NCL Ultimate Beverage Package

KiwiTraveller1

We have a haven suite booked for September and just received the upgrade to the UBP and UDP. YEHHHHHH!! Can anyone tell me how it would be possible to have a few drinks on our balcony in the evening. It seems as though we will have to walk to the nearest bar for each drink. Is that correct? We have an aft balcony and I don't see any stations that would help this work out smoothly.

You can walk to the Haven area and call your butler and order there :)

I'm always a bit sceptical when people say that the UBP saved them money based on what they drink. I'd be far more interested in how it compared to what they spent on their last cruise before buying it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It definitely didn't save us money, but it made our vacation better! I'm too cheap to order a mimosa at breakfast, have a glass of wine with lunch, have a drink in the theater, if paying OOP. A lot of times, when we go out to dinner at home, I'll have a iced tea, and have a glass of wine when I get home, to save money. The UBP kind of forced me to vacation like I was on vacation!

It definitely didn't save us money, but it made our vacation better! I'm too cheap to order a mimosa at breakfast, have a glass of wine with lunch, have a drink in the theater, if paying OOP. A lot of times, when we go out to dinner at home, I'll have a iced tea, and have a glass of wine when I get home, to save money. The UBP kind of forced me to vacation like I was on vacation!

Couldn't have put it better myself, my sentiments entirely. :):D

Thanks for the response. I was also wondering if we could ask for a beer that still had the cap on it. I don't want to cheat but we really like quiet time with just my DH and me.

Not supposed to happen and most likely won't happen.

I want to make sure I'm following this correctly:

1) without the UBP, you are paying full value +15% (tip) for each drink

2) with UBP you are paying $49 per day plus 15% on the face value of whatever you drink (tip)

If that is correct the breakeven point seems to be 6 cocktails (at the $8.50 price point of a Margherita) or 9 beers (at $5.50). Actual dollar value at breakeven looks to be between $56-$58 dollars per day.

When you factor maybe a 3rd of your time you will be off the boat, seems like a stretch to see much benefit.

It's an even worse proposition for me because I would have to get my 3 kids the soda package and they hate soda so that is even more sunk cost.

I want to make sure I'm following this correctly:

1) without the UBP, you are paying full value +15% (tip) for each drink

2) with UBP you are paying $49 per day plus 15% on the face value of whatever you drink (tip)

If that is correct the breakeven point seems to be 6 cocktails (at the $8.50 price point of a Margherita) or 9 beers (at $5.50). Actual dollar value at breakeven looks to be between $56-$58 dollars per day.

When you factor maybe a 3rd of your time you will be off the boat, seems like a stretch to see much benefit.

It's an even worse proposition for me because I would have to get my 3 kids the soda package and they hate soda so that is even more sunk cost.

Yes - just look at the $49 and break that down into drinks.

the 15% is added to both.

oh and it is a ship - not a boat! ;)

The price of the UBP is $49 / pd + 15%. There is no additional gratuity added for each drink order. The 15% does appear on the ticket each time, but you are not charged for this. The bit above about "15% added to both" isn't right.

Edited by triptolemus

The price of the UBP is $49 / pd + 15%. There is no additional gratuity added for each drink order. The 15% does appear on the ticket each time, but you are not charged for this. The bit above about "15% added to both" isn't right.

Rubbish -

drinks are a set price +15% tip

UBP is $49 +15% tip

To clarify:

Rogue 35, you haven't got it quite right. With the UBP you pay $49 a day plus 15% of $49 ($7.35). You do not pay any additional tip based on what you drink. You know exactly what you will pay at the start of the cruise, whatever you drink.

I'm in the same boat as you regarding the soda package, but with just one kid. It makes it not worth it for us, and with three kids you would need to drink a lot to make if worth it.

Isdoo, I think you misread the previous posts. The post before your looks correct to me.

Edited by KeithJenner

Not sure how I have Keith :)

The drinks are all +15% tip as is the drinks package per day.

What have I wrong?

Rogue 35 believed that with the UBP you paid $49 plus 15% of the value of the drinks you consumed (ie the tip you pay depends on what you drink). The post directly above yours was correcting that, and saying that you pay 15% on the $49. This is correct, and is the same as what you have stated.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't really understand why they market it as $49 and then throw the 15% into the fine print. Just say it's $58, but then again I don't work in marketing.

So..... Ship vs Boat..... that's a real thing???????? or is it just tongue in cheek, like runners that pretend to be offended if you call them joggers?

Thanks for the clarification. I don't really understand why they market it as $49 and then throw the 15% into the fine print. Just say it's $58, but then again I don't work in marketing.

So..... Ship vs Boat..... that's a real thing???????? or is it just tongue in cheek, like runners that pretend to be offended if you call them joggers?

A submarine is a boat for example.

A cruiseship is a ship ;)

Sorry if this is out of context here. We are going on a Summer sailing (our second cruise ever) and both my wife and I do not drink any alcohol or coffees. We are a Soda, Juice, Water family. Whilst I drink any, my wife hates the machine watered down sodas and my son does not like water.

Are Soda packages watered down?

Can we get bottled sodas from the shore or board?

Thank you

Sorry if this is out of context here. We are going on a Summer sailing (our second cruise ever) and both my wife and I do not drink any alcohol or coffees. We are a Soda, Juice, Water family. Whilst I drink any, my wife hates the machine watered down sodas and my son does not like water.

Are Soda packages watered down?

Can we get bottled sodas from the shore or board?

Thank you

Not sure about them being watered down but I guess not.

Simply answer is yes you can bring bottles on board and what's more as many as you like. Enjoy :)

It's real. I've heard it as a ship can carry a boat - i.e. the lifeboats. I've never seen a boat carrying a ship, LOL.