Laundry on Regatta

wailea4me

This will be our first time sailing with Oceania so no experience with laundry facilities. I read different posts that said there is only one self-service laundry room on Regatta and don't bother trying to get in. Also read that if we send our laundry out, it comes back folded in a bag so pants and shirts are not pressed.

Is this all true? Is it possible to get shirts/pants laundered and pressed? Is there a link on the Oceania website with prices of laundering/cleaning?

This will be our first time sailing with Oceania so no experience with laundry facilities. I read different posts that said there is only one self-service laundry room on Regatta and don't bother trying to get in. Also read that if we send our laundry out, it comes back folded in a bag so pants and shirts are not pressed.

Is this all true? Is it possible to get shirts/pants laundered and pressed? Is there a link on the Oceania website with prices of laundering/cleaning?

There is only one laundry room and in 10 cruises I have never had a problem using it.

You can have anything pressed that you want by the laundry service. It comes back just like it would from a professional cleaner. You can also press your own in the laundry room.

We have never used the laundry service so can't help there, but it doesn't sound right to me.

As to the self-service laundry, we use it all the time. Yes, with so few machines on Regatta and Nautica the laundry room can get crowded. But we're rarely had a problem getting a machine. It's a question of WHEN you choose to do your laundry. It it's a sea day, you'll probably find everyone else has the same idea.

We tend to eat dinner later (say around 7:45-8:15) and so I find cocktail hour is a good time. On port days if you choose to stay on board you should discover that most people are out on tours.

I'd never say it's not worth trying to get a machine.

Mura

I think the reference to the laundry not being pressed was the one price bag service (which is new)

I have never had a problem with the laundry room either just do not go first thing in the morning or on a sea day ;)

Things I have sent out do come back folded & pressed

It is too bad that they cannot find room on another deck for a 2nd laundry room

Lyn

I think the reference to the laundry not being pressed was the one price bag service (which is new)

I have never had a problem with the laundry room either just do not go first thing in the morning or on a sea day ;)

Things I have sent out do come back folded & pressed

It is too bad that they cannot find room on another deck for a 2nd laundry room

Lyn

While the laundry room on Regatta (and the other 2 R Ships) can get congested at times it is all about selecting the right time to go. I use to wait until early evening and rarely had a problem.

As far as sending out trousers etc they usually come back on hangers.

I agree that it is a shame Oceania can't find somewhere to put in another laundry. One of the best things on Marina was the laundry rooms on all stateroom floors.

Archived