Easy Saver - Price Drops...... Confusing

gecko12

I haven't cruised Carnival since the 90's. I booked Easy Saver at the time. Now there is a "Past Guest Saves Big" rate that wasn't available when I booked. Can I get the rate difference as OBC? Final payment has not been paid.

Was it Easy Saver or Early Saver? That will make the difference. Easy Saver does not allow any price matching, and Carnival picks your room for you. Early Saver does allow price matching if it's for the same sailing, same category, same number of people, and your category is not sold out. But with the new pricing scheme, I guess there is a type of Early Saver that would not allow price matching, I think. I'm still trying to figure it out.

I haven't cruised Carnival since the 90's. I booked Easy Saver at the time. Now there is a "Past Guest Saves Big" rate that wasn't available when I booked. Can I get the rate difference as OBC? Final payment has not been paid.

You can call them up and theyll actually take it off of your bill and you can get an upgrade as well if you qualify on your cabin category if it's Early Saver.

I missed Early Saver by 1 day. I did Easy Saver and picked my cabin. Currently there are lower rates available for same number of people, sail date and cabin category. I thought price protection was for after final payment and that all other categories lower prices would be honored as OBC prior to final payment.

Was it Easy Saver or Early Saver? That will make the difference. Easy Saver does not allow any price matching, and Carnival picks your room for you. Early Saver does allow price matching if it's for the same sailing, same category, same number of people, and your category is not sold out. But with the new pricing scheme, I guess there is a type of Early Saver that would not allow price matching, I think. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Easy Saver says "Pick your own room"????

EARLY saver you pick your own room. To get the EARLY SAVER you have to book 3 months in advance of 5 night or less cruises, 5 months in advance for 6 night or more cruises. Then you are eligible to get OBC if your rate drops below what you booked. With all our CCL cruises, we have NEVER gotten a DIME in OBC. I think it's because we always cruise from Manhattan and there are so few sailings from here that the ships fill up. I just checked our May Splendor cruise and there are only 2 cabins left in our category on the whole ship, so I am not hopeful! :(

OP, are you booking yourself? If you go to the CCL website, when you get to "your rate" they will have a list. There are check marks that show what you can do. The only booked rate that you can't pick your stateroom (according to what I just looked at) is INSTANT SAVER. Might be others during a sale. :confused:

I booked this cruise on Feb. 4th. It's a 5 nt cruise for May 3rd. I think I just got unlucky, booked early but not early enough. I check availability and prices everyday if I would have known Carnival does not honor price reductions for my code (Easy Saver) prior to final payment than I would have waited longer to watch prices. On my booking there is no Instant Saver, it's called Super Saver. There's currently "Save Big" and "Past guests save Big" that are better rates than mine. Oh well...

You CAN get a reduction in your rate if you are before final payment. ANY rate code can get the price reduction before final payment. AFTER final payment, only EARLY saver can get the OBC. If you have another rate code, you can still get an upgrade after final payment if you see a price drop for a higher category.

The person above was confusing EASY saver with SUPER saver. With Easy saver you can still pick your cabin but it means that it was closer to sailing date and Early saver was no longer available. Super saver is the guarantee rate where they pick your cabin for you.

Maggie

So we now have easy saver, early saver, instant saver, super saver, super saver plus, past guest saver, save big, fun select, fun select plus and on some sailings, exotic cruise - past guest rates????? Talk about confusing!!!!

YES!!

And to make things worse, it is hard to tell what cabin category you are booking now (8C, 4A, etc.) with the way they have you select your cabin. So when you go to price match, it is more difficult! Especially now that the fare viewer hasn't been working and you have to do a mock booking.

Maggie

You CAN get a reduction in your rate if you are before final payment. ANY rate code can get the price reduction before final payment. AFTER final payment, only EARLY saver can get the OBC. If you have another rate code, you can still get an upgrade after final payment if you see a price drop for a higher category.

Maggie

Maggie,

The PVP just told me my code (Easy Saver) did not match for any price reductions (OBC) even though it's before final payment.

The person above was confusing EASY saver with SUPER saver. With Easy saver you can still pick your cabin but it means that it was closer to sailing date and Early saver was no longer available. Super saver is the guarantee rate where they pick your cabin for you.

Maggie

According to information put out before all these changes on 12/3/2012, the only fare code to receive PRICE PROTECTION is Early Saver. Easy Saver does not qualify and it has $50 fee pp for any changes made.

This info is on a 6 page "Carnival Cruise Fares Effective December 3, 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions."

I believe it was posted from GOCCL which is the TA website for booking Carnival Cruises.

Do a search - maybe it's still available.

According to information put out before all these changes on 12/3/2012, the only fare code to receive PRICE PROTECTION is Early Saver. Easy Saver does not qualify and it has $50 fee pp for any changes made.

This info is on a 6 page "Carnival Cruise Fares Effective December 3, 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions."

I believe it was posted from GOCCL which is the TA website for booking Carnival Cruises.

Do a search - maybe it's still available.

I have an Easy Saver rate booked for June and just got a $50 price reduction. No cancelling and no change fee needed?

Hmmm. It does say this on the Funville forum:

"Easy Saver

The Easy Saver fare is available after the Early Saver fare closes and allows you to choose your own cabin based on your personal preferences. If you cancel after paying the deposit and prior to final payment, you will receive a future cruise credit minus a $50 service fee per person. If the price drops after booking, you are not eligible for price protection and can not get the lower rate."

Wonder how I got the $50 credit?

Maggie

Archived