Favorite Caribbean license plates

bus man

This may be only tangentally related to cruising, but I'm curious. As you're traveling around the various Caribbean islands on your shore excursions, do you ever notice the license plates on the vehicles around you? I don't mean the little plastic souvenir things you can buy; I mean the actual registration plates like the ones that adorn your own car back home.

If you do notice them, then which island(s) do you think have the best/most interesting/most attractive/your favorite designs and styles?

This may be only tangentally related to cruising, but I'm curious. As you're traveling around the various Caribbean islands on your shore excursions, do you ever notice the license plates on the vehicles around you? I don't mean the little plastic souvenir things you can buy; I mean the actual registration plates like the ones that adorn your own car back home.

If you do notice them, then which island(s) do you think have the best/most interesting/most attractive/your favorite designs and styles?

I have bought a couple in Aruba. Very reasonable like $3. It says "Aruba - One Happy Island."

Aruba's are nice. I found one with numbers that have our wedding date....well actually the 8 was a 3 and hubby painted so it would become an 8. 718

Well that is sweet! Wish I could find another one and do the same. Our 25th anniversary is this year and our anniversary is 9-10-88 AND we went to Aruba for our honeymoon. Now you have given me an idea! Thanks!

Well that is sweet! Wish I could find another one and do the same. Our 25th anniversary is this year and our anniversary is 9-10-88 AND we went to Aruba for our honeymoon. Now you have given me an idea! Thanks!

You're quite welcome. We didn't honeymoon in Aruba, but did a land based. I don't know where I got the ideaImageUploadedByTapatalk1362014449.739086.jpg.f4d025febe9a89abae17c9650d0f0283.jpg but I was a nut racing from store to store looking for one. He found it and I whined that the three was not an eight, so he came up with the brilliant idea to make it an eight. Came out great didn't it? ;)

What a great idea to take a pic of a local plate to date the pictures. Super thought. My very favorite plate tho is the one on the back of any cruise ship that I am on. Only time I can see it is when we are in port and too busy to take the pic. Tried to take one by leaning over the stern rail. Almost fell overboard and it came out upside down anyway. ;)

You're quite welcome. We didn't honeymoon in Aruba, but did a land based. I don't know where I got the idea[ATTACH]262272[/ATTACH] but I was a nut racing from store to store looking for one. He found it and I whined that the three was not an eight, so he came up with the brilliant idea to make it an eight. Came out great didn't it? ;)

Love it! The only thing that would have made it even better is if your first name were Mary or Melinda, and your last name were Adams or Alexander. :)

We have taken dozens and dozens of Caribbean cruises and I have never though to look at the license plates.

Something new for me to do.

Thanks for the idea.

Next time someone asks you, don't you get bored taking the same cruises to the same places and doing the same things, you can show them this! :) There is ALWAYS something new and different to experience on each and every cruise!

I've gotten so many wonderful ideas from my fellow Cruise Critics, so I'm happy to return the favor!

Need everybody's help here. This thread has given me an idea. I would love to get a license plate from Aruba and have our anniversary date on the tag. The plates I have already from Aruba would not be able to be made into 9-10-88.

Any ideas? I looked at Ebay and there were some plates from 1988 and also had a "V," which conveniently is our last name - VanHoose. I am trying to look at the plates listed and see if I can convert them somehow but I am coming up with no luck. Maybe someone else can look at the plates and tell me if you see 9-10 or a way to make it look like 9-10 or 9-10-88. Thanks! I am also open to any other ideas.

Since you can order vanity plates from your BMV for your own vehicle, I wonder if there's a way to special-order license plates from one of the islands' BMV's, without having to register your vehicle?

Very good idea. I think I will check into this tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion! Any others?

Need everybody's help here. This thread has given me an idea. I would love to get a license plate from Aruba and have our anniversary date on the tag. The plates I have already from Aruba would not be able to be made into 9-10-88.

Any ideas? I looked at Ebay and there were some plates from 1988 and also had a "V," which conveniently is our last name - VanHoose. I am trying to look at the plates listed and see if I can convert them somehow but I am coming up with no luck. Maybe someone else can look at the plates and tell me if you see 9-10 or a way to make it look like 9-10 or 9-10-88. Thanks! I am also open to any other ideas.

It's a little pricey, but here's a way to get exactly what you're looking for:

http://www.licenseplates.tv/aruba-645.html

You can customize the one on the left, but it will only take a maximum of 6 characters, including spaces and dashes.

If this doesn't work, you could take a cruise to Aruba and pay an in-person visit to their DMV! :)

Love it! The only thing that would have made it even better is if your first name were Mary or Melinda, and your last name were Adams or Alexander. :)

I love it too. Drove DH mad looking for one plate. It just came to me one day and I said let's look! Lucked up too ;)

Archived