New to NCL - dining question

Hunwolf

We sail on the Sky in June for our first NCL cruise. I had a question about the dining. Can you reserve the fee restaurants in advance? I didn't see an option on-line even after we paid off the cruise. Do we reserve when we board or do you just show up as first come-first served?

Also, any dining suggestions on the Sky would be appreciated. It's me, the misses, and our 11 yo daughter. Thx!

We sail on the Sky in June for our first NCL cruise. I had a question about the dining. Can you reserve the fee restaurants in advance? I didn't see an option on-line even after we paid off the cruise. Do we reserve when we board or do you just show up as first come-first served?

Also, any dining suggestions on the Sky would be appreciated. It's me, the misses, and our 11 yo daughter. Thx!

You'll be able to reserve them online once you're 45 days out.

I believe that at 45 days out from your cruise you can book reservations for the Specialty Restaurants. You also can make reservations once you are on board ship. In the Main Dining Rooms, you just show up when you want to eat.

Enjoy The Sky and your cruise.

A limited number of seats are available for advance reservations (before you board). However, except for Teppanyaki, which is very popular and has limited seating, all the rest are easily reserved once you are on board. There is a reservations desk somewhere in the lobby area. You can get reservations for that evening by reserving that morning...easily, in my experience. And...unless it is right at peak dining time, you can usually just walk up to all of them and get in without reservations. For restaurants, we like Le Bistro. Also I think the Italian one is a bargain for just the $10 pp cover...assuming that is still the price. We haven't been on the Sky, so this is reference other ships we have been on.

Thanks everyone. This is very helpful!

Looking forward to it. We are combining this cruise with a stay at the Marriott Villas at Doral. I really like some of NCL's longer itineraries and we want to get a feel for the line.

You will be able to book when you are at the 45-day mark. You will have to pay for the reservation at the time of booking with a credit card. If you have onboard credit, it would be best to wait and book when you get to the ship because you can use any onboard credit that you may have coming to you. Also, when booking ahead of time, only about 35 percent of all reservations are put into the "reservation pool." Finally, with three people, you may have some issues. I have seen several reports of people saying they could only make reservations for even amounts of people like two, four, six.

A limited number of seats are available for advance reservations (before you board). However, except for Teppanyaki, which is very popular and has limited seating, all the rest are easily reserved once you are on board. There is a reservations desk somewhere in the lobby area. You can get reservations for that evening by reserving that morning...easily, in my experience. And...unless it is right at peak dining time, you can usually just walk up to all of them and get in without reservations. For restaurants, we like Le Bistro. Also I think the Italian one is a bargain for just the $10 pp cover...assuming that is still the price. We haven't been on the Sky, so this is reference other ships we have been on.

Italian restaurant has gone up to $15 a person. They also recently revamped the menu.

LeBistro is top notch!

Also, no Teppanayki on the Sky.

OP, your 11-year-old will also be half price at any of the specialty restaurants.

Archived