Itinerary Change - Fascination

JdoggCruiser

YES YES YES YES no Key West going to the beautiful Little Stirrup Cay!!

Don't believe you have Carnival to thank for this. Seems like Key West is in negotiations with the Navy who is closing the pier except for government traffic.

in reading some of the local blogs it seems a lot of the long time locals could care less if another cruise ship ever docks there.

Will be interesting to see how much they will miss the cruise ships once they are no longer there.

Now if we could replace Nassau I would be one happy camper.....LOL

Well it looks like I am going to Little Stirrup Cay, which is giving me more time in Nassau-which i know I am weird , I like. And I've never been to Little Stirrup Cay, like going new places. Wonder if it will affect the price of the cruise, as the taxes would be different. Can't check on the web site, as my cruise no longer shows up right now. Only the email from Carnival letting me know of the change. I will check again tomorrow.

well , my group of 4 was looking forward to Key West.

Carnival has lost us as that is why we booked this cruise.

We will be getting our refund.

I live 90 miles from the Alabama beaches and 90 miles from Florida beaches.

If I want to do the beach thing, I can drive there cheaper.

My wife and I went to KeyWest about 5 years ago and I hurt my leg so we did not get a good go at it, plus my father inlaw and sister inlaw were looking forward to this trip.

My brother and his wife were going a week later, they will change or cancel

Ref the lease issue, I have a friend living on the island. He is employed by RCI and just took another 3 month contract on the island.

Another three months in paradise! Although, as one lifeguard (could have been your friend) I spoke to at Cococay noted, "Yeah, it's great except for one big problem: not enough women." :D

Snorkel off the beach! It's nice. We love this little island so much!

This.

RCCL has done a great job putting things in the water -- old planes, cannons, etc. -- to encourage coral reef growth, and the snorkeling there was absolutely amazing! From the beach, go to the right near the floating snorkeling docks, and you'll see hundreds of yellowtail and other fish. I felt like I was swimming through entire clouds of them! Hint: they feed the fish near one of the lifeguard stations out there, and that's where you'll find 'em. :)

I'm not sure if the snorkeling at HMC is as good, but CocoCay would be hard to beat.

I'm glad that we got to go to Key West when on the Fascination a couple of weeks ago. I would have been disappointed if they had taken Key West away and gave us a private island instead. I thoroughly enjoyed our time there, and there is probably no way I would have gone to Key West on a land vacation.

For us Key West is simply boring. Now if only they can get rid of Nassasu....

I agree with them getting rid of Nassau, but to be honest we love Key West, and thats the main reason why we chose this itinerary. We look forward to going to the historical parts, the shops and hanging out at Fat Tuesdays. Little Stirrup is going to be beautiful, but if I wanted a day at a beach I wouldve gone the Nassau/Half Moon Cay route?

Archived