Late Dining at 9:00 PM, is that correct?

Keith Rita

Hello to all RCI cruisers. Out of our 25 cruises we've only cruised twice on RCI ships, the Rhapsody and the Freedom. We just booked a B2B Dec/Jan cruise on the Serenade out NOLA and when we received our docs from our TA this late dining time surprised us. If it's really that late we will switch to anytime or possibly early.

Hello to all RCI cruisers. Out of our 25 cruises we've only cruised twice on RCI ships, the Rhapsody and the Freedom. We just booked a B2B Dec/Jan cruise on the Serenade out NOLA and when we received our docs from our TA this late dining time surprised us. If it's really that late we will switch to anytime or possibly early.

Never seen dinner that late.

Looks like that is correct though.

6:30 and 9PM

Never seen dinner that late.

Looks like that is correct though.

6:30 and 9PM

When we did our b2b on Splendour out of Valparaiso to Sao Paulo Brazil back in 2008, first seating was at 7 and second seating was at 9. From Sao Paulo Brazil to Lisbon first seating was 7:30 and second was at 9:30.

Typically for US based itineraries early seating is 6:00 PM and late seating is 8:30 PM. But some can vary I guess. I would check with RCI directly to confirm the times for your itinerary.

Correct statement, and I would add this seems to be the most common and would note the first evening is often subject to change based on late departures or other factors.

When we did our b2b on Splendour out of Valparaiso to Sao Paulo Brazil back in 2008, first seating was at 7 and second seating was at 9. From Sao Paulo Brazil to Lisbon first seating was 7:30 and second was at 9:30.

More typical I think for international based sailings. The OP is sailng out of NOLA which, as a US based itinerary, would not be typical of the later seatings.

Is MyTime an option? Then you can choose your own dining time.

Our TA is in the process of verifying this time with RCI. If it is correct, as we stated above, we will probably switch to early dining or my time. We did a B2B on the Ryndam with my time, which HAL calls any time dining, and our service varied from very good to poor. When we dined with others the service was fine, but when they seated us by ourselves it was poor.

Archived