Second lawsuit filed in Triumph incident

doneinne

"Industry giant Carnival has been hit with a second lawsuit from a Carnival Triumph passenger, ABC News is reporting.

The network says Lisa Williams, 42, of Houston claims to have suffered severe dehydration and bruising from aggressive food lines on the crippled ship.

Williams was so ill from the five-day ordeal that she had to be given intravenous fluids in a hospital emergency room when she returned home to Houston, her attorney tells ABC.

"Plaintiff has been exposed to extremely toxic and debilitating conditions resulting in severe and permanent injuries," the lawsuit alleges.

It was filed Sunday in a Miami federal court, ABC says.

The lawsuit follows one filed by a passenger on Friday, just hours after the 102,000-ton Carnival Triumph reached a dock in Mobile, Ala.

In the first suit, Texas resident passenger Cassie Terry, 25, of Brazoria County, Texas says Carnival "failed to provide a seaworthy vessel and sanitary conditions." She's seeking compensation for "physical and emotional harm, anxiety, nervousness and the 'loss of enjoyment of life."

I saw an interview on ABC. They said she was asking for $75,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wonder if this person refused to drink any kind of water/soda/drinks onboard the ship just so they can sue carnival for this BS reason

Why did this person wait until getting to Houston to receive medical care for dehydration? and I guess the crew was supposed to stop people from bumping in each other. God forbid someone get bruised!

You guys are unbelievable! What do you know about this case to make such remarks? Have some compassion.:mad:

I think they are like me, frustrated by sue happy people who just want a free ride,with no regard to what law suits do to future rates for those of us who understand the risks of cruising,and buy cruise insurance for medical and other reasons. So go ahead and torch me. I just do not agree with the suing business,especially if there are no grounds..

You guys are unbelievable! What do you know about this case to make such remarks? Have some compassion.:mad:

Why should I be compassionate. If she didn't drink and stay out of the sun whose fault was that.

I don't have enough energy to be compassionate about all the fools in the world. That would be a 24/7 job.

ETA: and what is toxic about human waste. Maybe her attorney should look the word up.

Amen to that !

Why should I be compassionate. If she didn't drink and stay out of the sun whose fault was that.

I don't have enough energy to be compassionate about all the fools in the world. That would be a 24/7 job.

ETA: and what is toxic about human waste. Maybe her attorney should look the word up.

I want to know what "severe and permanent" injuries she has from being on a cruise ship, if all she suffered was dehydration and bruising..

"When your gut tells you that you are possibly not survive this".. hello, was the ship FLOATING?? Did it have a hole in the bulkhead that nobody knew about?? Has this woman NEVER before been on any type of floating vessel before? Even on a 30 foot boat on a lake, if you are not under power, it "lists" from side to side with the waves. Another money hungry idiot.. sheesh..

How do you know she didn't drink?

It's all very well folk holding kangaroo court sessions, but until you have been in some of these situations you don't know how you will react.

My understanding of the Carnival forum is that it's a resource to help people plan their vacations and to discuss those vacations, not to sit in judgement of anyone that dares to criticize Carnival.

How do you know she didn't drink?

It's all very well folk holding kangaroo court sessions, but until you have been in some of these situations you don't know how you will react.

My understanding of the Carnival forum is that it's a resource to help people plan their vacations and to discuss those vacations, not to sit in judgement of anyone that dares to criticize Carnival.

I know from the interview that I just WATCHED where she SAID that she didn't want "carnival water". Gee, if you're REALLY thirsty, you drink what's there!

It's not like Carnival did this on purpose!! Geez.

I saw this women on GMA this morning. I do not know anything more than what was stated, but I am always leary of someone who pulls the "it's not fair" card.

Cancer, disablities, and other illness is not fair, innocent victims of war is not fair and on and on.

I am sure that it was most uncomfortable and I sure wouldn't want to go through it myself but FAIR? I see people dealing with "not fair" in a much more dignified many without blaming anyone.

I don't know about you guys, but on the top of this page for me, there is an advertisement asking for passengers of the Triumph and suggesting they might be entitled to some compensation???

Maggie

Chrome + AdBlock Plus is a lifesaver. :D

Thanx for the post! BUT what BS........... So sad how our country has become, "sue happy" for everything, makes me sick! & people wonder why we keep on paying more for everything, frivolous lawsuits like that are a prime example! Hope she loses & her & the lawyer don't get "jack ship" & hopefully she would have to pay court costs too! Dehydrated & bruises, my rear end!!! ABC is a joke as well spin stories without checking facts to make themselves look good

Off my soapbox now!

Well at least it isn't as laugh out loud ridiculous as "loss of enjoyment of life".

It's also not as laugh out loud as the legal eagles on CC that have already determined that these people have no case and were just 'uncomfortable'. Now that's funny. :D:eek::D

It's also not as laugh out loud as the legal eagles on CC that have already determined that these people have no case and were just 'uncomfortable'. Now that's funny. :D:eek::D

Can't remember anyone saying she didn't have a case. Just a lot of humor at her reasons for suiing. If a judge and jury wants to award her a gazillion dollars that's their choosing doesn't change my OPINION that this sounds like a pretty frivolous suit.

Ever hear of e-coli?

To this day, people are still saying the McDonalds case was frivolous, obviously without knowing what actually happened. Is anyone really surprised they would feel the same way when it concerns CCL?

Archived