Island Princess Horizon Buffet

KCI

This will be our first time on Princess...

I have read lots of reviews and it appears that if you go to the buffet for breakfast or any other meal, you must get in a line and go the entire length of the buffet and get everything you want before being seated...what happens if you want more of something or something you didn't take the first time around....do you have to get in some huge line again and go through the entire buffet again to get to what you need or want?

The buffet is laid out in stations, not a long line as in a cafeteria. So you can skip around from station to station. There usually is a line to enter, but once you're already in or already seated, there's no problem going back and forth between stations to grab what you want. I mean, you may have a few people waiting ahead of you at the salad or dessert station, for example, but it's nothing like having to go back to the front door to get in one long line.

Hope that explanation helps and didn't confuse you more!

This is our 1st Princess cruise and we will sail on Island Princess on Feb 26.

Have read lots of reviews and it appears that to eat at the Horizon buffet at any meal, you must get in a line and choose all the foods you want before being seated. What happens if you decide you want more of the same food or something you passed over the first time? Do you have to get at the end of a long line and go through the whole process again or can you just go to the section that contains your desired item, retrieve it and go and sit and enjoy it????

Have never seen long lines.

Stations.

Just go back and get more.

Have read lots of reviews and it appears that to eat at the Horizon buffet at any meal, you must get in a line and choose all the foods you want before being seated. What happens if you decide you want more of the same food or something you passed over the first time? Do you have to get at the end of a long line and go through the whole process again or can you just go to the section that contains your desired item, retrieve it and go and sit and enjoy it????
Not true and it's been decades since I've stood in a real line in the Horizon Court. As said, the food is in stations and you can get as much or as little as you want and come back for more.

Where there can be a line is in the Cafe Caribe if your ship has one and it's open. This is a much smaller buffet in the aft section of the entire buffet area. It has some but not all of the items as the Horizon Court and sometimes has specially themed dishes. Since it's so much smaller and has only a couple of stations, it can tend to have a line. Except some evenings when the ship is at sea, the Cafe Carib and Horizon Court are both open so you're not forced to go to the smaller buffet area.

I have read lots of reviews and it appears that if you go to the buffet for breakfast or any other meal, you must get in a line and go the entire length of the buffet and get everything you want before being seated...what happens if you want more of something or something you didn't take the first time around....do you have to get in some huge line again and go through the entire buffet again to get to what you need or want?

The Horizon Court on the Island does have various "stations". There is one line with spaces for 8-10 hot foods, a carving station and then space for 8-10 hot foods. You should go through this line from one end to the other, unless there are just a few people when you could skip past the carving station to the second half of the line. There are four other sections that can be accessed separately as well as a station for soups. You can go to any of those sections separately.

It's not THAT formal. Its like any other cruise out there, you want something else, go and get something else. You want a new big plate...well then you should probably wait in line with your other passengers who are waiting for a plate.

When I went in November, there were never long lines. If you're looking for a make your own omelette at breakfast time, hit up the pizza area by the pool. The chef there will make them for you and also has waffles and pancakes with all the fixings. I never saw another soul there on our 10 day cruise. More for me!

The Horizon Court on the Island does have various "stations". There is one line with spaces for 8-10 hot foods, a carving station and then space for 8-10 hot foods. You should go through this line from one end to the other, unless there are just a few people when you could skip past the carving station to the second half of the line. There are four other sections that can be accessed separately as well as a station for soups. You can go to any of those sections separately.

As shown below

980814980812HorizonCourtbuffetdeck14DSC01077_zpsf745d0f4.jpg

Archived