Taking Photos

gsrunyan

Does Celebrity permit photo taking during shows? I saw images this morning from the show on Celebrity Silhouette on a photography site taken by a passenger.

Glenn:cool:

Hi,:) regular photos, yes....videos.....no.

It actually depends on the show. For their large production numbers they say at the very beginning that due to copy-write laws, photos are not allowed. They also state that flash photography during the show is not allowed for the safety of the performers. That being said, I have witnessed both several time while cruising and watching shows. The answer is NOT ALLOWED, but in reality it happens often

Does Celebrity permit photo taking during shows? I saw images this morning from the show on Celebrity Silhouette on a photography site taken by a passenger. Glenn:cool:

On a sister ship to the Celebrity Silhouette, I took lots of pictures during our various shows. See below. BUT, I was not using a flash. Did available light. In my opinion, having flashes going off would be highly disruptive to those in the audience trying to enjoy the show, plus not always best for the performers to be bothered that way. Didn't know video was a no-no. My Nikon SLR looks and acts like a 35mm camera, but also can shoot 1080HD video.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 120,835 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For entertainment in the Solstice Theatre, it was called “Solstice -- The Show” featuring a European-style dance, air acts, music, etc. Very dramatic and interesting as they swing, twirl and soar over the audience and stage. It is a “state-of-the-art” theatre with these "Cirque-type" dancers being able to “do their thing”. Here is one example of the “air show” put on by the show performers.:

SolsticeAirShowFinalTwo.jpg

And, another example of performers soaring over the stage, etc.:

SolsticeFinalAirShowTheatrer.jpg

Earlier on our cruise in the Solstice Theatre, there was a show called “Pulse” that featured the great ship orchestra, plus much dancing, singing, entertaining, etc. Lots and energy and good talents on the ship.:

SolsticeShowPulseTwo.jpg

It actually depends on the show. For their large production numbers they say at the very beginning that due to copy-write laws, photos are not allowed. They also state that flash photography during the show is not allowed for the safety of the performers. That being said, I have witnessed both several time while cruising and watching shows. The answer is NOT ALLOWED, but in reality it happens often
I thought the copywrite exclusion was only for video, and that still non-flash were allowed. Am I wrong on that? Possible that I misunderstood the "fine print".

Thom

I thought the copywrite exclusion was only for video, and that still non-flash were allowed. Am I wrong on that? Possible that I misunderstood the "fine print".

Thom

According to the recorded announcement any photography is a violation of copy write laws. Again, it is announced, but as the poster above proved, it is usually ignored.

Archived