Cruise Outfits!

lizp

Hello Ladies!!

My hubby is out of town on business all week, and I'm bored as hell.... So, I pulled out the garment bag that I stuffed full of dresses for our upcoming Transatlantic cruise, and decided to take some photos to share!

We are sailing on Liberty of the Seas in April from Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona. Lots of sea days, and 3 formal nights. I plan to dress up a bit for dinner each night, so these dresses are making up most of my evening wardrobe!

I shopped my mother-in-law's closet a few weeks back, so some of these dresses are hers. We are lucky enough to have a Jones New York Factory Outlet nearby, which means lots of JNY and Anne Klein (usually last season, but who cares!?) at 80% or more off, and most of these dresses were purchased from there over the past 5-ish years.

Here we go!!

Let's start with the formal wear:

Silvery-Grey chiffon-overlay halter dress with sequins, Jones New York. I have a dressy cropped grey blazer with 3/4 sleeves that looks great with this.

CruiseWear-4_zpsa37a637e.jpg

I know, I know, you're all freaking out about wrinkles.... I just hang wrinkly anything in the bathroom while I shower and everything is fine, every time! I must take really hot showers....

My favourite dress ever is this brown raw silk halter with sequins, Anne Klein. I haven't been able to fit into it for something like 4 years, so this is a big triumph for me! I have gold heels and a gold pashmina to go with it.

CruiseWear-7_zpsd0610376.jpg

And my borrowed from my mother-in-law blue pleated silk chiffon dress, also by Anne Klein. I have a long tuxedo jacket, gorgeous silvery pearl choker and a beaded handbag that look amazing with this dress.

Front:

CruiseWear-5_zps5df37b04.jpg

Back:

CruiseWear-6_zps36367f1b.jpg

Here are the more casual dresses:

Red and white jersey, Nine West: (I was thinking about not bringing this dress, because hubby doesn't really love it, but seeing this photo I think I love it and have to bring it!)

CruiseWear-12_zps4519046a.jpg

Red, black and white halter, bought at Winners many years ago:

CruiseWear-11_zpsed5a094b.jpg

Green silk chiffon sundress, Anne Klein: (I call this my Tinkerbell dress!)

CruiseWear-10_zps6d7adccc.jpg

Black strapless cotton dress, Gap: (I have the same dress in a white with a grey chevron pinstripe, bringing both but didn't take a photo of the white one!)

CruiseWear-9_zps3ca8125d.jpg

Strapless floral cotton dress, Nine West: (This dress is SO FUN! It has a flared hem, so it moves a lot even though it is a heavier cotton, really flirty and cute!)

CruiseWear-8_zpsbc4dbd9d.jpg

3/4-sleeve blue jersey with draped neckline and wrap skirt, Bandolino (a JNY brand):

CruiseWear-3_zpsac294379.jpg

Black and white cotton polka-dot sundress, Anne Klein: (This is my favourite borrowed dress, I think I may "forget" to return it!) Sorry for the grainy photo!

CruiseWear-2_zps783be990.jpg

Turquoise Jersey with ruched neckline, Jones New York: (This one fits nice and loose in the -- ahem -- belly area, so it will be good for later in the cruise! ;)

CruiseWear-1_zps8ab05bcb.jpg

I also have a white cotton sateen sundress that needs a new zipper, a blue linen shirtdress that somehow missed getting photographed, and lots of more casual outfits in combination with tee-shirts and skirts or shorts.

Can't wait for the cruise!!

Lots of cute dresses :)

We're doing a 13-night TA in April and I haven't really started to pack yet - but the garment rack is out in the spare room so it won't be long!

One question for you, how many bags are you planning to take? I'm limiting myself to one checked suitcase, possibly a garment bag and a carry on. I think I'll have to go with pants & skirts with different tops for casual nights.

We're doing a 13-night TA in April and I haven't really started to pack yet - but the garment rack is out in the spare room so it won't be long!

One question for you, how many bags are you planning to take? I'm limiting myself to one checked suitcase, possibly a garment bag and a carry on. I think I'll have to go with pants & skirts with different tops for casual nights.

Really cute dresses. I tend to "dress" every night for dinner and on "formal" nights will wear the long evening dresses.......

Waterbaby....which TA in April are you doing? I will be doing the 16 night NCL Star from New Orleans (you can also catch the ship in Miami, making it a 13 night is why I was asking)

The dresses are beautiful. I feel like a packing slacker now. My cruise leaves in 11 days and the suitcases are still in the closet. I have an idea of what I'm taking but haven't even pulled the bags out of storage. LOL Hope you have a great trip. I wish we had stores like that where I live. My dresses come from Target! I cruise NCL though so no formal nights for me.

Here are the more casual dresses:

Red and white jersey, Nine West: (I was thinking about not bringing this dress, because hubby doesn't really love it, but seeing this photo I think I love it and have to bring it!)

CruiseWear-12_zps4519046a.jpg

Red, black and white halter, bought at Winners many years ago:

CruiseWear-11_zpsed5a094b.jpg

Green silk chiffon sundress, Anne Klein: (I call this my Tinkerbell dress!)

CruiseWear-10_zps6d7adccc.jpg

I really like that red and white dress:) may I ask where you

got it?

I like all of your choices and I, too, am a fan of Jones of New York and Ann Klein...also Ralph Lauren. We don't have a JNY outlet close, so I diligently shop Macy's and when a JNY I want goes on sale, I grab it. I confess that if it is something I really, really love, I pay full price because I'm afraid my size will sell out before the sales as often happens.

So here's my question. You are showing all dresses. So you bring a different dress for every night? I usually mix and match a variety of tops and a few neutral pants to have less to pack, but maybe all dresses end up being just as easy. I don't know.

I like all of your choices and I, too, am a fan of Jones of New York and Ann Klein...also Ralph Lauren. We don't have a JNY outlet close, so I diligently shop Macy's and when a JNY I want goes on sale, I grab it. I confess that if it is something I really, really love, I pay full price because I'm afraid my size will sell out before the sales as often happens.

So here's my question. You are showing all dresses. So you bring a different dress for every night? I usually mix and match a variety of tops and a few neutral pants to have less to pack, but maybe all dresses end up being just as easy. I don't know.

Hi:)I am not the original poster but I will say sometimes dresses

are easier to pack (especially if they are a jersey material)...usually

they fold up to nothing and do not wrinkle either:D

Here in Canada, the JNY Factory Outlets are pretty much the only place I've found to get discounted JNY and Anne Klein -- Sears and the Bay carry them, but never at good prices! Last time I was in New York, I was BLOWN AWAY by the sales on JNY and the like at Macy's... So jealous!!!

Most of my mix-and-match outfits are casual; tee shirts and shorts or a skirt. I have a dress for almost every evening, I prefer a dress over mix-and-match for a dressier look. Also, I pretty much LIVE in dresses all summer long, so I have a lot of options, more so than tops and bottoms... And, I find the dresses are super easy to pack, especially the jersey ones!

I really like that red and white dress:) may I ask where you

got it?

It's one from my mother-in-law, I'm quite sure she would have bought it at Jones New York, it's Nine West, and judging by the size it's from a few years ago (her closet ranges in sizes from 6-14, and most of the smaller sizes are the older clothes....:o)

(holy-run-on-sentence!)

The dresses are beautiful. I feel like a packing slacker now. My cruise leaves in 11 days and the suitcases are still in the closet. I have an idea of what I'm taking but haven't even pulled the bags out of storage. LOL Hope you have a great trip. I wish we had stores like that where I live. My dresses come from Target! I cruise NCL though so no formal nights for me.

Wow! 11 days out I'll be already planning what NOT to wear so that I don't have to do laundry... I LOVE PACKING!

One question for you' date=' how many bags are you planning to take? I'm limiting myself to one checked suitcase, possibly a garment bag and a carry on. I think I'll have to go with pants & skirts with different tops for casual nights.[/quote']

We're flying to Ft Lauderdale on Spirit, so very limited in baggage.... We're each taking 1 checked bag, 40lbs/bag. These dresses you see, plus a couple more, plus two jackets, in the suitcase, weighs in a about 19lbs. I think I'll be ok... I love packing, and the more of a challenge it is, the more I love i t!!

And, we're in FL for 2 days before we sail out, so we'll buy some clothes and toiletries there, saving packing space! We fly home from Barcelona on British Airways with a generous 50lb/checked bag each, plus a 50lb carry-on each. So, everything we buy will easily make it home!

Wow! 11 days out I'll be already planning what NOT to wear so that I don't have to do laundry... I LOVE PACKING!

LOL That's funny. I did wash my dresses and I've already decided on what to wear to church Sunday based on what outfit I don't want to take with me so I don't have to wash again. I won't actually start packing until next Wednesday though and we leave next Friday. I have an idea of what I'm taking and have those items grouped together in the closet. I hate packing though. We're driving though, so at least I don't have to worry about airplane rules!

This is what I do too - and also told my boys to do as well! I basically told my 12 yo to only wear his black t-shirts because those most likely weren't going on the cruise because I hadn't picked out his clothes yet but I didn't want to be doing laundry next week either! LOL

When it's winter and you are taking summer clothes it's easier to do that - but here in Texas we are pretty spring-like so I had to make sure they didn't get the cruise clothes dirty!

Yes, that is the problem when you buy cruise clothes, shoes etc. and live in a hot climate year round, you are forever tempted to just try them out!:D

I could never have clothes that were just for cruising... I don't have enough storage space in our tiny condo, for one. But mostly, I LOVE CLOTHES! I would never be able to not wear something that I loved!!!!

I usually pack a wardrobe around shoe colour (either black or brown, so I don't need to bring both) which then limits my accessories -- jewelry and purses. But for this cruise, it's so long, with so many days at sea (so I don't need multiple pairs of look-nice-and-wear-all-day-in-port-walking-around shoes) I'm bringing a mix of black shoes/accessories and brown shoes/accessories.

I have this pair of fantastically comfy and nice looking Merrell sandals that I live in all summer long, so most of my summer wardrobe is based around wearing these.

5klwvfhd.2qa.png

But I'm also bringing this adorable pair of black raw silk peep-toe flats, also super comfy and gorgeous.

madella_thai_silk_black_flats_xlarge_main.jpg

The black wedge heels that I'm wearing in all the photos are my formal shoes (so comfy!) plus a pair of gold heels to go with the brown dress if I can fit them in!

I have a huge amount of jewelry -- earrings, necklaces and bracelets -- to go with each outfit. I feel naked if I'm not wearing jewelry, even if it's just a pair of earrings. I have lots of silver, wood and turquoise stuff. After the cruise I'll share the outfits with proper shoes and accessories, and maybe even my head!!! :)

Archived