The 'order' of disembarking

SandraLee

This cruise, I'll be driving to port. So, I'm going to want to get off as quickly as possible to get in the car for the long drive home.

If I choose to 'walk off' with my luggage, what time would that be (about)?

How is the disembark 'colors' determined?

If I choose to not keep my luggage, how can I influence being in an early group?

If you choose to walk off, you will be the first group to get off the ship. It is going to depend what time Customs starts to clear.

As for getting off early if you dont carry luggage yourself, I guess you could lie and say you have a really early flight. They do take your request into consideration.

Anyone know how the order of disembark colors are determined if you do not have a flight?

They don't use different colors anymore, all tags are green. But the usual order is full suites, then Pinnacle/D+/Emerald/Platinum, then Gold, then everybody else. I think they work early flights into that mix. On some ships, they go strictly by the time you say you're going to leave when you give them that information, so a high C&A status won't do any good.

If you choose to walk off, you will be the first group to get off the ship. It is going to depend what time Customs starts to clear.

As for getting off early if you dont carry luggage yourself, I guess you could lie and say you have a really early flight. They do take your request into consideration.

You don't need to lie. Unless there's a very high demand for early tags, you can just ask for them for no reason at all.

That is correct. The OP wants to leave as early as possible.

Hi Molly - I just disembarked from Jewel this morning. By 8:15am they had already called tags 1-10. Please remember that the parking garage is across the street.

Love that! The last time we disembarked in FLL off the Independence and retrieving luggage was a mess. I'm looking forward to just rolling mine off, walking across the street and driving away.

Thanks for all the great help.

Disembarkation took much longer than expected on our Allure cruise - 2 hrs. from the time we got in the line until we were out hailing a cab. If you want peace of mind, you might want to leave earlier than you think you need to. Better to sit longer at the airport than to miss the flight. Based on the crowds at FLL, getting there early would also ensure you a seat to sit in while you wait.

Once off the ship, is the luggage in different areas by colour or number. How do you find your luggage?

Does anybody actually look at your disembarkment tag to see if you are leaving at the correct time?

We will be on the Independence with a 12:55pm flight to Canada.

Looks like a lot of people have all kinds of excuses to be first. What about the early flyers. Driving home should be secondary to those flying early. But if you can get off early more power to you. Have a good trip. Don't mean this post to be snotty.

Not all the time and I am not taking your post snotty.

My sister and I boarded out kitten for 16 days and the vet closed at noon on the day we got back. Since we were driving 3 to 4 hours back home we had to leave with the early flyers. Othewise it would have been two more days before we could have gotten our pet. There are other legitimate reasons for leaving the ship early besides flying.

Once off the ship, is the luggage in different areas by colour or number. How do you find your luggage?

Does anybody actually look at your disembarkment tag to see if you are leaving at the correct time?

We will be on the Independence with a 12:55pm flight to Canada.

The luggage is grouped by numbers. You go to your number to find your bag. You can get off anytime you want, but if they haven't called your number yet, your bags may not be available and you may have to wait. If you get off after your number has been called it won't hurt. Your bag will be there when you get off.

I believe that the departure time and method of departure from the port you provide in your online registration determines what baggage tag numbers you will be provided. For those who are in Suites or are D and above C&A members the applicable Concierge can provide baggage tags. Handicapped can also get baggage tags for early departure. These are not iron clad rules and are subject to change at the whim of the hotel director or on direction provided by HQ in Miami. Best to ask after boarding what the process will be if you need to get off early.

Also, arrival at the port may not be at the prescribed time and may cause severe delays when you finally dock.

Keep in mind if they say self-disembarking (carrying your own luggage off) starts at 7:00 a.m. (for example), don't leave to go get in line at 6:50 a.m. and think you will walk right off. As with anything else, the lining up begins a bit earlier and there will be MANY other folks with the same idea.

concur.

we are usually in the first group called AFTER self disembark.

we also get to see the VERY long line of people that is often at a complete stand still for 5-10 minutes at a go while we are waiting for our number to be called.

when our number is called, we have little to no wait until we get to Customs and catch up the last dregs of the self disembark people.

So we have a 12:30 flight out of Orlando and our port is Canaveral. We have a car service picking us up at 9:30. How do I make sure that I can disembark and get out to the limo between 9:30 and 10:00 ?

Should I self disembark - but I thought you had to leave at 7:00 ? Shoudl I ask for an 8:30 or does it work differently ( newbie here ) Thanks

When you are given a departure ticket for a time, it just means that your group is called to leave. It does not mean you MUST leave. You can leave anythime after the time. You just can't leave if you are given a ticket that has not been called.

Thanks

so that would work for self disembarkation - we could leave whenever we wanted ? Its me, my husband and two big teen boys and we pack light... so not worries about luggage.

How long to get through customs ? 30 minutes ?

Thanks

so that would work for self disembarkation - we could leave whenever we wanted ? Its me, my husband and two big teen boys and we pack light... so not worries about luggage.

How long to get through customs ? 30 minutes ?

It can take five minutes.

it can take several hours.

there's just so many variables there is no real way to guesstimate how long it can take.

[quote name='SandraLee']Anyone know how the order of disembark colors are determined if you do not have a flight?[/quote]

I thought it was the survey you filled out where you pick your preferred departure. At least that's what we did on Allure

Archived