Second lawsuit filed in Triumph incident

doneinne

Can't remember anyone saying she didn't have a case. Just a lot of humor at her reasons for suiing. If a judge and jury wants to award her a gazillion dollars that's their choosing doesn't change my OPINION that this sounds like a pretty frivolous suit.

Then you haven't been reading what's been posted for the last few days. Just wait someone will chime in.

I think she should be compensated for her out-of-pocket medical bills and that's all. If more lawsuits ending this way I think everyone would be ok with that (well maybe not the plaintiff). ;)

If she caused the out of pocket medical bills to begin with (by refusing to drink the clean water being offered, just because it wasn't in a bottle) why should CCL compensate her for that? She made that choice, not Carnival.

It's also not as laugh out loud as the legal eagles on CC that have already determined that these people have no case and were just 'uncomfortable'. Now that's funny. :D:eek::D

No, it's not laugh out loud time. This person alleges bodily injury and actually sought medical attention. I take this case more seriously than the first suit, where the plaintiff claimed to be nauseated and feverish but sought a lawyer before she sought medicak help.

Emotional harm and loss of enjoyment of life as always components of a bodily injury claim. They are not compensable in the absense of a physical injury.

The only way the Triumph passengers can get compensation is by alleging bodily injury and proving negligence on the part of Carnival.

I didn't see the GMA interview, but if she actually said on the air that she didn't drink the water provided to her . . .Carnival's lawyer has already started the paperwork to obtain an official copy of the interview to be used when he takes her deposition.

To this day, people are still saying the McDonalds case was frivolous, obviously without knowing what actually happened. Is anyone really surprised they would feel the same way when it concerns CCL?

Have you sought help for that 'bad attitude' you were notified of yesterday? I'm still laughing. :D:D:D

If she caused the out of pocket medical bills to begin with (by refusing to drink the clean water being offered, just because it wasn't in a bottle) why should CCL compensate her for that? She made that choice, not Carnival.

We don't know the complete details yet, I was just making a point as she will probably end up getting a lot more if it goes to court....don't really know how, but somehow these ppl tend to make out like bandits :cool:

Maybe she should name her friend who gifted her the cruise in the lawsuit.:rolleyes:

She says she is suing to make sure this can never happen again.

Only you can prevent possibly (I don't know and you don't either) accidental ship fires...said in my best smokey the bear voice.

I want to know what "severe and permanent" injuries she has from being on a cruise ship, if all she suffered was dehydration and bruising..

"When your gut tells you that you are possibly not survive this".. hello, was the ship FLOATING?? Did it have a hole in the bulkhead that nobody knew about?? Has this woman NEVER before been on any type of floating vessel before? Even on a 30 foot boat on a lake, if you are not under power, it "lists" from side to side with the waves. Another money hungry idiot.. sheesh..

I'm curious as to what "permanent" injuries she has????

No kidding. :D. Although, I will say there have been times when CC made me want to see a shrink. :D ;)

That guy was a mess.

I still don't see why Carnival didn't get the people off the ship earlier via ship to ship zip line or alien abduction.... Or the USCG should have removed them, trust me it was perfectly safe. <-sarcasm :p

If she got hurt on board because of the conditions, she deserves to win... If her injuries are fake or self inflicted, she deserves to lose.

He was the very wise man who said "Don't argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Mark Twain had a similar quote.

Ok I get it now

I was on Google tring to figure out who King was

I didnt think he was the corn equation guy and by the time I got back Poof

I don't know what the background of the folks posting. But, you need to understand a few things.

When a ship wide power failure occurs, it also hits the water pumps, desalinization & treatment system. I guess some of you might be wondering what this means. On a ship as old as the Triumph, after a power loss, it means the water is unsafe to drink until the system is flushed - which requires lots of time on a ship like the Triumph.

Total loss of power on a ship, means loss of positive water pressure, and loss of return vacuum, which usually means backflow into what you call the potable water system, ie heavy contamination. A ship normally has a lot of pipes & tanks for the following; including compressed air, fuel(diesel & bunker), lubricant - heavy oil, grey water, raw sewage, seawater, ballast, treated drinking water, (mil usually has a steam system). And most of these systems have transfer interconnects.

My advice to folks, is to drink bottled water on a ship all the time, and especially after a power loss, or a cross-connect problem(something that occurs frequently the bigger they get). (Except private yachts, whose crew are paid to do things right; and US military, who's plant engineers are trained to be meticulous).

Ok I get it now

I was on Google tring to figure out who King was

I didnt think he was the corn equation guy and by the time I got back Poof

I wanted to respond to you before that thread disappeared. We do not always agree, but funny how we can do it maturely....and perhaps with a bit of USCG/USN trash talking, huh? ;)

I still don't see why Carnival didn't get the people off the ship earlier via ship to ship zip line or alien abduction.... Or the USCG should have removed them, trust me it was perfectly safe. <-sarcasm :p.

LOL at alien abduction. :D

I wanted to respond to you before that thread disappeared. We do not always agree, but funny how we can do it maturely....and perhaps with a bit of USCG/USN trash talking, huh? ;)

Exactly..... I so agree....... you brown water sailor:p;):D

Then you haven't been reading what's been posted for the last few days. Just wait someone will chime in.

Now we on CC are capable of seeing into the future (and I'm not talking about the posting order showing up on the threads). Haven't been here all week-end, why would I know what has been posted on another thread. Weird response.

I don't know what the background of the folks posting. But, you need to understand a few things.

When a ship wide power failure occurs, it also hits the water pumps, desalinization & treatment system. I guess some of you might be wondering what this means. On a ship as old as the Triumph, after a power loss, it means the water is unsafe to drink until the system is flushed - which requires lots of time on a ship like the Triumph.

Total loss of power on a ship, means loss of positive water pressure, and loss of return vacuum, which usually means backflow into what you call the potable water system, ie heavy contamination. A ship normally has a lot of pipes & tanks for the following; including compressed air, fuel(diesel & bunker), lubricant - heavy oil, grey water, raw sewage, seawater, ballast, treated drinking water, (mil usually has a steam system). And most of these systems have transfer interconnects.

My advice to folks, is to drink bottled water on a ship all the time, and especially after a power loss, or a cross-connect problem(something that occurs frequently the bigger they get). (Except private yachts, whose crew are paid to do things right; and US military, who's plant engineers are trained to be meticulous).

both the coast guard and other carnival brought over bottle water. If there was bottle water available, and this person refused to drink then it her problem and not a problem with carnival

these are the same people who cut in front of you at a gas station...grocery store...the same folks that eat and then complain about the food to get stuff knoked off their bill....who see someone drop money and pick it up Without giving it back to the person who dropped it...if they get the wrong change back keep it...

I hope they win big money...then have a heart attack

How do you know she didn't drink?

It's all very well folk holding kangaroo court sessions, but until you have been in some of these situations you don't know how you will react.

My understanding of the Carnival forum is that it's a resource to help people plan their vacations and to discuss those vacations, not to sit in judgement of anyone that dares to criticize Carnival.

Hmm....you haven't visited here much, have you?

Just saying...

Andy

:cool:

Now we on CC are capable of seeing into the future (and I'm not talking about the posting order showing up on the threads). Haven't been here all week-end' date=' why would I know what has been posted on another thread. Weird response.[/quote']

Really? Isn't that what I said? If you hadn't seen it, you haven't been reading what's been posted. What's weird about that? :confused:

Archived