Seen anyone famous on a cruise?

calikak

Last month as we were collecting our luggage after getting off of the Dawn Princess, I was literally bumped into by Kathryn Joosten, the woman who played Mrs. Landingham on The West Wing and also plays Mrs. McCluskey on Desperate Housewives. Being a huge fan of The West Wing, it was a huge moment for me. :D So, I was wondering if anyone else had ever bumped into someone famous on a cruise?

August 90, Crown Odyssey trans-Atlantic, Dover to NYC, June Allyson, Esther Williams, and another actress were aboard.

June Allyson did give a guest "lecture", with a question and answer session, and one dolt asked her if she did in fact wear Depends.

Actually, she looked just as she did in the movies years ago, while Esther Williams was barely recognizable.

On one cruise we had Sherman Hemsley they said he spend most of his time in his suite but he did come out to one of the shows and came on stage.

My boss met Sophia Loren on an MSC Cruise... He says she was the love of his life when he was young... :)

Next, no, I didn't, she was with her daughter and grandchild (at least, that's who we assumed they were) and they were dealing with luggage, it just didn't seem appropriate to bug her. But we talked about it the whole rest of the day. :)

That would be exciting to see a "movie star". If I could recognize them, I'm so awful with names and faces of famous people. We were on the cruise that the first Survivors were on and saw Big Tom & Lex, but they aren't really celebs.

On the Grand Princess, we had judge Wopner on board and Gavin Mcloud (Captain Stubing) Ashford and Simpson and the author of the Love Boat on Board. they all were involved in a mariage cerimony for Valetine's day. On the Star Princess we sat a couple of tables away from Florence Henderson and her daughter.

We were on the Voyager of the Seas, 2 years ago, and I almost plowed over Bowzer, from Sha-na-na fame. He was actually part of the entertainment. He said he would be available for autographs the next night, and would stay until everyone that wanted one, got one. He stayed true to his word and was a very pleasant person.

Then on another cruise I saw NASCAR Busch series driver, Andy Santerre. I was actually laying out by the pool right next to his Pit Crew Chief. Had a nice conversation with him.

Finally, we were on a cruise one time with Tim Allen's (Home Improvement) brother.

We were on a Costa ship a few years ago and I noticed two little people at the purser's desk wearing bright costumes. Turned out he was a Munchkin from the Wizard of Oz movie and his wife dressed in like costume. There were several events, including a trivia contest, with them during the week. From some research I think his name is Clarence Swenson.

While on a Carnival Cruise over Spring Break several years ago - we noticed someone who looked like Tina from Survivor and indeed it was her. We had our pictures taken with her. She was very sweet. This was before the final show aired so she didn't know she won the 1 mil $ at that point. She was crusing with her family.

Don't anyone flame me for saying this .. please .. but "real" celebrities/famous people are probably not going to be on any of the mass market cruise lines while on their vacation. Minor celebs or those that are "less in the limelight" these days may be part of the ship's entertainment, thus you might see them on board. I really doubt if any major celeb would be sighted tho. You stand a far better chance of that in an airport -- particularly LAX, JFK or LAS (Las Vegas) then on a cruise ship. Now if you were on a private yacht you might !!

Charlie Sheen was hiding out in his suite for most of our cruise on the Dawn Princess. He was spotted a couple of times in the elevator hiding behind dark glasses and a baseball cap. I never paid a lot of attention actually but it sure did excite some of the others we knew. :D

Gloria Estefan on the Century back in 2001 and Howie Dorough of the Backstreet Boys on the Carnival Triumph, also in 2001 I think. Both seemed very friendly when approached, but we felt that they deserved their quiet time to relax with their families so never met them.

We were on the Voyager of the Seas, 2 years ago, and I almost plowed over Bowzer, from Sha-na-na fame. He was actually part of the entertainment. He said he would be available for autographs the next night, and would stay until everyone that wanted one, got one. He stayed true to his word and was a very pleasant person.

He was on the AOS in January as well as part of the entertainment.

I have seen many of the Love Boat stars : Gavin McLeod (Captain), Jill Whelan (Vicki), Fred Grundy (Gopher), Bernie Kopel (Doc), Ted Lange (Isaac), and Lauren Tewes(Julie).

Many stars from the Baywatch show. Including David Haselhoff. They were filming onboard.

Red Buttons. In fact I was introduced to him on the ship, cruised with him several times. Then once leaving the Dawn we ended up going to the airport together. I got upgraded to 1st class on the flight, and who comes in to sit next to me but Red ! We chatted the entire flight. He gave me a signed 8X10 glossy.

Those are the ones that come to mind immediately...........

While on the Disney Wonder, my mother and I saw Wayne Brady. We chatted briefly at the buffet, but he traveling with a group of 15 or so children. We figured it was one of his many charities. Best of all, he was just as pleasant as he is on TV!

On a flight going back home from a cruise: Stevie Wonder in first class (we were in coach). At a luau in Hawaii, Bill Dana. I used to work for a retail store that catered to the film industry and we saw celebs all the time. Many of them very nice. It's the production assistants that aren't nice.

A number of years ago we were on an NCL cruise and Dave Cowens from the Boston Celtics and his family were in a cabin quite close to us. Being from the Boston area and die hard Celtics fans my husband was thrilled. Luckily my husband actually sat and had a beer with him. It was a high point on the cruise for my husband.:o

Last summer on the sailing from SFO to HNL, I met a lovely man travelling with his wife and daughter. They were really lovely,cute daughter!, and I talked to him for a long time about why he was sailing. He said they were moving to Honolulu because he was going to be in a pilot TV program there. He said it was suppose to be for the next six months with a possible extension. At the time, I sincerely didn't know who he was. I have learned tho~

Name:Harold Perrineau Jr

TV Program: LOST (Michael)

Archived