Fee, the Desert menu at the MDR will be some specialty drinks that are Free. Maybe you got it mixed up :cool:

Nope I didn't get it mixed up, as I said someone on our cruise roll call stated they had to pay for coffee in the MDR last week on Connie...I was just verifying that it was NOT the regular coffee since the same person did not come back and clarify what type of coffee he/she was referring to...thanks!:)

Nope I didn't get it mixed up, as I said someone on our cruise roll call stated they had to pay for coffee in the MDR last week on Connie...I was just verifying that it was NOT the regular coffee since the same person did not come back and clarify what type of coffee he/she was referring to...thanks!:)

Some cruise lines do not (or have not in the past) charged for an espresso or cappuccino in the MDR. Celebrity does. So that might have been it.

Archived