Itinerary Change - Fascination

JdoggCruiser

It looks like the changes are based on the port schedule. Since the outer mole pier wont be available they cant dock if the other piers are in use, but if its a day where there is an opening on one of the other piers they can still dock.

I guess some other type of vessal is docking, because according to all the cruise schedules, the Fascination was the only Cruise Ship in Key west on the days scheduled.

well , my group of 4 was looking forward to Key West.

Carnival has lost us as that is why we booked this cruise.

We will be getting our refund.

At least they are giving you the option to cancel. Cruise lines can change ports whenever they want. They often don't give advance notice. I think Carnival is being more than generous here.

Hope you are able to find another vacation that suits you. Perhaps a land trip to Key West?

Our cruise for December 9th (that I just booked last Friday night...especially to go to Key West) was changed...I didn't receive the memo but noticed it when I went on-line to check prices...I called Carnival and they confirmed this and they have changed me to a cruise in November instead that still will go to Key West....I told them that a cruise to Key West and Little Stirrup Cay would be great .... but as bad as I dislike Nassau I try to book as many cruises as I can that go to Key West. We loved Half Moon Cay the year we went there....but my husband isn't a "beach person" ... all we did there was get off the ship - take the tender - and walk up the beach - turn around get back on the tender and go back to the ship.

I guess some other type of vessal is docking, because according to all the cruise schedules, the Fascination was the only Cruise Ship in Key west on the days scheduled.

That is not accurate. The Majesty of the Seas comes in to Key West every Thursday and the effected cruises are cruises on which Fascination would have been here on a Thursday.

Here is a link to the Key West cruise ship calendar.

http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.php

What I find intersting is, other ships are still scheduled to use the Outer Mole (OM), including Imagination.

That is not accurate. The Majesty of the Seas comes in to Key West every Thursday and the effected cruises are cruises on which Fascination would have been here on a Thursday.

Here is a link to the Key West cruise ship calendar.

http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.php

What I find intersting is, other ships are still scheduled to use the Outer Mole (OM), including Imagination.

The Fascination is scheduled for Wednesdays, not Thursdays on the itenerary. It's the only ship in port according the link.

The Fascination is scheduled for Wednesdays, not Thursdays on the itenerary. It's the only ship in port according the link.

You are correct....sorry. I thought you were talking about the canceled days. I just re-read and saw you were talking about the days they are still scheduled to come here.

You are correct....sorry. I thought you were talking about the canceled days. I just re-read and saw you were talking about the days they are still scheduled to come here.

The cancelled days as well. According to the link, it's suppose to be in Key West on March 13, a Wednesday, and it is the only ship listed for the port. However, the March 11 sailing is one which was changed.

The cancelled days as well. According to the link, it's suppose to be in Key West on March 13, a Wednesday, and it is the only ship listed for the port. However, the March 11 sailing is one which was changed.

I never saw the original itinerary. Was the Nassau day changed? In other words, were they going to Key West first? The new itinerary has them in LSC on Thursday.

I never saw the original itinerary. Was the Nassau day changed? In other words, were they going to Key West first? The new itinerary has them in LSC on Thursday.

The original was Wednesday Key West, Thursday Nassau. The new one has Nassau first, then the Cay.

If you notice the link you posted, it has the Fascenation every other Wednesday, which was the original.

Wonder if they are looking for another stop for the ones not changed?

It's peeked my curiosity.

There is so little info about the cay, I was hoping the price of our cruise would go down, since there are so many taxes associated with docking at Key West-but so far the price is the same and I hope that Carnival is not keeping it so to justify any payment that has to be made to RCL. I am grateful to spend more time in Nassau, and the group I am cruising with did not want to change the cruise (even though they were the ones that wanted Key West) (I wanted Mexico or a private island) so I guess I got my wish, but a bit disappointed. Yes I love the beach, but since my DH is now seriously fighting skin cancer, another beach day is not so whooppee if you know what I mean.

There is so little info about the cay, I was hoping the price of our cruise would go down, since there are so many taxes associated with docking at Key West-but so far the price is the same and I hope that Carnival is not keeping it so to justify any payment that has to be made to RCL. I am grateful to spend more time in Nassau, and the group I am cruising with did not want to change the cruise (even though they were the ones that wanted Key West) (I wanted Mexico or a private island) so I guess I got my wish, but a bit disappointed. Yes I love the beach, but since my DH is now seriously fighting skin cancer, another beach day is not so whooppee if you know what I mean.

The price won't go down solely becuase of a change in ports. The port taxes & fees are not included in the cruise fare. Any change in port fees/taxes, etc becuase of a port change will be refunded to your sign & sail account.

well , my group of 4 was looking forward to Key West.

Carnival has lost us as that is why we booked this cruise.

We will be getting our refund.

I live 90 miles from the Alabama beaches and 90 miles from Florida beaches.

If I want to do the beach thing, I can drive there cheaper.

My wife and I went to KeyWest about 5 years ago and I hurt my leg so we did not get a good go at it, plus my father inlaw and sister inlaw were looking forward to this trip.

My brother and his wife were going a week later, they will change or cancel

We were really looking forward to a day at Key West as well. Were you successful in getting a full refund, not a credit on another cruise? Sorry to hear you vacation had to canceled.

I'm a Key West lover, but from Ecstasy. Their hours are/or were noon to 8 P.M. Each time we were at OM for docking. Has this ship been affected?

I just checked our itinerary - going in March - we are docking at Mallory Square and still going to KW. Looks to be ok - hope it stays that way! Not that I would mind Little Stirrup Cay at all, but we booked THIS run instead of one the week prior specifically FOR Key West - unlike some, we genuinely enjoy the character of the town. Of course, you have to look a little deeper than the goofy tourist shops and bars - but if you take your time, wander and chat with the locals, you will have a great time in KW. (you know - be a traveler, not a tourist ... ) For those there the first time, the museums, etc are great - but in my opinion, if you only looked at the surface, you'd miss KW - and it sounds like many on this board have.

As to LSC - hopefully they serve the Coco Locos that RCCL has! YUMMY!

I personally loved stopping at Key West on our Fascination cruise. To those saying it's boring, wonder what you thought was boring about it.

We were able to disembark at 7:30. Walked to the southernmost point, and took in some of that area before leisurely walking back up Duval Street towards Hemingway House. If that doesn't interest you, you can have a nice breakfast at any of the restaurants there. Yes--breakfast is free on the ship, but if you were in Key West on a land vacation, you'd have to get breakfast anyway, so what's the difference between doing that from a ship or a land restaurant.

There are plenty of water sports you can do in Key West, they do have a couple of beaches, though from what I hear, not the greatest of beaches. They have museums--probably more interesting than many larger cities. Yes, I really would have liked to have been able to witness the Sunset Celebration, but when you're on a cruise, you have to go by their schedule, no matter what port it is.

So, really, after 7 cruises and 21 different ports, I fail to see why Key West should be getting as much hate as a couple of posters here are giving it.

I just checked our itinerary - going in March - we are docking at Mallory Square and still going to KW. Looks to be ok - hope it stays that way!

Just a note...CCL does not dock at Mallory Square. Only very small ships can dock there. You will likely be at the Westin dock (Pier B).

carnival.jpg

Ok, after much scheduling juggling - hotel reservation, dog & house sitters, newspaper & mail and last but not least, work schedules, I called Carnival early this morning to request info on rescheduling our cruise. The cruise was already paid in full. The GS cabin I'd already paid for was not available on the next week's cruise, but a GS extended balcony was available. It was changed with no penalities and no extra charges - just like the letter said. She did tell me if I had not called today (the 5th day from receipt of the letter), the penalities for changing would equal approx $1600.00. Our hotel reservation was made with reward points - I was thinking that would be lost but no! I called the rewards line directly. The rep told me if I canceled/changed through the hotel, I'd have lost those points forever. But he changed the reservation, used the points previously applied, and I have the new confirmation printed out. When Carnival changed the date of the cruise from 3/11 to 3/16 sailing, my booking number remains the same. Of course, I'll have to print a new boarding pass and luggage tags, but I'm happy about how easy it was to make the change. Hubby & I don't care for "beach" days and had our hearts set on Key West. I also asked which dock the Fascination would use in Key West - Pier B, Westin. Thank you Carnival! Key West here we come!

Archived