Text from RCI?

fpcruiser

Yesterday I booked a cruise during the WOW sale. This morning at 4:30am, I received a text from a 561 exchange. It said my name- WOW. That was all.

WOW (npi), never heard of RCI texting before. Maybe just a coincidence?

no, I don't have a smart phone and don't do twitter. Unfortunetly I deleted the message right away so I don't have the #, I just remembered the exchange.

I assume you actually mean area code when you say exchange.

The exchange is the middle three digits in a 10-digit number (it would be then XXX in a phone number that looks like AAA-XXX-NNNN).

Since text messages can have faked source addresses, it's impossible to be completely sure that it came from where you think it did. It's possible that it was merely a test notification that Royal Caribbean could use in the event they need to send you a status update on embarkation day, I suppose.

I assume you actually mean area code when you say exchange.

The exchange is the middle three digits in a 10-digit number (it would be then XXX in a phone number that looks like AAA-XXX-NNNN).

Since text messages can have faked source addresses, it's impossible to be completely sure that it came from where you think it did. It's possible that it was merely a test notification that Royal Caribbean could use in the event they need to send you a status update on embarkation day, I suppose.

I think it was the area code but not sure . Those were the #'s near the beginning but since I was half asleep(at 4:30am) I don't remember for sure.

Yesterday I booked a cruise during the WOW sale. This morning at 4:30am, I received a text from a 561 exchange. It said my name- WOW. That was all.

With a little research I found that area code 561 is in Florid and is assigned to the Palm Beach area. AHHH half the mystery solved.

Archived