Wings over Kauai vs Air Ventures

dalgirl

"We did Blue Hawaiian helicopters in Kauai this past August and it was fantastic, the highlight of our entire trip. Definitely one of the top 2 excursions we have ever done, anywhere.

If you read the posts from people who have done the airplane tours, they most always mention how much $$ they saved over a heli tour. In all fairness, I have never done the plane tour, so I honestly can't compare the two ( and usually neither can those who do the plane ), but I CAN tell you that when we were in those mountain canyons and so close to the walls you felt you could practically reach out and touch them, and dropping down inside the inside of an extinct crater, there were NO airplanes anywhere to be seen anywhere on our tour.

I don't think there is any way a plane ride can compare to the experience you would get on a 'copter due to their ability to hover, drop and make tight turns. If you can afford it, do the 'copter. It is a once in a lifetime you will never forget. "

Thank you so much for your information. I think now we just need to decide open door or not!

• 4 weeks later...

We were in Kauai in November and did the Wings Over Kauai air tour. It was fabulous and the owners - Bruce and Karen - are real gems. We had our picture taken in front of the Cessna before we took off and were given a CD when we got back from the flight. The CD is not of your flight but a flight very similar. It was really great to have the CD when we got home. It brings back wonderful memories of a beautiful island. Aloha.

We just did Wings Over Kauai a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing! Highlight of the trip. Flying over the canyon was pretty bumpy and we heard one of the helicopter pilots radioing that he had to turn back as he had a 'copter full of sick passengers! The helicopters definitely got much lower and closer to the canyon, but I loved our flight. Our family of four had the 6- seater airplane all to ourselves and Bruce was an amazing guide/pilot who really seemed to love his job. We were given little gifts prior to the flight and then a dvd featuring us on the cover (thanks Ellen) of a similar flight when we left!!! I would definitely do this again when I return to Hawaii!

Just as a note, since the CDs were mentioned, Blue Hawaii, not sure about the others, does offer a CD of YOUR flight ( or some sort of computer gizmo, sorry for the technical language:o). They are shooting the video the entire flight and the looks captured on our faces were sometimes priceless:eek:! It is a great souvenir and fun to watch and recapture the moment.